"Cat lovers" (LONG)

Old March 22nd 05, 09:45 PM
Mary

"Tanada" wrote in message
news
Lesley Madigan wrote:

My mother didn't like any small living things (I sometimes suspect
that category included children) my dad was a keen gardener and thus
loathed small felines. My SO's mum is an ailurophobe (Excuse
spelling).As a result, me and both my brothers have been owned by cats
(through one brother swears they're the wives and the other since his
job takes him all over the World left them with his ex-girlfriend but
visits regularly)

Perhap's we're all adopted too!

Lesley

The old man liked cats and d*gs, but was a product of his generation and
upbringing. I like to think that with a different time, therapy, and a
lot of conditioning, he'd have made a really good cat slave.

My mother and father were totally stupid over cats and dogs
and just about every little living thing, including us. These
outwardly reserved and elegant looking people made
utter idiots of themselves in the presence of cats, dogs,
and babies, cooing and ahhing, speaking strange languages,
etc. Like me, they did not do so well with people all of the time.

Old March 24th 05, 09:37 AM
hobbs

I was so lucky! Mum and Dad both liked animals so we ha a selection
over the years but always had a cat and a dog, I kept mice and my sisters
and I had a rabbit to share we also had a hedgehog for a while
Jean.P.
Tanada wrote in message
news
Lesley Madigan wrote:

My mother didn't like any small living things (I sometimes suspect
that category included children) my dad was a keen gardener and thus
loathed small felines. My SO's mum is an ailurophobe (Excuse
spelling).As a result, me and both my brothers have been owned by cats
(through one brother swears they're the wives and the other since his
job takes him all over the World left them with his ex-girlfriend but
visits regularly)

Perhap's we're all adopted too!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

How were your grand parents with small living things? It may have been
genetics, just passed a generation.

My idiot sister had a siamese mix named Bill after the cat in opus. The
only reason IS had her was because she was more scared of mice than
willing to do without a cat. I have concluded that I didn't get my cat
slave genes from my mother's side of the family (same mom, different
dads).

The old man liked cats and d*gs, but was a product of his generation and
upbringing. I like to think that with a different time, therapy, and a
lot of conditioning, he'd have made a really good cat slave.

Pam S.

Old March 24th 05, 10:17 AM
-L.

hobbs wrote:
I was so lucky! Mum and Dad both liked animals so we ha a selection
over the years but always had a cat and a dog, I kept mice and my

sisters
and I had a rabbit to share we also had a hedgehog for a while
Jean.P.

My Mom was a softie for anything in need. We always had a menagerie.
We acquired, over the years...

Quite a few dogs (mutts, a Dobie, a great Dane, a Weimereiner, a Golden
- all rescued); umpteen cats; a raccoon; a duck, a thrush, a dove, a
parakeet, a rabbit, 6 or 7 mice, gerbils, hampsters, a guinea pig, a
snake, turtles, crayfish, crabs, a clam, tadpoles, frogs, toads,
lizards (a couple varieties), fish, seahorses, sea monkeys, and a pet
land snail. It was great as a kid - I lived with Doctor Doolittle.

That's probably why I have 7 companion animals now - including snakes
and a turtle.

-L.

T&H Update - Long LOL Cat anecdotes 30 August 15th 04 09:52 AM
We're back from Purrth (long) badwilson Cat anecdotes 24 July 20th 04 04:09 PM
About Bandit - long CatNipped Cat anecdotes 42 July 18th 04 07:34 AM
I attempt to make a cat tree...LONG Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 14 April 16th 04 02:32 AM
Gem the Gray Kitten (long) Annie Benson-Lennaman Cat anecdotes 21 August 25th 03 01:02 AM