Challenge

Old April 11th 05, 12:34 AM
Alison

Default Challenge

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in message
nk.net...
Can everyone here go 24 hours, starting, say, right now, without

making
one personal comment about someone else (other than, "That's a
good-looking cat!" and the like).

Just asking.

Maybe, we should try the recipe thing. It works on RPCA
BTW, could people please snip posts so it's not necessary to keep
having to scroll down pages of stuff to read a one line sentence
Alison

Old April 11th 05, 12:58 AM
Alison

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in message
nk.net...
In article ,
"Alison" wrote:

I'm into grilled (without fat) cheese and tomato sammiches at the
moment. Or is that not what you meant?

MMmm, I really fancy one of those. Time for a midnight snack! I
hope no one on a diet is reading this.
I'm into peanut butter and jam (jelly) sarnies (sammiches).
If jelly is jam, what do you call the jelly you use in a trifle?

I used to give Pudge a tiny bit of ham as a treat. And she would

spend
half an hour or more batting it down. I would tell her, "Honey, that
pig's been dead for *weeks*, so you can stop killing it." She'd just
look at me and try slaying it again.

Never did eat it.

LOL Kim's doesn't play with her food . She's on a sea food diet .
See food and eat it . BG groan thats an oldie
Alison

Old April 11th 05, 03:08 AM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

"Alison" wrote:

I'm into grilled (without fat) cheese and tomato sammiches at the
moment. Or is that not what you meant?

MMmm, I really fancy one of those. Time for a midnight snack! I
hope no one on a diet is reading this.
I'm into peanut butter and jam (jelly) sarnies (sammiches).
If jelly is jam, what do you call the jelly you use in a trifle?

I think we call that Jell-0 or gelatin, though, come to think of it, I
bet it might be tasty to try blackberry jelly in a trifle.

I stole this recipe from Kraft foods website (I don't use blueberries
as I'm very allergic, but it's very tasty with raspberries and
strawberries), and it's good (measurements are US):

Summer Berry Trifle

1 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (8-serving size) JELL-O Brand Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
Ice cubes
1/2 cup cold water
2 cups mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1-1/4 cups cold milk, divided
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Cheesecake or Vanilla Flavor Instant
Pudding & Pie Filling
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Strawberry Whipped Topping, thawed
1 pkg. (12 oz.) pound cake, cubed

STIR boiling water into dry gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes
until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to measure 1
cup. Add to gelatin; stir until ice is completely melted. Let stand
about 15 minutes or until thickened. (Spoon drawn through gelatin
leaves definite impression.) Stir in berries.
PLACE cream cheese in large bowl; beat with wire whisk until creamy.
Gradually add 1/4 cup of the milk, beating until well blended. Add
remaining 1 cup milk and dry pudding mix; beat 2 minutes or until well
blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Set aside.
PLACE about half of the cake cubes in bottom of large serving bowl;
cover with half of the pudding mixture. Top with layers of the gelatin
mixture, remaining cake cubes and remaining pudding mixture.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Store leftover
dessert in refrigerator.

Makes 18 servings, is a big hit at the family bar-b-ques :-)

Old April 11th 05, 04:27 AM

Maybe, we should try the recipe thing. It works on RPCA
BTW, could people please snip posts so it's not necessary to keep
having to scroll down pages of stuff to read a one line sentence
Alison

But this isn't rpca. This group has a completely different tone and
content. It works on rpca; on this group it's only going to add more
noise and clutter.
I don't have a problem with the occasional flamefest or OT posts. But
if a recipe follows every post someone doesn't like, it will become
impossible to read.

Sherry

Old April 11th 05, 07:54 AM
Ashley

"Alison" wrote:

Maybe, we should try the recipe thing. It works on RPCA

I'm into grilled (without fat) cheese and tomato sammiches at the
moment. Or is that not what you meant?

Chicken roasted on the barbecue, so it has that flame-grilled, smoky flavour
to it. Shove a couple of whole lemons, scored so the flavour runs out of
them, up its inside, along with several cloves of garlic. Several more
cloves of garlic under the skin. Barbecue, with a roasting hood on,
maintaining the temperature at around 160C (sorry guys, you'll have to do
your own farenheit conversions!). Eat :-)

Old April 11th 05, 07:58 AM
Ashley

"Alison" wrote:

I'm into grilled (without fat) cheese and tomato sammiches at the
moment. Or is that not what you meant?

