Sally Forth Comic Strip

Old June 4th 05, 02:10 PM
blkcatgal

Default Sally Forth Comic Strip

Has anyone been reading the comic strip "Sally Forth" lately? The story
line is that their cat "Kitty" is very sick, has an impacted colon, and
requires an operation that will cost $3400. Sally and her husband are
trying to explain this their daughter and that they probably are not going
to have the surgery done (I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but this
appears how the story is going; I could be wrong). There is no discussion
of whether the surgery will be successful, a second opinion, etc., only the
money factor. And for some reason this really bothers me. I guess if my
cat required surgery (and believe me, I've been down that road and it cost
me much more than $3400) and I knew it was going to help, I would try to do
what I could to come up with the money. Many vets offer payment plans now.

I just had to vent about this....

Sue

Old June 4th 05, 03:13 PM
bigbadbarry

blkcatgal wrote:

I just had to vent about this....

Sue

Why get bent about something that you are not even facing, and may
never have to face.

Where your treasure is - There your heart is also. B)

Old June 4th 05, 03:17 PM
bigbadbarry

bigbadbarry wrote:
blkcatgal wrote:

I just had to vent about this....

Sue

Why get bent about something that you are not even facing, and may
never have to face.

Where your treasure is - There your heart is also. B)

In case that comes off a little vague, I mean to say

Wherever you spend your money; it becomes obvious, this is where your
heart is.

Old June 4th 05, 03:52 PM
Mary

"blkcatgal" wrote in message
[...]

I haven't seen it for years, sounds like I wouldn't want to. A COMIC
strip? Please.

Old June 4th 05, 03:53 PM
Mary

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
oups.com...

bigbadbarry wrote:
blkcatgal wrote:

I just had to vent about this....

Sue

Why get bent about something that you are not even facing, and may
never have to face.

Where your treasure is - There your heart is also. B)

In case that comes off a little vague, I mean to say

Wherever you spend your money; it becomes obvious, this is where your
heart is.

Thank you for translating, Barry. Very true.

Old June 4th 05, 04:16 PM
blkcatgal

The part I left out is that "Kitty" had been missing for several days
(probably hiding because she is sick) before these people even realized it
and began looking for Kitty. Granted it's just a comic strip, but there is a
person behind the strip that I think is promoting bad pet ownership. And
this is a nationally syndicated comic strip. On the other hand, maybe the
writer is trying to show what not to do. (I always try to give people the
benefit of the doubt.)

S.
"Karen" wrote in message
in article , Diane
Schirf at
wrote on 6/4/05 9:23AM:

In article ,
"blkcatgal" wrote:

[...]

Hard to say, but maybe it will turn out that she is trying to get
readers to think about what they would do in that situation.

You can bet she is getting emails.

Old June 4th 05, 05:17 PM

I don't get the paper and only can see the strip online and even then it
only goes up until May 21 or 22. What I caught in a glance from previous
strips is that taking the daughter to Paris was being discussed. Did
that become a plan? If so, maybe what will happen is that the daughter
will sacrifcie the trip to Paris to pay for the kitty's surgery? I can
only speculate here...

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old June 4th 05, 05:29 PM
bigbadbarry

Mary wrote:
A COMIC
strip? Please.

mhmm

Old June 4th 05, 05:38 PM
Hopitus

Okay...Megan, if you can do so on webtv (I don't really understand it) type
up "Denver Post" (a newspaper) and when its masthead comes up, click
"comics" in the many choices on left. On link will be Sally Forth's picture,
and if you click on it, you can see today's strip (I dunno if you can go
backwards datewise).
Now: I have been a regular @ this strip for years. IMHO
the only child daughter, Hilary, is one rotten spoiled brat
whose parents cater to her every whim unless she wants something really
dangerous. I base this on *years* of reading their adventures. Yes, the
daughter whined her way into an intended "romantic getaway" her parents
planned for themselves (evidently they have big trouble saying "no" to
Hilary in general - Hilary is clever and obnoxious) and I was thinking an
interesting alternative to them nixing Kitty's expensive surgery would
indeed be Hilary's offering to forego her Paris trip w/parents to pay for
surgery of Kitty! Kitty didn't eat nor use litter box for 5 days before they
noticed (we all know Kitty would be dead by then but evidently cartoonist is
ignorant of this)
; I have always thought this cartoonist is extremely pedantic and the
lessons he/she tries to lay on us, the readers, are often heavy-handed and
kept on and on until you wanna barf (especially Sally in her office
environment). Personally I'd love to give the brat a good
buttwarming when she manipulates her "duh" parents so
skillfully.