Ping Siamese Experts

Old January 28th 07, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

Default Ping Siamese Experts

This beauty was an owner surrender- man said his "wife didn't want it
anymore".... . Owner said she's a purebred Snowshoe Siamese but didn't have
the papers. Looks like a Traditional Siamese with pure white feet.

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/sno_shoe_01.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/sno_shoe_04.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/sno_shoe_05.jpg

Whatydaya think? Yes or no? (I never state a cat is a purebred unless I
have the papers).

Phil

Old January 28th 07, 07:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 06:00:11 +0000, Phil P. wrote:

This beauty was an owner surrender- man said his "wife didn't want it
anymore".... . Owner said she's a purebred Snowshoe Siamese but didn't have
the papers. Looks like a Traditional Siamese with pure white feet.

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/sno_shoe_01.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/sno_shoe_04.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/sno_shoe_05.jpg

Whatydaya think? Yes or no? (I never state a cat is a purebred unless I
have the papers).

Phil

She looks like a lovely "mix" to me. It looks like she has a woolly coat
on her vest area. What breed would have that?

Old January 28th 07, 08:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

Wow, she looks almost identical to a cat I had for 16+ years--I always
thought of her as a "mutt" Siamese. Very similar except that Pandora didn't
have as much brown on her nose. She had four white feet also and a very
charming goatee! She had a great personality, very sweet and gentle and not
as vocal as most Siamese I've been around. What idiots to dump such a lovely
cat.

Bonnie

Old January 28th 07, 09:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Alan

We took in a stray many years ago on Okinawa that had similar markings. The
voice was very distinct and we were told the markings were common to cats
from Guam. Affectionate, very territorial, good with people, aloof but not
flighty. He simply disappeared after being with us for a few years.
Alan

Old January 28th 07, 10:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Phil P. wrote:
This beauty was an owner surrender- man said his "wife didn't want it
anymore".... . Owner said she's a purebred Snowshoe Siamese but didn't have
the papers. Looks like a Traditional Siamese with pure white feet.

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/sno_shoe_01.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/sno_shoe_04.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/sno_shoe_05.jpg

Whatydaya think? Yes or no? (I never state a cat is a purebred unless I
have the papers).

Phil

No. AFAIK there is no breed "Snowshoe Siamese". She's a pied Siamese
- a lovely kitty though.

-L.

Old January 28th 07, 11:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"22brix" wrote in message
Wow, she looks almost identical to a cat I had for 16+ years--I always
thought of her as a "mutt" Siamese. Very similar except that Pandora

didn't
have as much brown on her nose. She had four white feet also and a very
charming goatee! She had a great personality, very sweet and gentle and

not
as vocal as most Siamese I've been around.

She's been an absolute angel from the minute we got her- greeting every hand
that reached out to pet her with head-bunts and purrs. She wasn't bothered
in the least by other cats or even dogs walking by her cage. From what I
can see- she's a perfect cat- looks, personality and sociability. I'll know
more about her behavior when she goes into foster. But I'm betting she's an
angel.

What idiots to dump such a lovely
cat.

Amazing, isn't it? Makes me really worry about all the gray tabbies we've
placed.

Phil

Old January 28th 07, 11:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Phil P. wrote:
This beauty was an owner surrender- man said his "wife didn't want it
anymore".... . Owner said she's a purebred Snowshoe Siamese but didn't

have
the papers. Looks like a Traditional Siamese with pure white feet.

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/sno_shoe_01.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/sno_shoe_04.jpg

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/sno_shoe_05.jpg

Whatydaya think? Yes or no? (I never state a cat is a purebred unless I
have the papers).

Phil

No. AFAIK there is no breed "Snowshoe Siamese".

I think there is:

http://www.breedlist.com/snowshoe-breeders.html

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/m...ss_siamese.htm

- a lovely kitty though.

She sure is.

Phil

Old January 28th 07, 11:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"Stacey Weinberger" wrote in message
link.net...
How could someone get rid of this beautiful cat? Maybe the wife was
jealous?

Probably! One of my ex-wives was jealous of my cats. She thought I gave
them more attention than I gave her-- She was right! The cats are still here
and she isn't. I might have created a cat hater.

Phil

Stacey

Old January 28th 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

http://www.breedlist.com/snowshoe-breeders.html
http://www.gotpetsonline.com/siamese...mese-cats.html
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/m...ss_siamese.htm