Add new sleeping behavior...

Old March 29th 04, 07:51 AM
Jason

Default Add new sleeping behavior...

One of two cats has just started this odd sleeping behavior recently.

From time to time, he would hop onto the foot of my bed when I went to sleep
and take a nap himself. He would sleep there for a few hours and then go
run around (noisily) the house for what seemed like the rest of the night.

Now, he hops into my bed practically every night. Doesn't bother me or my
fiance, of course, but the way he has started laying down has become quite
odd. He sleeps on his back, with his front legs stretched as far forward as
he can get them and his rear legs stretched as far down as possible. It
makes for one very long looking cat!

He is perfectly healthy and there doesn't appear to be any reason for his
new sleeping posture (other than, I guess, his preference for comfort). He
purrs loudly while doing this too. Quite funny looking to see a cat that
likes to stretch out like this!

Old March 29th 04, 11:29 AM
~*Connie*~

any cat that will show you his belly is very content and trusts you
completely. Take it as a complement.

(either that or it is a tease to play, but they aren't usually sleeping at
that point)
"Jason" wrote in message
One of two cats has just started this odd sleeping behavior recently.

From time to time, he would hop onto the foot of my bed when I went to

sleep

Old March 29th 04, 09:00 PM
:-\)Liz

Several of my kitties do this especially the LH ones...and almost nightly in
the summer when it get HOT...:-) Liz

"Jason" wrote in message
One of two cats has just started this odd sleeping behavior recently.

From time to time, he would hop onto the foot of my bed when I went to

sleep

Old March 31st 04, 03:10 AM
Cheryl

"Jason" dumped this in
on 29 Mar 2004:

Now, he hops into my bed practically every night. Doesn't bother me
or my fiance, of course, but the way he has started laying down has
become quite odd. He sleeps on his back, with his front legs
stretched as far forward as he can get them and his rear legs
stretched as far down as possible. It makes for one very long looking
cat!

Sounds very cute! My cats tend to change their sleeping behavior at times,
too. For example, Shamrock (~3 years old) lately has been curling up
between my arms and my body. I find him this way when I sleep on my side
with hands under my head under the pillow ... and then try to roll over.

--
Cheryl