OT attack on Swedish Foreign Minister

Old September 11th 03, 05:37 AM
Marina

"lewe" wrote
Our Foreign Minister was attacked and stabbed while shopping at a

department
store some 5 hrs ago, she has been in surgery for over 4 hrs since.
Some purrs for her pulling through - the killing of our Prime Minister

Olof
Palme in 1986 of course is in everyones mind. She and Palme both were

doing
normal, everyday things and not accompanied by any security while

attacked.
Sweden is still comparatively safe, if not as innocent in this respect

after
Palme's killing of course, but nowhere is completely sage these days ...
The campaigns for yes or no to the euro are now on hold until further
notice - we are having a popular referendum/vote on the euro this Sunday.

I heard about it on the news. Many purrs for her to pull through. I remember
the shock when Palme was shot. We had felt so safe here in our cushy nook of
the world until then.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old September 11th 03, 08:37 AM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

What an awful thing to happen! We are sending purrs that she recovers
completely.

It's just been announced on UK TV that the poor woman has died :-(

This is sad.

helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~
Old September 11th 03, 11:21 AM
Jeanette

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3097706.stm
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/eu...ing/index.html

--
lewe

That's horrific Lewe, I understand how things like this impact on everyone
in the country.

Jeanette

Old September 11th 03, 12:44 PM
Yowie

"lewe" wrote in message
[...]

Here's purring for you & your country's loss. The world has truly gone mad.

Yowie

Old September 11th 03, 01:27 PM
Christine Burel

I just read the news this morning, Lena. My sincere condolences for your
country's loss.
hugs,
Christine
"Christine Burel" wrote in message
Oh no, I haven't seen the news yet today -- many purrs and healing

thoughts
for her recovery and for your country during this stressful time.
Christine
"lewe" wrote in message
[...]

lewemi at yahoo dot se | cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old September 11th 03, 05:50 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

When we will learn that violence solves nothing? :-(

Many purrs that she recovers well and fully.

Ginger-lyn

Old September 11th 03, 10:48 PM
Yowie

"Bev" wrote:

Lena, So sorry about this murder of your Foreign Minister in such a
peaceful country. I know that your ministers mainly walk around
unprotected by body guards as they do here. I know our Foreign Minister
was very upset at her death as he knew and admired her.

The radio announcer who had to announce her death simply couldn't. It was
the first time I have ever heard a journalist from the ABC (Australian
National Broadcaster) crack up like that.

My ignorance of foreign politics is embarassing, but if an ABC broadcaster
finds her death worthy of shedding tears whilst on air, then surely her
passing must be a tragic loss not only to Sweden, but to the world at large.
She must have been one of those rare politicans who do good things because
thats the right thing to do rather than for her own glory, influence and
power.

I'm really sorry. We've lost lost another Good Guy and they seem to get
rarer every day.

Yowie

Old September 11th 03, 11:10 PM
Adrian

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
What an awful thing to happen! We are sending purrs that she
recovers completely.

It's just been announced on UK TV that the poor woman has died :-(

This is sad.

helen s

It is doubly sad that this should occur on September 11, I will light a
candle for the Swedish people and aslo all those who lost loved ones in the
WTC.
--
Adrian