I'll probably be more than unpopular

Old January 8th 12, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I'll probably be more than unpopular

For expressing this. But if previous members only announce the death of
their cat that we previously knew and loved for ages on rpca only on
Facebook, then I am afraid the candle I lit for Pearl today will be the last
that is not reported by the owner in rpca.
Facebook will be the death of this group. And I will not be on it, ever.

Tweed

Old January 8th 12, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
For expressing this. But if previous members only announce the death of
their cat that we previously knew and loved for ages on rpca only on
Facebook, then I am afraid the candle I lit for Pearl today will be the last
that is not reported by the owner in rpca.
Facebook will be the death of this group. And I will not be on it, ever.

Tweed

I think that's cutting off your nose to spite your face, there are over
100 people on Facebook that used to post here but don't any more.

--
Adrian
Old January 8th 12, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Christina Websell wrote:
For expressing this. But if previous members only announce
the death of their cat that we previously knew and loved for
ages on rpca only on Facebook, then I am afraid the candle I
lit for Pearl today will be the last that is not reported by
the owner in rpca.
Facebook will be the death of this group. And I will not be
on it, ever.

Tweed

I think that's cutting off your nose to spite your face, there
are over 100 people on Facebook that used to post here but
don't any more.

In defence of Tweed's decision, it is as advised by her previous
employers, for reasons of personal safety.

--
MatSav

Old January 8th 12, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"MatSav" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Christina Websell wrote:
For expressing this. But if previous members only announce
the death of their cat that we previously knew and loved for
ages on rpca only on Facebook, then I am afraid the candle I
lit for Pearl today will be the last that is not reported by
the owner in rpca.
Facebook will be the death of this group. And I will not be
on it, ever.

Tweed

I think that's cutting off your nose to spite your face, there
are over 100 people on Facebook that used to post here but
don't any more.

In defence of Tweed's decision, it is as advised by her previous
employers, for reasons of personal safety.

in that respect I can't see how Facebook differs from Usenet, if anything
it's safer if you set it up properly. Everything posted on Usenet can be
searched forever.
--
Adrian
Old January 8th 12, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Christina Websell wrote:
For expressing this. But if previous members only announce the death of
their cat that we previously knew and loved for ages on rpca only on
Facebook, then I am afraid the candle I lit for Pearl today will be the
last that is not reported by the owner in rpca.
Facebook will be the death of this group. And I will not be on it, ever.

I think that's cutting off your nose to spite your face,

I disagree. If previous rpca members want candles or purrs, they they
should post here. The group will die if they don't.

there are over 100 people on Facebook that used to post here but don't any
more.

Exactly. And it's enabled by people that post to here from Facebook to get
candles and wishes.
Let them come back here if they want them, is what I say.

Tweed

Old January 8th 12, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
"MatSav" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Except that no-one seems to see how Facebook is destroying this group.
Adrian, you never posted here about Shadow's illness and I had no clue about
it.,I guess you did it all on
Facebook and that is not fair.
I loved that boy, he was like Boyfie, gettting a good home after being
feral, and then you throw his death into rspca.
I cannot tell you how much I was shocked.
I wept.

Tweed

Old January 8th 12, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...

I disagree. If previous rpca members want candles or purrs, they they
should post here. The group will die if they don't.

Exactly. And it's enabled by people that post to here from Facebook to get
candles and wishes.
Let them come back here if they want them, is what I say.

Tweed

Usenet is already dying, many people don't even have access these days and
many prefer Facebook anyway. I don't know how you can criticise something
you've never tried.
--
Adrian
Old January 8th 12, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

Except that no-one seems to see how Facebook is destroying this group.
Adrian, you never posted here about Shadow's illness and I had no clue about
it.,I guess you did it all on
Facebook and that is not fair.
I loved that boy, he was like Boyfie, gettting a good home after being
feral, and then you throw his death into rspca.
I cannot tell you how much I was shocked.
I wept.

Tweed

I didn't post anywhere about his illness, he went downhill so quickly I was
in shock. I miss him so much. It's not Facebook that's destroying the
group, a lot of the blame rests with ISPs who are dropping Usenet from
their service and not everyone knows how use an alternative.
--
Adrian
Old January 8th 12, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J J Levin

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

Except that no-one seems to see how Facebook is destroying this group.
Adrian, you never posted here about Shadow's illness and I had no clue
about
it.,I guess you did it all on
Facebook and that is not fair.
I loved that boy, he was like Boyfie, gettting a good home after being
feral, and then you throw his death into rspca.
I cannot tell you how much I was shocked.
I wept.

Tweed

I didn't post anywhere about his illness, he went downhill so quickly I
was
in shock. I miss him so much. It's not Facebook that's destroying the
group, a lot of the blame rests with ISPs who are dropping Usenet from
their service and not everyone knows how use an alternative.
--
Adrian

I post on a couple of Usenet groups, and I must agree with the finding that
Usenet is fading away in favor of the social networks such as Facebook and
others. If it were not for Facebook, I would not be aware of half of what my
own family is doing.

Does this group exist on Facebook? Can one "friend" it ?

Jay

Old January 8th 12, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message

Except that no-one seems to see how Facebook is destroying this group.
Adrian, you never posted here about Shadow's illness and I had no clue
about
it.,I guess you did it all on
Facebook and that is not fair.
I loved that boy, he was like Boyfie, gettting a good home after being
feral, and then you throw his death into rspca.
I cannot tell you how much I was shocked.
I wept.

Tweed

I didn't post anywhere about his illness, he went downhill so quickly I
was
in shock. I miss him so much. It's not Facebook that's destroying the
group, a lot of the blame rests with ISPs who are dropping Usenet from
their service and not everyone knows how use an alternative.
--

My ISP dropped Usenet ages ago AFAIK no GB ISPs carry it now. That's the
beauty of the Germans ;-)