Snowmosnters are heer Feb 23

Old February 24th 11, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
MLB[_2_]

Default Snowmosnters are heer Feb 23

Gandalf wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 16:12:15 -0700, MLB wrote:

Gandalf wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 13:19:34 -0800, "Mosey =^..^="
wrote:

Oh hai
Wee wiv in Warshingtoona State n ai m wooking owt da winnow, n der r bigbig
snoflakez fawling OWT dere n pa haz tew go entew da owt tew see uh speshul
kinda ted. meowmie duzznt wunt hym tew goh, waow, doze flakez iz gittin
biggur awl da tyme but dunt seam tew be stikking.
PUUUUUURRS fur owr pa dat iffen he goze, dat hym wyl mayke et hoam safe..
Luvz
Mosey

PS from Kyla
The clinic at the ted just called and it is snowing so bad down there, that
they are sending people home early. so he is re-scheduled for next week..
wow, we live near a lake and have about an inch on the ground and I was
concerned my dh wouldn't make it home in all this snow..and I'm so glad
they called him. What a blessing indeed.
The roads outside our home are covered in snow, which has quit...for now..
Well, that's good!

What could be worse than getting hurt (or worse) in a car accident going
to a doctor appointment?

I'm pretty good at driving in the snow....it's the OTHER idiots driving
6000 lb. SUV's that can't!

They think because they have 4 wheel drive, and a big V8 engine, they
can go as fast as they want.....and they DO...but they CAN'T STOP!!

Little cars like mine can stop MUCH better in slippery road
conditions....and I just drive as slowly as I can get away with.

So far this winter, we've gotten over 6 FEET of snow here.

We got another 17 inches Sunday and Monday

I just hate it.

Try to think of it as a good water supply for summer. We really need it
here and are (or shouild be) thankful for it. MLB

Not so much he flooding in expected in 5 states. That's as far as the
local news reports.

THe entire upper midwest has already gotten WAY more snow than usual.

One city in North Dakota is already making sand bags; they want to have
3 MILLION ready BEFORE the snow even starts to melt.

So here where it's mostly flat, a LOT of snow isn't really a good thing
at all, unfortunately.

I remember telling my boss many years ago that someday the USA would
have a water pipeline that would take water to arid areas. I guess it
won't be in my lifetime. MLB
Old February 24th 11, 10:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

It's never going to happen on a large scale.

Already, cities in drier states, where the growth of some cities has
been limited by the water supplies, have tried every dirty trick in the
book to try to tap fresh water from the Great Lakes.

But, even a 4 to 6 foot drop of sustained low water would endanger the
fish that spawn in the hundreds of streams and rivers that empty into
the Great Lakes.

The big port cities like Duluth and Superior, and every other port city,
would have to dredge huge channels to the port facilities, to keep them
open for large, and the huge ocean going shipping that is an enormous
part of the economy of all the Great Lakes states.

Those are just two of the problems that would cost billions of dollars
annually to the Great Lakes states, if water was drawn off by pipelines
to drier areas.

Laws are now in place (that many corrupt Republican politicians have
sworn to overturn...but It will never happen) to prevent any of the
Great Lakes from being tapped by pipelines to transfer water out of
state.

The Great Lakes must look like lakes of oil, to the dry states of the
desert Southwest. Ten percent of all the fresh water in the world is in
Lake Superior alone. It's the largest fresh water lake in the world.
Old February 24th 11, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

On 2/23/2011 3:08 PM, MLB wrote:

++++
We had a BIG one here last weekend and another one is due for the rest
of the week. Best wishes for the "tests" coming up. MLB

I'm hearing it might even be cold enough to snow here in Pasadena. There
will definitely be a "field trip" out to the backyard for certain indoor
kitties!! Accompanied by a video camera.

Julie
Old February 24th 11, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:23:04 -0800, Booker wrote:

On 2/23/2011 3:08 PM, MLB wrote:

++++
We had a BIG one here last weekend and another one is due for the rest
of the week. Best wishes for the "tests" coming up. MLB

I'm hearing it might even be cold enough to snow here in Pasadena. There
will definitely be a "field trip" out to the backyard for certain indoor
kitties!! Accompanied by a video camera.

Julie

I've lived in the upper midwest all my life.

When I was young, I LOVED to play in the snow.

Now I have to shovel it endlessly, and drive in it.

I hate it. But it would seem very strange not to see it, every year.

The older I get, the more I think I could live without seeing snow,
though
Old February 24th 11, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_9_]

Default Snowmosnters are heer Feb 24

++++
We had a BIG one here last weekend and another one is due for the rest
of the week. Best wishes for the "tests" coming up. MLB

I'm hearing it might even be cold enough to snow here in Pasadena. There
will definitely be a "field trip" out to the backyard for certain indoor
kitties!! Accompanied by a video camera.

Julie

Uh oh , my youngest sister lives in Utah, and my mid sister lives in Colo,
as does my youngest daughter.
I've been reading all the posts and boy, you are all getting it worse than
we are..it was so bad yesterday, even the big rigs got stuck in a whiteout
in some places, and schools are closed in some parts of the state...
my oldest daughter lives in Mich, and I haven't spoken to her lately. I
guess we are very blessed to have the little we got up on our hill
here..it's supposed to get colder and more snow here too and the roads on
the other places are a big mess...thank you MLB for the good wishes about
dh's tests.
The cats are purring and I am sending my prayers that you will all be
okay.

Love,
Kyla

Old February 24th 11, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_9_]

Mosey sticks out his tongue and gives OEJ a big PLLLLLLB n waffz

toldja!!! oej snickerin to herownsef

Old February 24th 11, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_9_]

Umkay. we iz gonna port bak tew da ship were et'z warm..yeUP Mosey

we iz sure himz will be fine, now get yourown famblee back to the ship
where itz warm, OEJ not amused by the turn off to colder

"Mosey =^..^="
Oh hai
Wee wiv in Warshingtoona State n ai m wooking owt da winnow, n der r
bigbig snoflakez fawling OWT dere n pa haz tew go entew da owt tew see uh
speshul kinda ted. meowmie duzznt wunt hym tew goh, waow, doze flakez iz
gittin biggur awl da tyme but dunt seam tew be stikking.
PUUUUUURRS fur owr pa dat iffen he goze, dat hym wyl mayke et hoam safe..
Luvz
Mosey

It's tew hawt heer Mosey =^. .^= Cat community 10 May 22nd 08 06:04 PM
Itz noisy heer! Mme. Anaïs ^..^ Cat community 17 January 16th 07 10:55 PM
Itz Heer! Da Koster Katz Cat community 1 December 26th 04 03:09 AM
Is anybody heer? Rachel Cat community 8 August 15th 04 06:04 PM
Heer Boogie... Boogie's Mom Cat community 3 October 17th 03 04:56 AM