Another stormy night

Old July 27th 08, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Default Another stormy night

This was a great weekend in central Iowa. Nice weather, light breezes.
This afternoon I got energetic and mowed our front yard and the front
and back yards next door (next door neighbor moved out a while ago). A
few clouds started moving in as I started, and by the time I finished
the whole sky was dark.

I came in and took a shower to wash off the grass. When I got out he had
an absolute cloudburst going on. All of the kitties were inside so I
closed the back door to keep everybody inside.

Just turned on the news, and they're reporting 80 MPH winds in Des
Moines. A Tornado was spotted in Elkhart (a little NW of us), moving SE,
so we're under tornado warning. The town sirens haven't gone off yet, so
we won't rush down to the basement yet.

A couple minutes before we closed the back doors both of us saw Amelia
in the front room. Once we closed the doors we did a complete kitty
count and only counted 5 - neither of us could find Amelia. We both
looked everywhere, and crawled around in the floor with flashlights
looking everywhere we could think of that a kitty with a somewhat
Rubenesque form might be able to hide - no sign of her. I even went out
back and scoured the back yard, getting soaked again (didn't need to
take a shower, did I?). Still no sign. So we sat down to try to figure
out where she could have gotten off to. As we sat there talking, who do
you suppose came strolling out of the front room? Little Missy Amelia.
Old July 27th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote

| I came in and took a shower to wash off the grass. When I got out he had
| an absolute cloudburst going on.

Can you send some of that heavy rain south please? We've only had a few
brief showers in recent weeks and it's stinking hot.

Old July 27th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Last night right around bedtime we had a sudden thunder storm. It only
lasted about 5 minutes but Amber ran down from the living room and set
up camp at the foot of my bed - for the rest of the night. She doesn't
like the noise.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old July 27th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Can you send some of that heavy rain south please? We've only had a few
brief showers in recent weeks and it's stinking hot.

I'd love to! We sure don't need it.
Old July 28th 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Purrrrrz and prayers for the bad weather to go away but, not this a way!!!
"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
[...]

it was a dark and stormy night Stormmee Cat anecdotes 21 December 17th 06 11:26 PM
Stormy Update Jane Cat anecdotes 8 December 7th 05 10:49 PM
[OT] Humor - It was a dark and stormy night... Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 2 July 31st 05 03:25 AM
Another OK stormy night... Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 58 April 28th 04 07:42 PM
Yet another stormy OK night Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 6 April 26th 04 01:59 PM