Nina and Mr. Straw

Old September 9th 05, 06:24 AM
Melissa Houle

Default Nina and Mr. Straw

Well, for a bit of lightness to contrast with the sobriety of Katrina's
aftermath, Nina has been putting on a grand show on my bed tonight, with her
favorite toy, Mr. Straw. Mr Straw is a red plastic drinking tube that has
seen better days. Nina will pounce on Mr. Straw, and chew and bat him half
to death, then suddenly recover her dignity and sit down with paws together
looking sweet and cute, pretending she's never done anything fierce. But she
keeps a close eye on Mr. Straw. Evidently, Mr. Straw keeps provoking her by
saying rude things, because she'll suddenly pounce on him again, and start
slapping him back into line. Then she'll remember she's supposed to be a
lady, and stop....for a few minutes. It's highly amusing. =o) Of course, she
immediately ignores Mr. Straw the minute I get the camera out. Typical cat
trick! =o\

Melissa

Old September 10th 05, 02:59 PM
Gabey8

[...]

LOL!

One solution for this is to keep a camera nearby as often as you can. When
I first got Captain and Stanley, I did this on a semi-regular basis. If
they're engrossed in an especially entertaining play session, I'll still
fetch the camera and keep it within reach for the rest of the day/evening.
Or, once or twice, I resorted to using my camera phone -- better a low-res
pic of the cats being entertaining than no pic at all. )

BTW, I try to set the camera so that the flash is OFF when I can. Cats
don't seem to like the flash much -- maybe it bothers their eyes, since
they have so much more sensitivity to light than humans do. I know my
first cat, Misty, quickly adopted the behavior of facing AWAY from the
camera the moment she saw it. She definitely didn't like when the flash
went off.

Donna and the Photogenic Units of Felinity, Captain and Stanley

Happy Birthday, Nina Melissa Houle Cat anecdotes 13 June 22nd 05 10:47 PM
Nina the Velcro Kitten Melissa Houle Cat anecdotes 5 February 9th 05 06:25 PM
Nina meets TED + New Pictures link Melissa Houle Cat anecdotes 39 August 23rd 04 07:58 AM
New Nina Pictures! LOL Cat anecdotes 11 August 9th 04 03:25 PM
Purrs for La Nina Shirley Cat anecdotes 17 January 23rd 04 12:19 AM