Here in this house

Old March 25th 09, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

Default Here in this house

Substitute cat for dog and it's OT. I still thought it was good enough
to share with you guys. It was in my inbox today.

HERE IN THIS HOUSE (author unknown)

Here in this house... I will never know the loneliness I hear in the barks
of the other dogs 'out there'. I can sleep soundly, assured that when I wake
my world will not have changed. I will never know hunger, or the fear of not
knowing whether I'll eat. I will not shiver in the cold, or grow weary from
the heat. I will feel the sun's heat, and the rain's coolness, and be
allowed to smell all that can reach my nose. My fur will shine, and never be
dirty or matted.

Here in this house... There will be an effort to communicate with me
on my level. I will be talked to and, even if I don't understand, I
can enjoy the warmth of the words. I will be given a name so that I
may know who I am among many. My name will be used in joy, and I will
love the sound of it!

Here in this house... I will never be a substitute for anything I am
not. I will never be used to improve peoples' images of themselves.
I will be loved because I am who I am, not someone's idea of who I
should be. I will never suffer for someone's anger, impatience, or
stupidity. I will be taught all the things I need to know to be loved
by all. If I do not learn my lessons well, they will look to my
teacher for blame.

Here in this house... I can trust arms that hold, hands that touch...
knowing that, no matter what they do, they do it for the good of me.
If I am ill, I will be doctored. If scared, I will be calmed. If sad,
I will be cheered. No matter what I look like, I will be considered
beautiful and known to be of value. I will never be cast out because
I am too old, too ill, too unruly, or not cute enough. My life is a
responsibility, and not an afterthought. I will learn that humans can
almost, sometimes, be as kind and as fair as dogs.

Here in this house... I will belong. I will be home.

--
Cheryl

Old March 25th 09, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Yes, that was wonderful, Cheryl, thank you Kyla
"Granby"
Wonderful, thank you.
"Cheryl" Substitute cat for dog and it's OT. I still thought it

Old March 25th 09, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Substitute cat for dog and it's OT. I still thought it was good
enough to share with you guys. It was in my inbox today.

HERE IN THIS HOUSE (author unknown)

It's certainly a tear-jerker. I'd like to think my cats get this from me.

Tweed

Old March 26th 09, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:46:08 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Substitute cat for dog and it's OT. I still thought it was good
enough to share with you guys. It was in my inbox today.

HERE IN THIS HOUSE (author unknown)

It's certainly a tear-jerker. I'd like to think my cats get this from me.

Tweed

Yes, I had some trouble reading the end of it; must have been a
temporary monitor malfunction

Wonderful writing; most likely from somebody who has had some experience
with dog rescue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old March 29th 09, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Cheryl wrote:
Substitute cat for dog and it's OT. I still thought it was good
enough to share with you guys. It was in my inbox today.

HERE IN THIS HOUSE (author unknown)

Here in this house... I will never know the loneliness I hear in the barks
of the other dogs 'out there'. I can sleep soundly, assured that when I
wake
my world will not have changed. snip

Beautiful and so true!
Best wishes,