MMmm, I really fancy one of those. Time for a midnight snack! I
hope no one on a diet is reading this.
I'm into peanut butter and jam (jelly) sarnies (sammiches).
If jelly is jam, what do you call the jelly you use in a trifle?

Alison I have been led to believe the American jelly doesn't translate
entirely to "jam". Rather it's like the apple jelly or qunice jelly that
your Mum used to make, which was sieved through muslin and so had no fruit
fibre left in it, but was of a jelly-like consistency, rather than jam-like.
I have no idea what they call jam - perhaps someone can enlighten us. What's
made of raspberries, sugar and water, and is spread on toast (seeds and
all)? Anyone?

Old April 11th 05, 08:05 AM
Mathew Kagis

"Alison" wrote:

I'm into grilled (without fat) cheese and tomato sammiches at the
moment. Or is that not what you meant?

MMmm, I really fancy one of those. Time for a midnight snack! I
hope no one on a diet is reading this.
I'm into peanut butter and jam (jelly) sarnies (sammiches).
If jelly is jam, what do you call the jelly you use in a trifle?

Alison I have been led to believe the American jelly doesn't translate
entirely to "jam". Rather it's like the apple jelly or qunice jelly that
your Mum used to make, which was sieved through muslin and so had no fruit
fibre left in it, but was of a jelly-like consistency, rather than

jam-like.
I have no idea what they call jam - perhaps someone can enlighten us.

What's
made of raspberries, sugar and water, and is spread on toast (seeds and
all)? Anyone?

Allison: From a Canadian perspective, you have it right. Jam uses the
whole fruit, seeds & all... With (of course) the exeption of stonefruits.
Jelly is strained.
--

Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old April 11th 05, 08:43 AM
Ashley

"Mathew Kagis" wrote in message

Allison: From a Canadian perspective, you have it right. Jam uses the
whole fruit, seeds & all... With (of course) the exeption of stonefruits.
Jelly is strained.

Actually, if we're talking apricots, I think you'll find that one or two of
the stones are frequently left in while the jam's bubbling away. IIRC, the
pectin in the stones helps the jam set, and pectin is added to some jams for
that precise reason.

The things you learned, being a child of the 60s, watching your Mum make jam
;-)

Old April 11th 05, 08:58 AM
John Doe

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote:

Can everyone here go 24 hours, starting, say, right now, without
making one personal comment about someone else (other than,
"That's a good-looking cat!" and the like).

Speaking of complaints. I have a complaint against authors who
post x-no-archive. In fact, usually, x-no-archive authors make
trouble or are covering their tracks for other similar reasons.
Anonymity is not the reason, since all you have to do is post
under a fake identity or go thru a service.

At some other time, if you have anything worthwhile to say, please
allow your posts to be archived. Many of us rely on the Usenet
archives.

Just asking.

--
http://www.slywy.com/

From: "Diane L. Schirf" delenn spammindspringnot.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Challenge
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:26:25 GMT

Old April 11th 05, 11:57 AM
Alison

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
ups.com...

I think we call that Jell-0 or gelatin, though, come to think of it,

bet it might be tasty to try blackberry jelly in a trifle.
I stole this recipe from Kraft foods website (I don't use

blueberries
as I'm very allergic, but it's very tasty with raspberries and
strawberries), and it's good (measurements are US):

Jell-O , Now , you've reminded me , I remember that term
I prefer strawberries to any other fruit filling and a dash of sherry
too!
Alison

How about a challenge????????? JHBennett Cat community 3 October 12th 10 03:42 PM
Trooper Challenge Help? Robin Cook Cat health & behaviour 36 November 17th 04 05:38 AM
[OT] Challenge! Yowie Cat anecdotes 172 July 9th 04 06:12 PM
How about a challenge???????? JHBennett Cat health & behaviour 20 July 30th 03 10:24 PM