Sammy at the groomer again

Old February 28th 14, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Sammy at the groomer again

Try as I might, I just can't keep the mats off of this guy. He is a
full-time job! To make it worse, he sometimes lays with his face
practically in the water bowl and his neck gets wet, which ends up
matting.

So I took him to the groomer again today, and this time he had enough
poop stuck to his bottom that they gave him a bath. Part of the reason
for the bath was also for very dry skin, he had serious dandruff which
also causes matting.

The only thing I didn't know is that they put cats in a cage dryer that
takes HOURS to dry, so I had to leave him. He's home now and has eaten
dinner, but Scarlett is hissing at him like he's a new cat. I know
she'll get over it, and besides, he looks and smells so great.

Long haired cats are a lot of work!

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old February 28th 14, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...

Long haired cats are a lot of work!

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl

~~~~~~~~
He's teaching you to be a better cat slave! ;o)

MaryL

Old February 28th 14, 12:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 2/28/2014 12:44 AM, MaryL wrote:

"Cheryl" wrote in message
eb.com...

Long haired cats are a lot of work!

Sometimes I don't feel up to the task. But he's so loveable. They just
love him at the groomers. Say he stays still, though he didn't want to
be blow dried, so that's why the cage drying.

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old February 28th 14, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 2/28/2014 1:24 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article om,
Cheryl wrote:
Try as I might, I just can't keep the mats off of this guy. He is a
full-time job! To make it worse, he sometimes lays with his face
practically in the water bowl and his neck gets wet, which ends up
matting.

So I took him to the groomer again today, and this time he had enough
poop stuck to his bottom that they gave him a bath. Part of the reason
for the bath was also for very dry skin, he had serious dandruff which
also causes matting.

The only thing I didn't know is that they put cats in a cage dryer that
takes HOURS to dry, so I had to leave him. He's home now and has eaten
dinner, but Scarlett is hissing at him like he's a new cat. I know
she'll get over it, and besides, he looks and smells so great.

Long haired cats are a lot of work!

They certainly are.

Having had two long haired cats previously, I can't believe how easy it is
with a short haired one. So far no mats (I don't like to tempt fate) and
no hairballs to step into.

Judith

Up until the two I have now, I had only shorthairs. You're right - no
mats, and very few hairballs.

Waffles is sort of medium hair, and he doesn't get mats. Pickles used
to get them on her underside, and about once a hear I'd have to get her
shaved. However, it's been well over a year since her last grooming,
and she hasn't developed mats again. I wonder if it has anything to do
with the fact that she now demands tummy-rubs several times a day.
That's where the mats were. She never used to let me see her in such a
vulnerable position, but she's become amazingly trusting. I've actually
been able to step over her when she's on her back, which never would
have happened before.

Joy

Old March 1st 14, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Cheryl wrote:
[...]

She's leaned she can totally trust you. Also maybe the mats made her sore
underneath and now they've gone it's no longer sore.

Judith

It's mostly the trust thing. I had her groomed three times before she
reached this point. Each time she went several months before the fur
started matting up again. It really touches me to see how trusting she
is now. For the first two or three years, she'd jump up and run away if
I took a step toward her while she was lying on the floor.

Joy
Old March 2nd 14, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 15:38:34 -0800, Joy wrote:
Up until the two I have now, I had only shorthairs. You're right - no
mats, and very few hairballs.

Waffles is sort of medium hair, and he doesn't get mats. Pickles used
to get them on her underside, and about once a hear I'd have to get her
shaved. However, it's been well over a year since her last grooming,
and she hasn't developed mats again. I wonder if it has anything to do
with the fact that she now demands tummy-rubs several times a day.
That's where the mats were. She never used to let me see her in such a
vulnerable position, but she's become amazingly trusting. I've actually
been able to step over her when she's on her back, which never would
have happened before.

I love the image of Pickles getting tummy rubs! The amazing thing is that
she hasn't been developing mats, considering how extremely floofy she is.
Old March 3rd 14, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 3/2/2014 10:10 AM, Takayuki wrote:
[...]

Yes, it is. I can't help thinking it has something to do with the tummy
rubs. She has never let me brush her, but since she loves the tummy
rubs, maybe she grooms her tummy more or something. Anyway, I'm glad of
it. I have to admit I think she looks cuter when she's been clipped,
but I would never do it just for that reason. If she's comfortable,
that's all that matters.

Joy

Mobile cat groomer Joy Cat anecdotes 19 April 18th 11 05:19 AM
Sammy-in-the-box! CatNipped Cat anecdotes 4 March 18th 05 06:37 PM
BIG Sammy CatNipped Cat anecdotes 98 August 29th 04 07:15 PM
BIG Sammy CatNipped Cat anecdotes 2 August 27th 04 06:10 PM
Breathing Problem After Taking him to groomer Janet Perez Cat health & behaviour 6 May 9th 04 11:08 PM