A Long Day; Persia's at the Clinic

Old April 13th 10, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default A Long Day; Persia's at the Clinic

She was being a stinker this morning. Doesn't matter how hard I try to be
nonchalant, it's just another day, she knows something is afoot. So she hid
under the sofa in the living room. I had to use a broom to get her out.
Then she ran into the den and hid behind the sofa. I closed the door, but I
had to move the sofa bed (that sucker is heavy!). Then I got to chase her
around the room for a while. Of course she was protesting the entire time.
I finally managed to grab her and get her to the carrier.

I went next door and my neighbor was waiting to drive us. Okay, now she
really didn't understand. Why am I in the back seat of her car? Where are
we going? Why are we still driving after all this time? (It's a two-hour
trip there and back.) She cried and cried, which was to be expected. But
she was so upset she threw up her breakfast about halfway there. Lynn
pulled off on a side road and I cleaned up the mess as best I could with
tissues. But she got sick again right before we got to the clinic. So when
I took her inside I told them about it and said she'd probably need to be
cleaned up a bit. They whisked her off while I filled out paperwork (and of
course paid the bill for the radioactive treatment; I pay for her boarding
when I pick her up on 4/30).

Then we met with the vet who showed me the isolation room and the
cage/kennel where she'll be staying this week. There happens to be another
cat who was brought in earlier that day who will be in the cage next to her.
But the way they have it set up, they can't see each other, only hear each
other. I was told after a week she'll be moved to a larger kennel in the
main boarding facility. (It didn't occur to me until I got home to wonder
how that is possible since she's not supposed to be around other cats for 2
weeks after the treatment. Hmmmm.)

I figured I'd bring her Sherpa bag home and clean it out and put the fleece
liner in the washing machine. The clinic staff said saying just leave it
there and they'd take care of it. They'd already put the liner in the
washer. That way it will be there when I come back to bring her home. (It
better be! Those Sherpa bags aren't cheap!) Anyway, I feel like she's in
good hands. The vet ordered the radioactive iodine as soon as I checked in
and was going to administer it around noon.

But the vet tech mentioned they were going to have to give Persia a BATH.
OMG, she's going to kill me when she gets home! First I take her on that
really long trip, then she has to get bathed. Then she's staying there for
3 weeks! Yep, she's going to kill me. Maybe not immediately. But soon,
very soon.

Jill

Old April 13th 10, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

you better get your affairs in order, say good bye to the lll nd bird, you
are probably going to die in your sleep , Lee

Old April 13th 10, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I wouldn't want to make a bet on which of you the time between now and the
30th will be the hardest. I don't know how she usually behaves when you go
away, but I suspect that, although she may sulk for a day or two, she'll be
so grateful to you for rescuing her from that place, she'll forget you're
the one who took her there. Also, at least you won't be the one giving her
a bath.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old April 13th 10, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
I wouldn't want to make a bet on which of you the time between now and the
30th will be the hardest. I don't know how she usually behaves when you go
away, but I suspect that, although she may sulk for a day or two, she'll be
so grateful to you for rescuing her from that place, she'll forget you're
the one who took her there. Also, at least you won't be the one giving her
a bath.

--

Joy

That's the part that scares me the most She's never had a bath, not
since she showed up at my back door 1/6/2001. OMG, someone is going to put
her in a tub and wash her?! It's a good thing she's front declawed (NO, I
didn't do it.) She's going to be really ticked off! And I'm sure I won't
hear the end of it for *days* after she comes home.

Jill

Old April 13th 10, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Apr 12, 4:47*pm, "Stormmee" wrote:
you better get your affairs in order, say good bye to the lll nd bird, you
are probably going to die in your sleep , Lee

WTF?
Old April 13th 10, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

read the thread, jill let them give persia a bath, persia will take her out
when she gts home, start with jill's post and it will make sense, Lee

Old April 13th 10, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Apr 12, 4:42*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

At first I didn't think i could handle three cats, so I donated Mayhem
to my vet tech school. She was well loved and well care for and
helped me and my fellow students learn about properly handling cats.
So she was there for about 3 months. at the end of the semester I
went to say goodbye, and she just looked at me with those big eyes.

And I relented to the fact that I was a SUCKER, and she came home with
me that afternoon.

I was afraid she was going to be mad for 'abandoning' her for such a
LONG time. On the contrary, she became QUITE clingy for the next few
weeks. "I Love you SOOOOO much, meowmie, i'll do ANYTHING for you,
just promise never to take me there EVER again!'

I'm sure she'll be fine. Purrs that the treatment goes well.

kristi
Old April 13th 10, 07:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Apr 12, 7:01*pm, "Stormmee" wrote:
read the thread, jill let them give persia a bath, persia will take her out
when she gts home, start with jill's post and it will make sense, Lee"Mischief" wrote in message

On Apr 12, 4:47 pm, "Stormmee" wrote:

you better get your affairs in order, say good bye to the lll nd bird, you
are probably going to die in your sleep , Lee

WTF?

ah ok, i'm sorry, for some reason just alone it popped up on my screen

kristi
Old April 13th 10, 09:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Mischief" wrote in message
[...]

Persia was boarded for *months* when I came here to help my mother take care
of my father, and then again for months after he died. I finally insisted
on being able to go back to TN to get my cat (and my car) and bring them
both to SC. So she's used to being boarded. I'm not saying she likes it,
but she'll be fine. The bath thing she will NOT like, but it's better than
having her silky fur coated in vomit.

I'm glad you fell for the pitiful big Mayhem eyes She's right where she
belongs.

Jill

Old April 13th 10, 10:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Mischief" wrote in message
On Apr 12, 7:01 pm, "Stormmee" wrote:
read the thread, jill let them give persia a bath, persia will take her
out
when she gts home, start with jill's post and it will make sense,
Lee"Mischief" wrote in message

On Apr 12, 4:47 pm, "Stormmee" wrote:

you better get your affairs in order, say good bye to the lll nd bird,
you
are probably going to die in your sleep , Lee

WTF?

ah ok, i'm sorry, for some reason just alone it popped up on my screen

kristi

Google Groups. What were they thinking? But at least it gets you here

Jill