This is a CAT group not a CHAT group

Old February 23rd 05, 08:01 PM
BuZZard

Default This is a CAT group not a CHAT group

wrote in message
| If you want to talk about your religion or your
politics, take it to an
| appropriate group. This group is for CATS not
CHAT. Marking a post "OT"
| or "Way OT", does not make it somehow OK. For
those of you who know
| better, handle it as you would a troll. Don't
respond to these idiots!

| In case you missed it, the charter for this
group is here!

ftp://ftp.isc.org/usenet/control/rec...ealth+behav.gz

| "This unmoderated group houses discussion
concerning the health
| and behavior of domestic cats. Appropriate
topics include the
| prevention and treatment of health problems and
diseases; the
| care of pregnant, young, and geriatric cats; cat
reproduction;
| heredity; first aid for cats; internal and
external parasites;
| normal and abnormal behaviors in cats;
techniques for changing
| unwanted behaviors; and theories concerning cat
health, behavior,
| and physical characteristics."
|
| My cats worship Bast! They pray to their food
dish every day. Sometimes
| they offer it a mouse. I really don't give a
damn what idol you pray to.

| Yes I know how to filter.
|
| PLONK!

Pussy.

Old February 23rd 05, 08:57 PM
Cathy Friedmann

wrote in message
[...]

Filter away, then. Or ignore & mark those threads as "Read".

"OT" threads happen now & again in all ngs I subscribe to, & although not
always, often the OT threads are enlightening (Vs. pure flaming). One can
learn something new, no matter if it's on or off topic. If not in the
concrete sense, then of how human nature works & who's apparently thinking
what out there in this wide & diverse world. IOW - can be an education in
itself.

Cathy

PLONK!

CL

Old February 23rd 05, 09:42 PM
Joe Canuck

Cathy Friedmann wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

Given that logic then... there should only be ONE newsgroup.

If one wants to read about and discuss topics other than cats then one
should subscribe to the appropriate newsgroups or use email.

Just my opinion, not meant to be taken personally or to offend anyone.

Cathy

PLONK!

CL

Old February 23rd 05, 09:48 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message
Cathy Friedmann wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

Nah... besides, can you imagine how many posts/day, per hour, per minute...
there would be, to wade & read though?!?

If one wants to read about and discuss topics other than cats then one
should subscribe to the appropriate newsgroups or use email.

If there were *no* - or virtually no - current threads that were on topic, &
everything appeared to be OT, I could see that there'd be more legitimacy to
the complaint at hand. But as it is, the OP says s/he knows how to filter,
and there are plenty of on topic threads, so (besides my previous viewpoint)
I don't really see the problem.

Just my opinion, not meant to be taken personally or to offend anyone.

Each to their own opinion, n'est-ce pas? :-)

Cathy

PLONK!

CL

Old February 23rd 05, 11:00 PM

So topics such as "my cat died...poor me...blah.blah.blah" is not
acceptable according to the charter? How about flame wars when someone
had their cat(s) declawed?

Old February 23rd 05, 11:09 PM
Mary

wrote in message
oups.com...
So topics such as "my cat died...poor me...blah.blah.blah" is not
acceptable according to the charter? How about flame wars when someone
had their cat(s) declawed?

Declawing is a definite health issue. And generally people who post here
because their cat died were here first because their cat was sick. Have
a heart. Have you ever had a cat that died? If so, you may recall that it
was hard to find people who understood your loss, unless they were cat
people.

Besides, death is a definite health issue too. Kind of like the epitome of
bad health, if you think about it.

Old February 23rd 05, 11:45 PM
Tammy

"Brandy Alexandre"
wrote in
message
news:1109200197.dd8de4580fd4fa948807423d96e871f7@t eranews...
| wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

| So topics such as "my cat died...poor
me...blah.blah.blah" is not
| acceptable according to the charter? How about
flame wars when
| someone had their cat(s) declawed?
|

| Anything about cats and their health and
behavior is pretty much on
| topic, including unpopular opinions. One should
worry more about those
| who troll and like trying to start flamewars
about declawing and passed
| cats. The charter says nothing about those who
post being of
| particularly sound mental health.

hmm? *scratches beak*.. I like that.. thanks.

--
BuZZard

Old February 23rd 05, 11:45 PM
Tammy

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1109200065.2b2cd316bc187b098e4311c9f635d29c@t eranews...

| wrote in message

oups.com...
| So topics such as "my cat died...poor
me...blah.blah.blah" is not
| acceptable according to the charter? How about
flame wars when someone
| had their cat(s) declawed?
|

| Declawing is a definite health issue. And
generally people who post here
| because their cat died were here first because
their cat was sick. Have
| a heart. Have you ever had a cat that died? If
so, you may recall that it
| was hard to find people who understood your
loss, unless they were cat
| people.
|
| Besides, death is a definite health issue too.
Kind of like the epitome of
| bad health, if you think about it.

The Big Bad Buzzard told her to 'get over it...
move on.. stop reading'.
I pointed out the obvious. Sorry for her loss..
but that hardly
calls for the group to pull out the bi-laws of
usenet.. to see if I
broke some kind of law.. net copping dip****s.
Ki$$mYaZZ

Old February 24th 05, 12:17 AM

[...]

Right on! couldn't agree with you more.

Old February 24th 05, 12:23 AM
David Mooney

If you want to talk about your religion or your politics, take it to an
appropriate group. This group is for CATS not CHAT. Marking a post "OT"
or "Way OT", does not make it somehow OK. For those of you who know
better, handle it as you would a troll. Don't respond to these idiots!

In case you missed it, the charter for this group is here!

ftp://ftp.isc.org/usenet/control/rec...ealth+behav.gz

"This unmoderated group houses discussion concerning the health
and behavior of domestic cats. Appropriate topics include the
prevention and treatment of health problems and diseases; the

David writes..
I agree about off topic posts. By the way, Chat is french for cats...

I have a cat who a few weeks ago sustained a slash behind the right ear. It
scratches the spot often enough where the wound, although not life
threatening, remains constant. It is a surface wound but I wonder if there
is a way to keep Kitty from scratching the spot? Thanks.