TED visit

Old February 18th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default TED visit

I took Miranda and Caliban in for their final (I hope) ringworm test.
it's pretty cold here (-10 C + wind chill factor making it -20 C (15 -
-5 F)) and I put a woolly blankie in each cat's carrier.

Miranda was the perfect angel as usual. She weighed the same as in
January, so she's definitely stopped growing now. She's a long but
skinny 3.4 kilos (about 7.5 lbs).

Then came Caliban's turn. When I lifted his carrier onto the examination
table, we heard a lot of hissing coming from inside it. What the...?
Poor Caliban seemed very upset, but I don't see why. He's only gone in
for ringworm tests lately, and they are certainly not painful: TED just
brushes him for a few minutes with this little brush like a toothbrush.
But Caliban was upset about something. When I left TED's office, I could
feel him shivering in his Sherpa bag. Poor little boy!

"Little" boy indeed. Caliban weighed 5.1 kilos (10.3 lbs) now, so he's
put on about half a kilo since January. He's only about 10 months old,
so he's still growing. TED said definitely don't give him kitten food
any more. ;o) She's worried that he's starting to put on some of that
neutered-tom flab. I cut back his food a little, and he seemed quite
content anyway. Such a happy little chappie.

Now I'll just have to wait two weeks again to hear the final verdict on
the ringworm.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old February 18th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
I took Miranda and Caliban in for their final (I hope) ringworm test.
it's pretty cold here (-10 C + wind chill factor making it -20 C (15 -
-5 F)) and I put a woolly blankie in each cat's carrier.

That's nothing! My SIL emailed yesterday from Bismarck, North Dakota
saying it was -28 C with a wind chill of -40!!! I'm so glad I don't live
there.

Awww... poor baby!

any more. ;o) She's worried that he's starting to put on some of that
neutered-tom flab. I cut back his food a little, and he seemed quite
content anyway. Such a happy little chappie.

Do they sell Innova Evo over there? It doesn't have any grains, so it's
better for the cats.

Now I'll just have to wait two weeks again to hear the final verdict on
the ringworm.

Purrs for it to be over with.

Scritches to the most photogenic kitties on that side of the pond.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 18th 06, 06:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:
Marina wrote:

I took Miranda and Caliban in for their final (I hope) ringworm test.
it's pretty cold here (-10 C + wind chill factor making it -20 C (15 -
-5 F)) and I put a woolly blankie in each cat's carrier.

That's nothing! My SIL emailed yesterday from Bismarck, North Dakota
saying it was -28 C with a wind chill of -40!!! I'm so glad I don't live
there.

I was more worried about the cats than myself. ) I forgot to tell the
rest of the story about the woolly blankies. When we got home, I left
the carriers open on the floor and with the blankies inside. But as we
know from experience, Miranda has some very fixed ideas about where
those blankies should be. Sure enough, in the morning I found the purple
blankie in the shower and the red blankie under my bed. P

Do they sell Innova Evo over there? It doesn't have any grains, so it's
better for the cats.

I can't find it on any Finnish webpages, so probably not. Is it a dry
food? I only give him a few pieces of dry food in the evening as a
treat, and it's Waltham's Sensitivity Control formula, which doesn't
contain grains (unless tapioca is a grain, I don't really know what it
is, never seen tapioca here). Otherwise Caliban eats only premium wet
food (and any meat he manages to pilfer from Miranda).

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old February 18th 06, 08:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:

(unless tapioca is a grain, I don't really know what it
is, never seen tapioca here)

Hi Marina - It's a root, so nothing to worry about:
http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...ot_esculenta.h
tml
(watch the line wrap)

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old February 18th 06, 09:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Debbie Wilson wrote:
Marina wrote:

(unless tapioca is a grain, I don't really know what it
is, never seen tapioca here)

Hi Marina - It's a root, so nothing to worry about:
http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...ot_esculenta.h
tml
(watch the line wrap)

lightbulb goes on over head
Oh, cassava, OK.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old February 18th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
know from experience, Miranda has some very fixed ideas about where
those blankies should be. Sure enough, in the morning I found the purple
blankie in the shower and the red blankie under my bed. P

She's such a decorating kitty!

I can't find it on any Finnish webpages, so probably not. Is it a dry
food? I only give him a few pieces of dry food in the evening as a

They have both canned and dry food. I wish our cats loved the wet food
as much as they love the dry food, specially Fez and Rufous. Those guys
just don't like canned food for some reason. They eat a little of it,
but they mostly eat kibble.

treat, and it's Waltham's Sensitivity Control formula, which doesn't
contain grains (unless tapioca is a grain, I don't really know what it
is, never seen tapioca here). Otherwise Caliban eats only premium wet
food (and any meat he manages to pilfer from Miranda).

Well, he's growing just fine. Our vet also recommended we took
Quetzie (RB) off from kitten food when he was about 10 months old. He
was getting big.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 18th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-02-18 03:41:52 -0600, Marina said:

Debbie Wilson wrote:
Marina wrote:

(unless tapioca is a grain, I don't really know what it is, never seen
tapioca here)

Hi Marina - It's a root, so nothing to worry about:
http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...ot_esculenta.h
tml
(watch the line wrap)

lightbulb goes on over head
Oh, cassava, OK.

Tapioca is cassava? Wow. I didn't know that.

Old February 19th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-02-18 03:41:52 -0600, Marina said:

Debbie Wilson wrote:
Marina wrote:

(unless tapioca is a grain, I don't really know what it is, never
seen tapioca here)

Hi Marina - It's a root, so nothing to worry about:
http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...ot_esculenta.h
tml
(watch the line wrap)

lightbulb goes on over head
Oh, cassava, OK.

Tapioca is cassava? Wow. I didn't know that.

It's made from cassava. It has to go through a bunch of processing,
etc. But the raw material is cassava. There are cassava fields all
around where I live in Thailand and down the street is the tapioca
factory.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old February 19th 06, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:

Tapioca is cassava? Wow. I didn't know that.

It's made from cassava. It has to go through a bunch of processing,
etc. But the raw material is cassava. There are cassava fields all
around where I live in Thailand and down the street is the tapioca
factory.

Does the cassava grow in those little balls? Seriously, is that its
natural shape, or is that what happens in the processing plant?

Joyce
Old February 19th 06, 10:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
I took Miranda and Caliban in for their final (I hope) ringworm test.

snip
Now I'll just have to wait two weeks again to hear the final verdict on
the ringworm.

We are sending lots of purrs and best wishes that this really is the
last ringworm test,
Polonca and Soncek