Hilariously bizarre recipe cards

Old September 11th 03, 02:00 AM
lrulan

Default Hilariously bizarre recipe cards

oh my god, those descriptions are funny! Good site.
Jazz's mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

wrote in message
Someone on one of my email lists forwarded this link to her site, which
features photos of old (1974) recipe cards from Weight Watchers. The
recipes themselves are not pictured, just the image of the dishes (plus
props added to each, to make them look more "appetizing", I guess). These
are the weirdest, and in some cases, the grossest concoctions I've ever
seen. I think the weight-loss came from a complete loss of appetite!
The best thing about the site, though, are the comments made by the woman
who created the it.

Major BW!!

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html

(Note to TJ: This is definitely your brand of humor - don't miss it!)

ObCats: Some of the images have little ceramic cat figurines.

Joyce
--
To reply privately, take the X's out of my user ID.

Old September 11th 03, 03:11 AM
Yowie

wrote in message
Someone on one of my email lists forwarded this link to her site, which
features photos of old (1974) recipe cards from Weight Watchers. The
recipes themselves are not pictured, just the image of the dishes (plus
props added to each, to make them look more "appetizing", I guess). These
are the weirdest, and in some cases, the grossest concoctions I've ever
seen. I think the weight-loss came from a complete loss of appetite!
The best thing about the site, though, are the comments made by the woman
who created the it.

Major BW!!

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html

(Note to TJ: This is definitely your brand of humor - don't miss it!)

ObCats: Some of the images have little ceramic cat figurines.

Help! wheeze I'm splutter laughing cough so puff hard wheeze I'm
grack going snort to choke

Yowie

Old September 11th 03, 05:53 AM
Marina

wrote
Someone on one of my email lists forwarded this link to her site, which
features photos of old (1974) recipe cards from Weight Watchers. The
recipes themselves are not pictured, just the image of the dishes (plus
props added to each, to make them look more "appetizing", I guess). These
are the weirdest, and in some cases, the grossest concoctions I've ever
seen. I think the weight-loss came from a complete loss of appetite!
The best thing about the site, though, are the comments made by the woman
who created the it.

ROFLMAO!!! Oh, my goodness! The Mushroom Family! gasping for breath

--
Marina
Old September 11th 03, 09:19 AM

Marina wrote:

ROFLMAO!!! Oh, my goodness! The Mushroom Family! gasping for breath

Yes, I love the Mushroom Family!! Also, the salmon that's still trying
to spawn even after being pureed, the ceramic figurines gathering around
their "magic pond" ("What do they want??") and the Liver Bake - "enjoy it
with the ashes of a loved one..."

Joyce

Old September 11th 03, 11:51 PM
Brenda Watkins

wrote in message
Someone on one of my email lists forwarded this link to her site, which
features photos of old (1974) recipe cards from Weight Watchers. The
recipes themselves are not pictured, just the image of the dishes (plus
props added to each, to make them look more "appetizing", I guess). These
are the weirdest, and in some cases, the grossest concoctions I've ever
seen. I think the weight-loss came from a complete loss of appetite!
The best thing about the site, though, are the comments made by the woman
who created the it.

Major BW!!

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html

(Note to TJ: This is definitely your brand of humor - don't miss it!)

ObCats: Some of the images have little ceramic cat figurines.

Joyce
--
To reply privately, take the X's out of my user ID.

"fluffy mackerel pudding" for the next troll-b-q!
Brenda

Old September 14th 03, 08:26 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"jmcquown" had some very interesting things
to say about Hilariously bizarre recipe cards:

That's hiliarious! Thanks for posting the link. I've re-posted it over on
rec.food.cooking. It reminds me of some 1970's Southern Living cookbooks I
picked up at a second-hand book shop for about 75 cents each. they were
heavily in to gelatinous foods back then, although I can't recall Mom ever
making any. One of the most disguisting things I found was a recipe for
lime Jell-O with canned tuna in it. EWWWW.

You're right, that is sick. I like lime Jello, I like tuna, but that
combo sounds pretty revolting. Some foods just do NOT combine well,
IMO.

--
Seanette Blaylock
"You attribute perfect rationality to the whole of humanity, which has