Dere was a EARFQUAKE!

Old April 23rd 05, 08:46 AM
Sammy da 'Venture Kitten

Default Dere was a EARFQUAKE!

Da scariest fing happened today - we had a EARFQUAKE! A really big one!

Dis afternoon we was all doing our usual stuff. Cleocatra was in da
bedroom window on greebling sentry duty, Amelia was in da livig room
window doing d-thing and miniature human lookout duty, Tabifa was in da
security center under da recliner (you know, da room wif all the
monitors connected to da closed-circuit cameras outside?), and I was
under the bed nappi- errr, meditating. Den suddenly dis loud noise
started, like a kittyeatertrainmonster coming by. Amelia knows all about
doze, so her tail got all fluffy (really fluffy, not fat-fluffy like da
rest of her). Den da ground started to shake. It shaked a whole lot - I
thought da house was going to fall down!

I was furry scared, but I ran fru da house making sure all of mine
sisfurs was safe. After all, dey is just girlcats and efurrybody knows
dat girlcats need boycats to keep dem safe. Well, most girlcats. Ok,
some girlcats. Anyway, I runned around and saw dat dey was all safe, so
I ran back under da bed and yelled fur all of dem to come join me where
it was safe, but only Cleocatra did.

After about a half hour da shaking and rumbling stopped. [Cleo whispers
in his ear] Wha? A few seconds? Hah! Dat wasn't no few seconds! It was
just about furever! Anyhow, we all did a thorough search of da house
and made sure dat everything was ok.

Then Meowmie came home tonight, and I had to tel her all about it.
Neither Meowmie nor Paw unnerstand catlish all dat well, so I had to
squeak furry slowly. And it still taked at least 5 minutes to tell her
all about it. Den she said "if you're telling me about the earthquake"
(well, woof!) "I know about it. We felt it in Redlands, too. It was a
3.2 centered in San Bernardino."

Boy, is she wrong! Dat was no "3.2", whatever dat is, dis was a
EARFQUAKE! [Cleo whipsers in his ear again] Wha? Humans measure da size
of earfquakes wif numbers? Den 3.2 must mean HUGE, cuz dis was HUGE! I
mean, I though Catifurnia was going to fall off into da ocean
waddermonsters! I den told Meowmie all about how we all did our jobs in
making sure da house was safe. Den Meowmie opened da back door and all
four of us runned out into da yard and made at least a dozen inspection
circuits around da whole yard. Da fence was STILL STANDING! Amazing! I
was sure it would have at least fallen over, if not been eaten up by
giant cracks in da ground!

So anyhow, dere was a giantt, huge, monstrous 3.2 earfquake in Highland
today, but all of us Highland kitties and our Meowmie and our unca Pat
and his d-pet Maggie and grandmeowmie and her d-pet Cali are all ok. And
Paw and Harri Roadcat are ok cuz dey is in come place called Or-a-gun. I
rememfur dat - I was dere a few times when I was stealth-riding wif Paw
in his giantmetalmonster!

Sammy
Old April 23rd 05, 03:10 PM
Sammy da 'Venture Kitten

Oh my! That duz sound like thu skariest fing! I fink I wud hide undur thu
bed!

Betsy

It was, it was! Mine Meowmie says it waz jus a liddle small one, but
efurrybody knows dat kitties are much betterer judges of such fings than
hoomins.

Sammy
Old April 23rd 05, 04:04 PM
Mlle. Anaïs ^..^

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 00:46:27 -0700, Sammy da 'Venture Kitten wrote:

[...]

Oh my towz, but yew haff 'ventures, Sammy! Dis won souns furry scary
indeed!
--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
4/23/2005 11:03:49 AM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old April 23rd 05, 08:26 PM
Sundance

Dis sownds like a gud oppertoonity to revyoo a earfquake safty tip. To
purrpare fur earfquakes, push all objecks onto da flor. Dat way dey kant
fall on yoo when da earfquakemonster hits. If da hoomins putz fings bak up
whare dey wuz, just keep pushin dem bak on da flor. Da hoomins may not
lern, but yool kno yoo is safe.

Sundance, safety monitor

Old April 24th 05, 01:40 AM
Miss Violette

We are very glad you are all safe, I didn't know you road with your paw in
the metalmonster, Miss Violette, glad her friends are fine

Old April 24th 05, 02:30 AM
Sammy da 'Venture Kitten

Miss Violette wrote:
We are very glad you are all safe, I didn't know you road with your paw in
the metalmonster, Miss Violette, glad her friends are fine

Well, Paw doesn't know about it. Last year, just after him started
driving the metalmonster, I would 'port into the top bunk of da
metalmonster and into da cabinets to keep an eye on him and keep him
safe. Da whole time I was doing dat, mine Paw never knowed dat I was
dere. I posted some messages about it last year. I met some cool kitties
and some udder critters, like a armadillo out in Tekszas. In fact, dat's
how I got my name "da 'Venture Kitten"!

Sammy
Old April 24th 05, 03:37 AM
Pitoonya AKA Sweetee

"Sammy da 'Venture Kitten" wrote in message
Da scariest fing happened today - we had a EARFQUAKE! A really big one!

Dis afternoon we was all doing our usual stuff. Cleocatra was in da
bedroom window on greebling sentry duty, Amelia was in da livig room
window doing d-thing and miniature human lookout duty, Tabifa was in da
security center under da recliner (you know, da room wif all the
monitors connected to da closed-circuit cameras outside?), and I was
under the bed nappi- errr, meditating. Den suddenly dis loud noise
started, like a kittyeatertrainmonster coming by. Amelia knows all about
doze, so her tail got all fluffy (really fluffy, not fat-fluffy like da
rest of her). Den da ground started to shake. It shaked a whole lot - I
thought da house was going to fall down!

snipt

I yam in Sufurren Cattyfurrnya, an I didunt feel uh ennytink!
In NorffRige, we hab had hooooj E.Q.z, buttid I didunt effin feel diz wun
attawl!
I yam jelluz!

Pitoonya

Old April 24th 05, 09:56 AM
Miss Violette

I do remember that now, I think my senior moments are coming more frequently
now, Miss Violette, slightly embarrassed

Old April 24th 05, 06:30 PM
Sammy da 'Venture Kitten

Miss Violette wrote:
I do remember that now, I think my senior moments are coming more frequently
now, Miss Violette, slightly embarrassed

No need to be embarrased, it happens to all ub us.

Sammy