Problem with Wellness

Old June 29th 12, 01:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default Problem with Wellness

This morning I put out the cat's breakfast and they both took one look
and walked away. I have had this problem with Wellness (Turkey) before
but not in the middle of a case. I had a can of Chicken Soup for Cat
Lover's Soul. I put that out and they both ate it. Now I have to get
some more of that. Tiger has been sick since Sunday (several vet trips)
and I wonder if the Wellness is at fault. I will be calling them later.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old June 29th 12, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

---MIKE--- wrote:

This morning I put out the cat's breakfast and they both took one look
and walked away. I have had this problem with Wellness (Turkey) before
but not in the middle of a case. I had a can of Chicken Soup for Cat
Lover's Soul. I put that out and they both ate it. Now I have to get
some more of that. Tiger has been sick since Sunday (several vet trips)
and I wonder if the Wellness is at fault. I will be calling them later.

Please keep us posted! Wellness canned food has been pretty inconsistent
over the past couple of years, and my cats' interest in it varies in
response. So why do I keep giving it to them? Because I don't know what
else to give them. When I started feeding them Wellness brand (in 2007),
it was the best catfood available in the US, that I knew about. I don't
think that's true anymore, but what are my other choices? (Any suggestions?)

A couple of years ago someone sent me a ton of links to a company called...
Berwind, I think? They're some kind of investment company. Anyway, they
acquired Wellness back in 2010, maybe, or 2009. However, all they do is
invest money. They don't get involved in production, nor would they be
considered experts in the business of whatever companies they acquire.
They leave that up to the companies. Wellness still has its website where
the employees talk about how great it is to work there. And it does seem
like a good place to work. But that doesn't mean their product is good.
If it's not because of the acquisition, then why *is* Wellness food not
as good?

I also feed my cats Weruva canned food - does anyone here know anything
about it? It's a premium brand, but that's all I know about it. They mostly
like it. (I shouldn't say "they" - it's really Roxy I'm talking about.
She's the fussy eater. Licky will eat just about anything.) I do this for
variety - too much Wellness and they turn up their noses (er, "she turns
up her nose") at it.

--
Joyce

Fluffy Mackerel Pudding - "Once upon a time, the world was young and the
words 'mackerel' and 'pudding' existed far, far away from one another. One
day, that all changed. And then, whoever was responsible somehow thought
the word 'fluffy' would help." -- Hilarious recipes at: www.candyboots.com
Old June 30th 12, 12:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

I was not able to find Chicken Soup locally. This morning I tried a
different batch of Wellness Turkey (best by Feb 15 - the "bad" batch was
Jan 15). Amber loved it. Tiger had a big throw-up overnight from
eating some Friskies canned food that I left out so he just ate a little
bit this morning. I will return two cases of the Jan 15 in exchange for
two cases of Feb 15. I will pick up a case of Chicken Soup next week
after the holiday crowds have gone home (I have to go to North Conway
which is 45 miles away).
I called Wellness but as I expected, they were not very helpful.
They just said to return the suspect cases.

Old July 12th 12, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Today I went to North Conway and picked up three varieties of Chicken
Soup canned cat food. I fed the "lite" variety tonight and they ate it
right up. Tomorrow I will see if they like the "hairball" variety. As
soon as I see which kind they prefer I will order several cases.
Unfortunately I was only able to get three cans of the "regular"
variety.

Old July 12th 12, 12:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

This morning I fed the "hairball" variety of chicken soup. It was a
success. The plates were cleaned by 7:30. With Wellness, IF the plates
were cleaned it wasn't until late morning - like 11:00. Now I have to
try and talk my local shop to get the chicken soup for me.

Old July 13th 12, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 07:37:03 -0400,
(---MIKE---) wrote:

This morning I fed the "hairball" variety of chicken soup. It was a
success. The plates were cleaned by 7:30. With Wellness, IF the plates
were cleaned it wasn't until late morning - like 11:00. Now I have to
try and talk my local shop to get the chicken soup for me.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Be careful about ordering too much. I'm always trying to find some
quality food that all four cats will eat, and once in a while I
actually stumble across one. I order a few cases, the cats note that
the cases have arrived, and then they decide that they no longer like
it. Anyone want a case of Soulistic Good Karma (5.5 oz) or Weruva Paw
Lickin Chicken?

There is also some variation in the smaller brands. My cats really
loved BFF Tuna and Chicken (the yellowish can). Loved. It. Then one
case they simply wouldn't go near. It was a different lot number. I
went to the store, got all the cans of the old lot number. That they
ate.

That was a few months back. I tried it again a few weeks ago and got
two different lot numbers. They'll sniff it and eat some but nothing
like those first few batches.

It all smells the same to me of course.
Old July 13th 12, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

dgk wrote:

Be careful about ordering too much. I'm always trying to find some
quality food that all four cats will eat, and once in a while I
actually stumble across one. I order a few cases, the cats note that
the cases have arrived, and then they decide that they no longer like
it. Anyone want a case of Soulistic Good Karma (5.5 oz) or Weruva Paw
Lickin Chicken?

Ooo, Roxy *loves* Weruva Paw Lickin Chicken. And she's a fussy eater,
hard to please, so I always make sure to get her some of that every week.

But I think getting a case from you is a bit impractical.

--
Joyce

The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in
the morning feeling just terrible. -- Jean Kerr
Old July 13th 12, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 07/12/2012 05:37 AM, ---MIKE--- wrote:
This morning I fed the "hairball" variety of chicken soup. It was a
success. The plates were cleaned by 7:30. With Wellness, IF the plates
were cleaned it wasn't until late morning - like 11:00. Now I have to
try and talk my local shop to get the chicken soup for me.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

If that doesn't work, donate it to a rescue group. MLB