ot, kindle

Old July 22nd 09, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default ot, kindle

I know some of you here have one, do you like it? is it worth it and can it
do anything beyond reading books? lee, just starting research

Old July 23rd 09, 07:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kimmel[_2_]

Stormmee wrote:
I know some of you here have one, do you like it? is it worth it and can it
do anything beyond reading books? lee, just starting research

Get an iphone instead.

--
John Kimmel

So in this world
Of the simple and odd,
The bent and plain,
The unbalanced bod,
The imperfect people
And differently pawed,
Some live without love...
That's how they're flawed.

Old July 23rd 09, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Stormmee" wrote in message
I know some of you here have one, do you like it? is it worth it and can it
do anything beyond reading books? lee, just starting research

What is kindle?
Do I need it? ;-)
I have a thingie like a TV screen for my work. I can put a document under
it and turn a knob to see how best I can see it. Yellow on blue, red on
white etc.
It will also scroll in large print from small in black and white.

It cost my employers $6,000.
And the best thing it that it's mine! I can transfer it to another job or
take it home when I retire.

Old July 23rd 09, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

i used to use one of those back when i could see, if you want to be
impressed ask gramby about her portable one... the kindle so far as i can
tell lets you read books, either the electronic word or it will with the
newer versions talk to you... books aren't supposed to cost as much as a
real book, but i was wondering if it is worth my while or should i just
content myself for now with downloading public domain stuff from the
guetenburg project to my acer which will read that stuff... my real issue is
1 does it do anything besides read books.
2 can i get the books and down load them to something i already have.
and
3 there are several versions, of the ones that read out the material which
one is best.

Old July 23rd 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Sorry, have no idea, except that the word kindle was used to describe cats
and rabbits giving birth many years ago

Old July 23rd 09, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA

Christina Websell kirjoitti:
Sorry, have no idea, except that the word kindle was used to describe cats
and rabbits giving birth many years ago

My first thought was towards kindling a fire...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Old July 23rd 09, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

they are sold at amazon if you mean the reader, and i keep hoping mark reads
this thread and gives out his opinion, Lee