Why I like animals best

Old May 14th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Why I like animals best

I just heard on NPR radio that they arrested a man in Florida for throwing a
bottle of gas or something and starting a fire in a dry field. Someone like
this, well I can't imagine what should be done to him. The homes, the live,
the animals he has hurt. If one person comes on here and says that this is
an illness and we shouldn't judge, I will.....implode or something.

Old May 14th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Granby wrote:
I just heard on NPR radio that they arrested a man in Florida for
throwing a bottle of gas or something and starting a fire in a dry
field. Someone like this, well I can't imagine what should be done
to him. The homes, the live, the animals he has hurt. If one person
comes on here and says that this is an illness and we shouldn't
judge, I will.....implode or something.

This sort of thing is why Matthew (and others) are having problems with loss
of property (hopefully still not loss of life) in Florida. They shouldn't
have wildfires in Florida, I don't care how dry the conditions are.

Just another idiot one notch down on the food chain. No regard for life or
property. I'm not gonna say this is an illness. I say serve him up to the
alligators in the Everglades. In pieces. Grrrrr.

Jill

Old May 14th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Granby wrote:
I just heard on NPR radio that they arrested a man in Florida for throwing a
bottle of gas or something and starting a fire in a dry field. Someone like
this, well I can't imagine what should be done to him. The homes, the live,
the animals he has hurt. If one person comes on here and says that this is
an illness and we shouldn't judge, I will.....implode or something.

Well, it probably IS an "illness" (what normal person does such things?)
but that doesn't mean he/she shouldn't be locked up! (The difference
is, the locking up should include psychiatric treatment, so the same
thing doesn't happen again when the sentence runs out and the culprit is
released back into society!)
Old May 14th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Wed, 14 May 2008 14:10:12 -0500, Granby wrote:

I just heard on NPR radio that they arrested a man in Florida for throwing a
bottle of gas or something and starting a fire in a dry field. Someone like
this, well I can't imagine what should be done to him. The homes, the live,
the animals he has hurt. If one person comes on here and says that this is
an illness and we shouldn't judge, I will.....implode or something.

I believe the proper way to deal with the idiot would be to dispense 200
grains or thereabouts of lead (perhaps jacketed hollow-point) at high
speed.

This person, if truly guilty, has committed at least many dozens of counts
of attempted murder. If anyone dies, murder. Sorry, no sympathy from me
for the person who would commit such an act.
Old May 14th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Granby wrote:
I just heard on NPR radio that they arrested a man in Florida for
throwing a bottle of gas or something and starting a fire in a dry
field. Someone like this, well I can't imagine what should be done
to him. The homes, the live, the animals he has hurt. If one
person comes on here and says that this is an illness and we
shouldn't judge, I will.....implode or something.

Well, it probably IS an "illness" (what normal person does such
things?) but that doesn't mean he/she shouldn't be locked up! (The
difference is, the locking up should include psychiatric treatment,
so the same thing doesn't happen again when the sentence runs out and
the culprit is released back into society!)

As you probably have read in the past, setting fires is often the sign of a
sociopath. These people don't feel what we feel. They cannot be redeemed
by psychiatric treatment. They become skilled at acting "normal". When
they are released they go on to do it again. Firestarters aren't like kids
tossing a cherry bomb to watch it explode and then go "oops, we set a fire".

What to do? Honestly, I don't know. But conventional psychiatric treatment
doesn't seem to help these types. The usually escalate.

Jill

Old May 14th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Granby wrote:
[...]

Florida does have fire problems from time to time from lightening strikes.

One of those would improve the person or persons who are starting the
fires.

Jo

Old May 14th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I agree, although maybe the alligators have better taste than we think. No,
it isn't funny and I hope that justice, although I can't imagine what it
would be, will be done.

Old May 14th 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

That is just so sick and wrong. I hope the suspect gets a harsh sentence..
Wish I could be on the jury for that one.
PUUUUUUUUUURS and prayers are sent for the victims.
Hug
Kyla

Old May 14th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

"kilikini" ...
Daniel Mahoney wrote:
On Wed, 14 May 2008 14:10:12 -0500, Granby wrote:

I just heard on NPR radio that they arrested a man in Florida for
throwing a bottle of gas or something and starting a fire in a dry
field. Someone like this, well I can't imagine what should be done
to him. The homes, the live, the animals he has hurt. If one
person comes on here and says that this is an illness and we
shouldn't judge, I will.....implode or something.

I believe the proper way to deal with the idiot would be to dispense
200 grains or thereabouts of lead (perhaps jacketed hollow-point) at
high speed.

This person, if truly guilty, has committed at least many dozens of
counts of attempted murder. If anyone dies, murder. Sorry, no
sympathy from me for the person who would commit such an act.

I agree with you, Daniel.

kili

Same here...
Hug
Kyla

Old May 14th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

jmcquown wrote:
Granby wrote:
I just heard on NPR radio that they arrested a man in Florida for
throwing a bottle of gas or something and starting a fire in a dry
field. Someone like this, well I can't imagine what should be done
to him. The homes, the live, the animals he has hurt. If one person
comes on here and says that this is an illness and we shouldn't
judge, I will.....implode or something.

This sort of thing is why Matthew (and others) are having problems
with loss of property (hopefully still not loss of life) in Florida.
They shouldn't have wildfires in Florida, I don't care how dry the
conditions are.

Just another idiot one notch down on the food chain. No regard for
life or property. I'm not gonna say this is an illness. I say serve
him up to the alligators in the Everglades. In pieces. Grrrrr.

The word for not caring about about anyone but themselves and lacking any
empathy for others is 'sociopathy'. Two year olds display sociopathy, they
are the centre of the universe and the universe is there to serve them. By
3, they are aware that others have different thoughts, feelings and needs.
By around 4, empathy has developed and kids don't want others to be sad or
hurt because they know what its ike to be sad or hurt themselvses. Teenagers
somewhat revert for a while, but sociopaths never get that basic idea. It
would never occur to a sociopath that the reason lighting fires is wrong is
that many people and animals suffer - the only reason they would udnerstand
is that if they are caught, they'll go to jail. Unfortunatley, thas part of
the thrill. The other people losing their homes, livlihoods and even their
lives is simply 'collateral damage'.

I lived iwth a sociopath for 10 years. Sociopaths are incapable of
acknowledging let alone respecting the needs and wants of other people.

Yowie