My SO, SO, SO Sweet Girl!

Old August 19th 09, 05:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

Default My SO, SO, SO Sweet Girl!

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
(snip)
This reminds me of the time I was in the shower and Dh came in to complain
me about something that had just happened to him (can't remember what it
was). He says that the only time I laugh it's when something happens to
him. You know the kind of thing, he falls down or falls off a chair (not
if he's hurt but he does this sort of thing in such a funny way, yes I
know I'm horrible). Anyway I started to laugh in the kind of way that I
could hardly stand. This panicked Sweep, who was as usual in the bathroom
with me, and she jumped in the shower with me to help. This made me laugh
even more and I was hanging off the wall at this point but Sweep was
getting quite worried so I had to force myself to stop. (I did say that I
rarely laugh so she wasn't used to it.) She was drenched and as she hated
water, she must have loved me to come into the shower like that.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

He came to complain to you while you were in the shower? Is nothing sacred?
I think that's pretty funny in itself.

But soaking wet Sweep, well, that's something altogether else. Love and
loyalty and concern, enough to overcome her natural fear and aversion.

How's the cat hunting going?
Karla
Karla

Old August 19th 09, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"CatEyes" wrote in message
Every once in a while I feel the need for a good cry - it just lets out
some of the pain that I keep holding onto so tightly inside. Yesterday it
took just a little thing to set it off - Ben was on his computer looking
at movie times since we were considering going to a movie, and, without
letting my know it he went into his bedroom, started reading a book, and
fell asleep. I know - major crime, right? I know I've been difficult to
live with lately, heck *I* don't like living with me. But it just seems
to me that he is always finding ways to be away from me when we're both
home.

So I started crying, and it got to the sobbing stage and I didn't want to
wake Ben up and start a fight, so I went downstairs and got into the
shower, turned the water on high and hot and just sobbed my heart out.
After a few minutes though, I started hearing a questioning-like "meow"?
Then "Meow?, MEOW?, MEOW?". My poor little Sammy was sitting right
outside of my shower meowing her little head off. She had her nose
pressed up against the clear plastic shower curtain, but because of the
steam she couldn't see inside. I opened the shower curtain a bit and
stuck my hand out towards her and she licked my fingers and said another
"Meow"? My poor baby was so worried about me that she stayed right
outside the shower meowing until I turned it off and got out.

How sweet is that??!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

That just blows me away, a bit of life, a bit of spirit, and a whole lot of
soul encased in fur and all about concern for you. Very special.
Karla
The shower is my place to cry too, also I scream there.

Old August 19th 09, 02:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , MLB
wrote:
CatEyes wrote:
[...]

Oh my, that is love and loyalty - Sammy would only stick her nose in, not
her whole body!!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Judith

Old August 19th 09, 02:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

"Karla" wrote in message

"CatEyes" wrote in message
[...]

I know, this just blew me away - it shows that animals can know love and
concern just as we do.

The shower is my place to cry too, also I scream there.

I sing there, which sounds like screaming! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 20th 09, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Karla
wrote:

[...]

I'm hoping to look at the weekend. I was going to over our weeks holiday
last week but with having a new boiler fitted, mounting the outside unit
of the air-con on the wall, chopping a tree down, seeing FIL and doing my
Mom's shopping and taking fish and chips (she'd been fancying them for a
few weeks) we just didn't have time. So I'll try again for this weekend.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Good luck to you! I hope you will find the cat that you need, the cat that
needs you.
Karla