Animal senses

Old June 5th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock

Default Animal senses

When I was young, pretty much all the cats I knew loved to sleep on your
chest at night. None of the current crew likes to do this, they prefer an
arm, a leg, an armpit etc. I put this down to the failing firmness of my
tummy. Like a horse on an unsafe bridge, they don't want to cross. But I
recently had a old root canal repaired (apicoectomy) after many years of
recurring inflammation. Ever since I had the infection cleared up Cali has
become a chest kitty. Gives a whole new meaning to Kitty Breath. :-)

Old June 5th 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Bill Stock wrote:

When I was young, pretty much all the cats I knew loved to sleep on your
chest at night. None of the current crew likes to do this, they prefer an
arm, a leg, an armpit etc. I put this down to the failing firmness of my
tummy. Like a horse on an unsafe bridge, they don't want to cross.

My cats actually like the fact that I don't have a firm tummy. I make a
well-upholstered, soft and comfy kitty bed.

But I don't sleep on my back. I sleep either on my stomach (I know - bad,
bad - and I do wake up with my neck out of whack when I do that) or on
my side. If I'm on my side, Roxy or Smudge (they seem to take turns) will
sleep on my hip or upper thigh.

When I sleep on my stomach, Roxy likes to lie on my upper back and hook
her chin over my shoulder, purring in my ear. Smudge seems to prefer my
butt, so in this case, I will sometimes wake up with both of them on me.
This will result not only in neck pain, but upper and lower back pain as
well! I think my cats take kickbacks from my chiropractor.

Joyce
Old June 5th 07, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jun 4, 9:08 pm, wrote:
My cats actually like the fact that I don't have a firm tummy. I make a
well-upholstered, soft and comfy kitty bed.

But I don't sleep on my back. I sleep either on my stomach (I know - bad,
bad - and I do wake up with my neck out of whack when I do that) or on
my side. If I'm on my side, Roxy or Smudge (they seem to take turns) will
sleep on my hip or upper thigh.

When I sleep on my stomach, Roxy likes to lie on my upper back and hook
her chin over my shoulder, purring in my ear. Smudge seems to prefer my
butt, so in this case, I will sometimes wake up with both of them on me.
This will result not only in neck pain, but upper and lower back pain as
well! I think my cats take kickbacks from my chiropractor.

Joyce

My hip is often sore from an old injury. When I was lying on my side
on the couch, Rusty would often jump up and sat
on my hip. His warmth and purring worked better than a heating pad in
soothing me.

Winnie