My Tiger's not well too.

Old July 26th 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default My Tiger's not well too.

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:30:00 +0200, "Nanny"
wrote:

I'd noticed him becoming like a balloon over the past days so I took him to
the vet today, thinking he could have obstipation. Well, he didn't..... He's
full of fluid so they can't feel anything or take X-rays. He had to stay
there for the whole afternoon for an extensive examination and I just picked
him up.
His kidney and liver values are good (at least for the CRF-cat that he is),
and his heart is good too. The vet has given him an injection to let him
get rid of the fluid and he has to come back tomorrow so they can try to
find out what's wrong. This doesn't sound good, as the next possibility can
hardly be anything else than a tumor :-(

Nanny

While this doesn't sound good, there could be any number of reasons for
fluid build-up, that are not caused by a tumor.

Purrs that this is true for Tiger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein
Old July 26th 08, 08:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Nanny wrote:

I'd noticed him becoming like a balloon over the past days so I took him to
the vet today, thinking he could have obstipation. Well, he didn't..... He's
full of fluid so they can't feel anything or take X-rays. He had to stay
there for the whole afternoon for an extensive examination and I just picked
him up.
His kidney and liver values are good (at least for the CRF-cat that he is),
and his heart is good too. The vet has given him an injection to let him
get rid of the fluid and he has to come back tomorrow so they can try to
find out what's wrong. This doesn't sound good, as the next possibility can
hardly be anything else than a tumor :-(

I hope he's OK! Purrs that it's something treatable. Even if it's a
tumor, that doesn't mean it's malignant, but I can understand your being
worried. Poor kitty, I hope he's not too uncomfortable. Please keep us
posted about his condition.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 27th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Nanny wrote:
I'd noticed him becoming like a balloon over the past days so I took him
to the vet today, thinking he could have obstipation. Well, he
didn't..... He's full of fluid so they can't feel anything or take
X-rays. He had to stay there for the whole afternoon for an extensive
examination and I just picked him up.
His kidney and liver values are good (at least for the CRF-cat that he
is), and his heart is good too. The vet has given him an injection to
let him get rid of the fluid and he has to come back tomorrow so they
can try to find out what's wrong. This doesn't sound good, as the next
possibility can hardly be anything else than a tumor :-(

Nanny

Purrs for your Tiger, too.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old July 28th 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

More purrs for Tiger.
Charleen
Aggie Marble,