Louie Purrs?

Old September 9th 09, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Default Louie Purrs?

My husband has gotten his second write up in six months for snapping
off on a co-worker. He's worn to loose ends and looking for brighter
prospects; now he's freaking because he thinks they will can him for
sure, and no one will take him for being let go from misconduct. Not
to mention what the state unemployment office would say--like, no
money for you pal! End of house. No more cats. I'm in a panic atthis
moment. Please spare him a few--to hold on to what he has for the
momnet, to find better as he looks, and to keep his nerves together.
He just called and lashed out at me, having accused me of putting
something on the floor to deliberately rip his pants. It is all my
fault you see, because I can't drive and need Louie to shlep me
around. No licence for people on seizure pills. Right now I'm worried
for the innocent cats. i will die before I give them up, the
responsibility was given to me and I must do right by them.

Blessed be,
Baha
Old September 9th 09, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for both of you, and the cats.

--
Joy

Quit worrying about your health. It'll go away.

Old September 9th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"BfloPolska"
[...]

I am SO sorry you are going through all this. Purrs for both of you for
things to get sorted out, for you to be healed of your ailments, and for
his attitude in blaming it on you. and for him to appreciate the job he has
and not snapping at other co-workers. Jobs, as you know, are so hard to
find, He's being horrid to you, and with the job market the way it is, he
has to be careful to keep his present job. You're worrying yourself sick
and IMO, you are one of the nicest, most giving people. You have been
through so much. Panic is no fun at all, it's downright scary.
But I dont blame you. I wish I could help you somehow.
You are welcome to e-mail me if you'd like to talk.
Bless your heart. Everything will work out...somehow.
Kyla

Old September 9th 09, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris H[_2_]

Purrs for you, Louie, and the fur kids! I hope things settle
down somehow for you!

Chris, Katie, Hazard and Oreo
(In loving memory of Tripper)

Old September 10th 09, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

[...]

Purrs for Louie, and for you too.

I know a bit how you feel. When Charlie was feeling bad about work,
he thought that misery loves company I guess. I don't know how many
times over thirty years he led me to believe (or tried) that he
might lose his job at any time.

In those thirty years he held four jobs. The Air Force until he
retired. A job he hated at a loan company (for a very few months)
And a job with the local Coors distributor. That counts as two
because the company was sold once.

Go hug a cat, and I think I'll do the same, if I can catch one.

Jo

Old September 10th 09, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

[...]

Purrs for your whole menage.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old September 10th 09, 12:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

[...]

Purrs for all of you. I don't know if Louie is simply frustrated in his job
or what. Maybe a daily dose of St. John's Wort might help?

I remember being very frustrated and snapping off at one co-worker in
particular. And yes, they called me on it. But I wasn't afraid to explain
my frustration to my supervisor. This guy was shiftless and lazy, alway
late to work. Then he'd spend the first half hour getting coffee,
schmoozing and looking for whatever department in the building happened to
have doughnuts that morning. It wouldn't have been so bad if he also knew
how to do his job, but he didn't. It sounds like Louie's issues are a bit
different. Has he seen a doctor?

Jill

Old September 10th 09, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatEyes

[...]

{{{{{{{{{{Baha}}}}}}}}}}

I *SO* know where you're at right now - DH and I just went through
bankruptcy yesterday, and there's still no prospects on a job for him.
Along with the news that my company is merging with another big company, and
that there will surely be lay-offs, and that I am the least senior of all in
my job group... well, you see that I know what you're feeling. Now-a-days
they do a background check on you before offering you a job, so that
bankruptcy leans hard against my confidence of ever working again should I
be one of the lay-offs.

Try to keep your chin up - there's really nothing that worrying will do that
will accomplish anything more than turning a few more hairs gray (I keep
telling myself this too, but I know it doesn't always work).

Purrs and prayers are on their way to both help heal your nerves and to help
Louie find a new, better job.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 10th 09, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Sep 10, 8:58*am, "CatEyes" wrote:
"BfloPolska" wrote in message

Try to keep your chin up - there's really nothing that worrying will do that
will accomplish anything more than turning a few more hairs gray (I keep
telling myself this too, but I know it doesn't always work).

Purrs and prayers are on their way to both help heal your nerves and to help
Louie find a new, better job.

Thanks to you and everyone...I should be offering you the purrs for
Chapter 11 and not be asking them! Louie is frustrated, and his nature
is pessimistic; he took a hit on his credit report when we had major
storm damage in October 2006, and we had to reorganize (not refinance)
our mortgage to avoid foreclosure. Allstate and FEMA didn't pay out
enough to get all the needed repairs from that freak ice blizzard. His
credit is not in the crapper but it is in the mid-600's, which of
course is grounds for keeping him on bread and water as he sits
chained to a combination toilet-sink in a dungeon somewhere in his
imagination. I keep telling him, who the **** has sterling credit
anymore? I just hope he can motivate his tuchas to get on the computer
and get cracking. There are scads of jobs for a person with his
multiple math degrees, these days. What bank or agency dealing in
finance of any kind isn't doing risk analysis? Louie's degrees pertain
to statistics and applied mathemetics. He can chart credit and risk
trends in his sleep, and often does play with such problems just to
relax.

I am at the point where I want to tell him to do what many others are
doing, and do distance work. I can deal with him working in New York
or DC or Boston and coming back every other weekend. he has friends
and family he can stay with, he can arrange with the Sikh gurudwaras
or temples for a flop--many have temporary sleeping facilities for
wayfarers--or, some of these pay as much as I hear, he can maintain
dirt-cheap quarters and still pay off the house. It would suck without
him there all the time, and he'd miss the cats, especially his special
baby Roxie. But something has got to be done. I shudder at the thought
of leaving my hometown, but part of the distance thing would be
getting the house paid opff and fixed up and I'd end up relocating. I
don't give a damn as long as Louie got pet-friendly housing, or our
bank is friendly enough with him from his being a good mortgage
customer to give him a second go-round. And there's my own mental
health...my identity is tied up here; having no relatives I turn only
to the figurative Athena, the original Mother City. I dread the
thoguht of leaving, but I know if it's for the best...

Please keep the purrs a-going: for Louie to keep what he has, or find
something better, wuickly, and one that's best for all of us,
including the cats. come hell or high water, they're staying.

Blessed be,
Baha

Louie, day 1 Caroline S. Cat anecdotes 8 September 5th 08 10:24 PM
Purrs for Louie and his nervous wife Baha Cat anecdotes 16 December 18th 07 09:20 PM
Because when it rains it pours: Louie purrs Baha via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 19 March 4th 07 04:04 PM
Louie purrs please...? Baha via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 24 February 23rd 07 10:27 PM
Purrs for my Louie please! Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 42 September 1st 04 06:46 PM