CAT FACT OF THE DAY:

Old October 16th 12, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default CAT FACT OF THE DAY:

CAT FACT OF THE DAY:

Ever wonder why your cat makes such a mess, tipping over it's water bowl or
splashing water everywhere, or taking food out of the bowl to be eaten? Here's
the answer.(I did not know this, very interesting!)

Most cats do not like to eat or drink out of bowls if the sides touch their
whiskers. Also, if a bowl is too deep, the cat may take the food out for
convenience. A wider, shallower bowl will probably eliminate this behavior.

Old October 16th 12, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...
CAT FACT OF THE DAY:

Ever wonder why your cat makes such a mess, tipping over it's water bowl
or splashing water everywhere, or taking food out of the bowl to be eaten?
Here's the answer.(I did not know this, very interesting!)

Most cats do not like to eat or drink out of bowls if the sides touch
their whiskers. Also, if a bowl is too deep, the cat may take the food out
for convenience. A wider, shallower bowl will probably eliminate this
behavior.

That is interesting.

I've wondered about something else, too. They're on IAMS Weight Control.
For treats, I give them a few special cat treats, but I also give them
Friskies. I scatter the treats on the floor, and they scarf them up.
However, when they knock food out of their bowls, they let it lie. They
will eat the food out of the bowl, but not off the floor. I wonder why that
is?

Joy

Old October 17th 12, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

joy asked-

I wonder why that is?

Because they are cats'

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old October 17th 12, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
joy asked-

I wonder why that is?

Because they are cats'

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I did not have the heart to tell her Lol ;-)

Old October 17th 12, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
joy asked-

I wonder why that is?