I now hate southern hemisphere!

Old December 16th 03, 12:35 AM
Brad Snow

Default I now hate southern hemisphere!

Hardly past Tgiving, and Boston just had it's second Noreaster! Snow
and ice all over the place. "They" say maybe a third one coming, but
hoping for rain first. Had rain after the first one, or we'd still be
shoveling. To get this a bit on topic, Bert looks out, even makes me
open the door, but mostly looks up at me, as in "you nuts?", and racks
out again. Not enough to have gifts to buy; now I have a skyrocketing
litter expense! At least his little victims must be underground.

So anyone who happens to be enjoying a Kiwi cocktail in balmy sunshine
should take pity. On the Berts, if not we people
Old December 16th 03, 12:58 AM
Gizela

Trust me....its not that great....when Gizmo moans at me because its too
hot....."but meowmie, can't you make it cooler....for me....if you loved
me....".
When its so hot the temp in my fish tank gets too high and needs ice packs
in there to get it to a normal temp!!!

Purrs

Angela

PS I love snow by the way....I'd rather it any day to the horrible heat we
get here!!!

Old December 16th 03, 02:03 AM
Sherry

Hardly past Tgiving, and Boston just had it's second Noreaster! Snow
and ice all over the place. "They" say maybe a third one coming, but
hoping for rain first. Had rain after the first one, or we'd still be
shoveling. To get this a bit on topic, Bert looks out, even makes me
open the door, but mostly looks up at me, as in "you nuts?", and racks
out again. Not enough to have gifts to buy; now I have a skyrocketing
litter expense! At least his little victims must be underground.

So anyone who happens to be enjoying a Kiwi cocktail in balmy sunshine
should take pity. On the Berts, if not we people

I don't have a clue what kind of weather we're having. All I know is I froze my
b*tt off two days ago, and today it's warm and so windy the sky is pink from
the dust being carried in from western OK (Steve, I think I have part of your
yard...) Usually warm & windy is a bad sign for us. It means we're about to get
slammed by a cold front.

Sherry
Old December 16th 03, 02:17 AM
Cheryl

Sherry wrote in on 15
Dec 2003:

Usually warm & windy is a bad sign for us. It means we're about to get
slammed by a cold front.

Our weather pattern has been strange. The past two weekends with snow, and
we don't usually get measurable snow until late Jan, into Feb. Well, until
last year that is. All I ever seem to hear on the forcasts lately is snow,
followed by clearing, cold and windy. lol The wind is the worst!

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller
Old December 16th 03, 04:05 PM
Bob M

Brad Snow wrote:

Hardly past Tgiving, and Boston just had it's second Noreaster! Snow
and ice all over the place. "They" say maybe a third one coming, but
hoping for rain first. Had rain after the first one, or we'd still be
shoveling. To get this a bit on topic, Bert looks out, even makes me
open the door, but mostly looks up at me, as in "you nuts?", and racks
out again. Not enough to have gifts to buy; now I have a skyrocketing
litter expense! At least his little victims must be underground.

So anyone who happens to be enjoying a Kiwi cocktail in balmy sunshine
should take pity. On the Berts, if not we people

Send some snow down here to Texas. I HATE warm weather!

Bob
Old December 16th 03, 04:08 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

I'd be happy to send you some snow, but it rained last night and it's all
melted now.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old December 16th 03, 05:09 PM
Annie Wxill

"Brad Snow" wrote in message
.... So anyone who happens to be enjoying a Kiwi cocktail in balmy sunshine
should take pity. On the Berts, if not we people

Greetings from south Texas (U.S.A.). We were complaining the other day
because we had to wear jeans instead of shorts with our T-shirts when we
went boating.
It's colder and blustery today, but plenty sunny, so I'll see if I can catch
some rays and send them your way.
Annie

Old December 19th 03, 04:15 AM
Bev

Annie Wxill wrote:

"Brad Snow" wrote in message
... So anyone who happens to be enjoying a Kiwi cocktail in balmy sunshine
should take pity. On the Berts, if not we people

Greetings from south Texas (U.S.A.). We were complaining the other day
because we had to wear jeans instead of shorts with our T-shirts when we
went boating.
It's colder and blustery today, but plenty sunny, so I'll see if I can catch
some rays and send them your way.
Annie

Great weather here Brad, endless sunshine, sunburn, swimming.
Cats stretched out on cool lino, and temperatures aroundd 26c to-day.
Roses are just finishing and the garden is full of Monarch butterflies.
Soon everyone will be off to the beach for the holidays which last
through January. Usually Xmas day is a scorcher Have a great Xmas.

Bev
--
If you can step on 9 daisies all at once it's Springtime.
Old December 21st 03, 07:38 AM
Hopitus2

We have had sustained colder weather here in south FL for more than a couple
days now!
The Evil 3 are meatloafing up against me at night and it sure feels good to
have them purring and generating heat with the outside temps flirting with
wind-chill factor of low 30's.
Okay, laugh, friends in the northern climes. That would be not too bad in
Denver, would it?
But out in the western 'burbs (where they developed near the 'glades) it's
closer to low 20's.
I live fairly near the beach, remember, it's warmer here than farther
inland. Reverse cycle a/c and space heater on....brrrrrr. But it *is* fun to
dig out the sweaters, so rarely worn, and get all snuggy with fuzzy socks.
For a limited time.

"CATherine" wrote in message
: On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:15:27 +1300, Bev wrote:
:
: Annie Wxill wrote:
:
: "Brad Snow" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: I am so used to snow at Christmas I can't imagine it being hot. But I
: would love to see the butterflies. I didn't know you had Monarchs
: there. i didn't realize they migrated that far. We don't see them very
: often here on the plains. But we do have a lot of giant Tiger
: Swallowtails.
:
: CATherine