A very furry Christmas Eve at Chez Shenks!

Old December 12th 20, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default A very furry Christmas Eve at Chez Shenks!

Fur all our friends, On Christmas Eve, Luko and Prince invite you to an
evening at Chez Shenk's. Catered by Meowmie and Daddy 2foot.

The main rooms will be for us 4foots and off the kitchen, the 2foots
will have a large family room for their own small party. There willl
be lots of kitty and doggie brushes in there if you need a little
fluffing from attentive 2foots.

At all times will be top quality kibbles in many types so you can taste
test ones you do not have at home. If you have one at home you think
well of, please bring a little baggie so others can taste test it too!

Fresh munchies will start being placed out on the low table by noon and
replaced with new taste sensations as the day goes along. The
fireplace will be going and tended by 2foots through the affair. The
hearth is solid brick and is nicely warm for kitties or smaller doggies
while the screen makes it completely safe to lounge anna bask inna da
heat.

Dey sez dey even finded a place wif things Pepe and Gigi will like!

Any special movie requests? Wez has a big TV anna lots of goodgood
movies fur us! Meowmie says she kin stream dem too from that laptop
she has by the TV.

Who would like to come?
Old December 12th 20, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_4_]

On Friday, December 11, 2020 at 3:45:03 PM UTC-8, cshenk wrote:
[...]

Kownt me in!!!
It'z gonna be b-o-r-i-n-k heer attid mine heowze , wiff olny Meowmee an Paw Paw!
P2ña 😻

Old December 12th 20, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Daniel Mahoney[_4_]

Mine whole clowder will be dere! Please let us know if we'z can bring anyfing. We will also bring Lucky kitty.

An if you'z doesn't mind we'z could invite our raccoon friend Rocky an our squirrel buddies Fluffytail an Speedy.

Sammy

--
Usenet Reader for Android
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk
Old December 12th 20, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Pit2nya wrote:

[...]

Bring yur Paw Paw! Meowmie sez dey even has a camera setup for zoomie
virtual parti! Wez purrty sure Dan will show up! If only to snag lots
of Meowmie's Southern Pulled Pork.

Luko smiles and then gets out of the way as a Christmas tree comes in.
Old December 12th 20, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

Mine whole clowder will be dere! Please let us know if we'z can bring
anyfing. We will also bring Lucky kitty.

An if you'z doesn't mind we'z could invite our raccoon friend Rocky
an our squirrel buddies Fluffytail an Speedy.

Sammy

Wez be ready Sammy! Rocky ana squirrels welcome! Wez gotted a
squirrel special toy toy dey may like!

In da yard, wez a birdie feeder. Meowmie greases it wif only the
bestest of best backon fats. Squirrels try to climb it den slide down
anna lick their paws clean. Se sez she can hide corn too fur dem to
have a hunt fur. Da local ones like dat.

Now I gotta help wif da tree, says Prince.

Old December 12th 20, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote:

[...]

Prince and Luko get up early. Meowmie has cleared a spot and meaured
very carefully from the cat tree, to free room that won't block the TV.

Then she gets a big ball of twine and her measuring tape while
Daddy2foot helps Prince into his harness.

Excited, he gets in the car back seat and pokes his nose out to sniff
everything. he ride is short but they pull into a lot full of trees!

He comes out and sticks close to Meowmie until 2 2foots come to greet
them. 'My, he's a big one! Your little blind lady is not here?'
Meowmie tells them she passed of age in the comfort of home then
introduces Prince and tells them of Josh. They give him lots of
scritches as Meowmie describes what she needs this year. She is
looking for the imperfectly perfect tree. It should be flat sided
where it will go against a rack of DVDs (trimmed if needed but on
naturally that way that would be harder to sell works well for her) and
7ft would be a good height. She says trimming an 8foot might work best
as she wants fairly bushy at the top.

She explains the party and that she may have climbers, so will be
triple tying it to the 4 rafter points. Mike and LaShon laugh and help
filter trees, Prince walking sedately along and sniffing approval
finally at one. He watches as thy fresh cut the bottom them trim the
top 6 inches to a nice even taper, plus a few stray back branches which
they tie quickly to a wreath for the front door.

As they get ready to leave, Meowmie hands Prince the stump and says
'Up, Carry' and the 2 foot LaShon grins and carries the back, then they
tie it to the roof of the car. Prince stands guard over his tree in a
loose fashion that scares no one (possiby because his tail is very very
happy) while Meowmie gives them a piece of paper, then they go back
home.

At home, Daddy2Foot cuts the tree loose and Prince helps bring it in
and they set it in a big green base. Daddy2Foot then gets up on a
ladder and with snips of clear line (150lb test fishing line if
wondering), ties the top in several places to hooks along the wood
beams.

They sit down and admire the tree while Luko makes sure he can still
reach his cat tree comfortably. He signals a few branches need to be
trimmed so the lower parts can be reached, and Meowmie uses trimmers to
make them easy to reach. Luko notes from the second perch, it would be
very easy to climb in the tree.... He approves.

They bring out lights and other decorations but that is for tomorrow.
Today, the tree needs to relax.

Meowmie goes back to add some bits to the grocery list. Dried fruits
and raw nuts, some in shell. Peanuts both ways and plans a big
crockpot of soft boiled ones for 2 foots and doggies. Candied Ants and
candied locusts. 2lbs frozen fingerling fishies and 4lbs cured quality
bacon. She finshes for now adding dry popcorn which they can string on
the tree and the squirrels may like.

Satified, she watches a movie.
Old December 15th 20, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote:

cshenk wrote:

[...]

Prince huddles in with Luko by the fireplace. Winter monsters arrived.

Luko peers over his shoulder and signs that the tree looks very pretty
then cuddles back in. He takes out a needle and strings some popcorn
while Prince noses it down ready for the next one.
Old December 16th 20, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote:

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

Mine whole clowder will be dere! Please let us know if we'z can
bring anyfing. We will also bring Lucky kitty.

An if you'z doesn't mind we'z could invite our raccoon friend Rocky
an our squirrel buddies Fluffytail an Speedy.

Sammy

Wez be ready Sammy! Rocky ana squirrels welcome! Wez gotted a
squirrel special toy toy dey may like!

In da yard, wez a birdie feeder. Meowmie greases it wif only the
bestest of best backon fats. Squirrels try to climb it den slide down
anna lick their paws clean. Se sez she can hide corn too fur dem to
have a hunt fur. Da local ones like dat.

Now I gotta help wif da tree, says Prince.

Prince sets out for a very important task. Finding Acorns fur Rocky,
Fluffytail anna Speedy. He fills a basket then meowmie adds it to her
backpack. He doesn't that too many from any one spot since da local
squirrels eat dem too.

Meantime, Daddy2foot took all the breakable tree pretties down anna is
busy hanging gummy bears and strips of dried fruits. Lower down, he
hangs a few strips of jerky beef, duck, pork and squid and dried sweet
potato snacks. He checks the shopping list and finds baby carrots and
dried shrimps are also listed.
Old December 21st 20, 05:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_4_]

On Wednesday, December 16, 2020 at 8:41:19 AM UTC-8, cshenk wrote:
cshenk wrote:

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

[...]

P3nya sends a pinyada in the shape of a snowman, filled with Pouncies
of all flavors, plus Doggie equivalants. Awlso people brownies and
salt-water taffee.

She looks at the tree in amazment... We habint hadda tree furr yearz!
P2nya
Old December 22nd 20, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote:

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Meowmie and Daddy2foot arrange a slinky between 2 ceilng beams to be
just kitten height for the pinyata. It should be nice bouncy fun!