Everyone please read

Old November 17th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bridget[_5_] Bridget[_5_] is offline
Banned

Default Everyone please read

I am ashamed for this group. Lorie let us know that she had Felix put to
sleep. When I put Tony to sleep, one of the things that helped me hang on
was people who offered there sincere condolences. What ever you may think of
her decision, the thread where ANYONE announces that is almost sacred as far
as I am concerned. Offer your condolences or don't say anything at all.
Saying it awkwardly is one thing, saying it in a mean way is inappropriate.

Where is your compassion. Got anything to say about it, say it here where
she doesn't think you are offering condolences.

Thanks,
Bridget

Old November 17th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Bridget" wrote in message
I am ashamed for this group. Lorie let us know that she had Felix put to
sleep. When I put Tony to sleep, one of the things that helped me hang on
was people who offered there sincere condolences. What ever you may think
of her decision, the thread where ANYONE announces that is almost sacred as
far as I am concerned. Offer your condolences or don't say anything at all.
Saying it awkwardly is one thing, saying it in a mean way is inappropriate.

Where is your compassion. Got anything to say about it, say it here where
she doesn't think you are offering condolences.

Thanks,
Bridget

I agree. If you have a problem with someone save it for another thread,
another time. No matter our differences, we should all be able to empathize
with having to lose a furry loved one. JMHO.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 17th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
john sumner[_8_]

"CatNipped" wrote in

I agree. If you have a problem with someone save it for another
thread, another time. No matter our differences, we should all be
able to empathize with having to lose a furry loved one. JMHO.

Hugs,

CatNipped

I second that catnipped says,there is a time to slam someone but this was
not the time or the place, and i know usenets are rife with people who like
to be mean, but please lets not do this to someone.

Old November 18th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 21:05:18 GMT, "Bridget"
wrote:

I am ashamed for this group. Lorie let us know that she had Felix put to
sleep. When I put Tony to sleep, one of the things that helped me hang on
was people who offered there sincere condolences. What ever you may think of
her decision, the thread where ANYONE announces that is almost sacred as far
as I am concerned. Offer your condolences or don't say anything at all.
Saying it awkwardly is one thing, saying it in a mean way is inappropriate.

Where is your compassion. Got anything to say about it, say it here where
she doesn't think you are offering condolences.

Thanks,
Bridget

agreed
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old November 18th 08, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 22:12:56 +0000 (UTC), john sumner
wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in

I agree. If you have a problem with someone save it for another
thread, another time. No matter our differences, we should all be
able to empathize with having to lose a furry loved one. JMHO.

Hugs,

CatNipped

I second that catnipped says,there is a time to slam someone but this was
not the time or the place, and i know usenets are rife with people who like
to be mean, but please lets not do this to someone.

I like to think that the people on RPCA *NEVER* have any REASON to 'slam
someone'.

This is not supposed to be that kind of group!!

And that's all i have to say about this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein
Old November 18th 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

(snip)

Purrs for Felix. Stinky will be on the lookout for him.

We feel that we never can repay the totally selfless love they give us.
Guilt seems to be a part of grief (I should have been nicer, I should have
done more - now it's too late). It is especially hard when we have to
make the decision to end the life of someone we love.

The ironic part is that our furry loved ones would not want us to feel
this way, they live in the now and do not have the fear and dread that we
have of death.

{{{{{Theresa and Dante}}}}} You're at a difficult stage of grief - people
are expecting you to have moved on, but your heart isn't ready to do
that.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Thanks, Lori.
--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old November 18th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 17 Nov., 22:05, "Bridget" wrote:
I am ashamed for this group. Lorie let us know that she had Felix put to
sleep. When I put Tony to sleep, one of the things that helped me hang on
was people who offered there sincere condolences. What ever you may think of
her decision, the thread where ANYONE announces that is almost sacred as far
as I am concerned. Offer your condolences or don't say anything at all.
Saying it awkwardly is one thing, saying it in a mean way is inappropriate.

Where is your compassion. Got anything to say about it, say it here where
she doesn't think you are offering condolences.

Thanks,
Bridget

Thank you Bridget for posting this.
Gives me the opportunity to give my two pence as well.

I didn't understand the reactions on Lories post at all.

Felix was her cat and she had to make the decisions for his well-
being.
Only she could decide whether he could or should bear more pain and
treatments.

The tumors were recurring. The whole year long she made treatment
available for him.
If the situation worked out the way that she decided not to lenghten
his pain
everybody has to respect that decision. How dare people to question
her decision.

There is no set amount which determines if someones love is big enough
or not.
Decisions are made when various components reach a critical point,
all of them together form a mixture which, in the end, blend into a
decision.

Nobody has the right to insinuate that Lorie made her decision out of
financial reasons. That is heartless and cruel.

Especially the people on rpca should be trusted that they would do
anything
to help their beloved cats.

If someone criticises Lories decision he/she criticises her character
and her ability
to judge a situation.

If someone criticises Lories decision he/she is showing an immense
lack of empathy.

I am really disgusted. And sad. How heartless people can be.

Bettina
Old November 18th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 17 Nov., 22:05, "Bridget" wrote:
[...]

If someone critizises Lories decision he/she critizises her character
and her ability to judge a situation.

If someone critizises Lories decision he/she is showing an immense

Old November 18th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Bettina" wrote in message
On 17 Nov., 22:05, "Bridget" wrote:
[...]

I think I'd draw the line before calling people heartless. I don't agree
with making someone feel worse, and think it's better to shut up if you
can't say anything comforting, in these cases. But I do think that the loss
of one of our friends is so upsetting to all of us, and that's what people
are reacting too. I don't think it comes from meanness or heartlessness, or
even lack of sympathy. I think it just comes from how hard this is, and how
deeply even the suggestion of losing one of our furry masters upsets us. So
let's give each other a break. All of us.

--
Theresa and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Forever: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh