We had to say goodbye to Boo

Old April 16th 09, 09:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

Default We had to say goodbye to Boo

"cybercat" wrote in message
It was a tumor that had grown into her jaw bone, and the bone was

necrotic.
Again, I am amazed at the way cats can hide pain. She scampered and
frolicked and was her usual self even for part of yesterday. The vet said
that these types of tumors are almost always fatal, and that our only

option
would be to take her to the vet school here in Raleigh and have them

remove
part of her jaw.

It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if

we
brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
was peaceful.

For those of you who think giving an animal this last precious gift when
they are suffering costs so much you would rather let them linger, it cost
$30. If we thought we could give her anything but a lot more suffering, we
would have spent everything we have to fix this thing. We felt we owed her
more, we felt that our pain at losing her sooner, horrible as it is, was
better than causing her, allowing her to suffer more. We feel that what we
are going through now is a small price to pay for all those years of fun

and
laughter and love.

Thanks to all of you for your kind support and prayers. She was the

coolest,
most ferociously loving little cat. There is a huge hole in our home and

in
our hearts.

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to read this until now, but please accept
my belated condolences. I know how much Boo meant to you.

Phil

Old April 16th 09, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Phil P." wrote

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to read this until now, but please accept
my belated condolences. I know how much Boo meant to you.

Oh Phil. I was worried you were not saying anything because you thought I
should have done more, too. Thank you.

Old April 17th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Phil P." wrote

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to read this until now, but please

accept
my belated condolences. I know how much Boo meant to you.

Oh Phil. I was worried you were not saying anything because you thought I
should have done more, too. Thank you.

Not at all. . I didn't respond sooner because I just haven't been around.
I've been insanely busy. A few weeks ago we broke the 10,000 mark for our
TNR program including over 1000 for this year already- and kitten season is
just beginning.

I know you would have sold your soul to the devil to save her just as I
would have. You did the right thing. I just wish the "right thing" wouldn't
hurt us so much.

Again, my belated condolences,

Phil

Old April 17th 09, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Phil P." wrote
Not at all. . I didn't respond sooner because I just haven't been around.
I've been insanely busy. A few weeks ago we broke the 10,000 mark for our
TNR program including over 1000 for this year already- and kitten season
is
just beginning.

I know you would have sold your soul to the devil to save her just as I
would have. You did the right thing. I just wish the "right thing"
wouldn't
hurt us so much.

Again, my belated condolences,

Thank you. Grief is a strange thing, it can really mess up perspective.
Thanks for all your good work, Phil. If it were not for your advice, we
would have lost Boo years ago.

Old April 19th 09, 08:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Phil P." wrote
Not at all. . I didn't respond sooner because I just haven't been

around.
I've been insanely busy. A few weeks ago we broke the 10,000 mark for

our
TNR program including over 1000 for this year already- and kitten season
is
just beginning.

I know you would have sold your soul to the devil to save her just as I
would have. You did the right thing. I just wish the "right thing"
wouldn't
hurt us so much.

Again, my belated condolences,

Thank you. Grief is a strange thing, it can really mess up perspective.

It sure can.

Thanks for all your good work, Phil. If it were not for your advice, we
would have lost Boo years ago.

I'm glad I could help.

Phil

Old May 3rd 09, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

cybercat wrote:

It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if we
brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She could
have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast but it
was peaceful.

I am so sorry about Boo. You gave her a good life and a let her go when
it was time. She was a very lucky little girl. :*(
Old May 3rd 09, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote in message
m...
cybercat wrote:

It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if
we brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She
could have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast
but it was peaceful.

I am so sorry about Boo. You gave her a good life and a let her go when
it was time. She was a very lucky little girl. :*(

Thank you so much. I am still a wreck. There can be nobody like her.

Old May 3rd 09, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

cybercat wrote:
"Lynne" wrote in message
m...
cybercat wrote:

It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that if
we brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her. She
could have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was not fast
but it was peaceful.

I am so sorry about Boo. You gave her a good life and a let her go when
it was time. She was a very lucky little girl. :*(

Thank you so much. I am still a wreck. There can be nobody like her.

I know how much you loved her. I wish words weren't so inadequate
sometimes and that I could say just the right thing. Of course there is
no right thing... Ah, ****, the little devils wrap their little paws
all around our hearts and make it impossible for life to ever be as good
again without them. I'm so sorry, Nancy.
Old May 4th 09, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lynne" wrote in message
m...
cybercat wrote:
"Lynne" wrote in message
m...
cybercat wrote:

It was very hard to take her and not come home with her. We knew that
if we brought her home it would be for US, not the best thing for her.
She could have lingered and suffered for weeks, maybe months. It was
not fast but it was peaceful.
I am so sorry about Boo. You gave her a good life and a let her go when
it was time. She was a very lucky little girl. :*(

Thank you so much. I am still a wreck. There can be nobody like her.

I know how much you loved her. I wish words weren't so inadequate
sometimes and that I could say just the right thing. Of course there is
no right thing... Ah, ****, the little devils wrap their little paws all
around our hearts and make it impossible for life to ever be as good again
without them. I'm so sorry, Nancy.

Thanks, honey. That's just the right thing to say, nothing better. The best
comfort is someone who understands.

Old May 5th 09, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

On Mar 23, 10:06*am, "cybercat" wrote:
[...]

--------------------
I'm so sorry. We've all been there and multiple times, and we all know
it's going to happen eventually, but it never gets any easier, does
it? The only consolation I have found is knowing that I did everything
humanly for my cats (as you did for little Boo) and treated them like
gold (as you did for little Boo). When my father died, a wise woman
told me that the reason I was so sad was not because I loved my father
so much but because he loved me. I wish you peace.
Hugs and purrs.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.