Licky is too smart for me

Old July 27th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Licky is too smart for me

Speaking of flea treatments (see Mark's thread), I noticed that Smudge
was scratching a lot this morning, so she got some Advantage. I also
anaged to get Roxy, but so far, Licky has managed to evade me. He
definitely *knows* something's up. For all I know, he knows *exactly*
what is up! Every time he sees me, he runs under the bed, even though I
haven't tried to pick him up or go near him, and I've put away the
Advantage for now. I want to catch him unawares, but so far, he's been
nothing *but* aware. How does that little bugger know??

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 27th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

wrote in message
Speaking of flea treatments (see Mark's thread), I noticed that
Smudge
was scratching a lot this morning, so she got some Advantage. I also
anaged to get Roxy, but so far, Licky has managed to evade me. He
definitely *knows* something's up. For all I know, he knows
*exactly*
what is up! Every time he sees me, he runs under the bed, even
though I
haven't tried to pick him up or go near him, and I've put away the
Advantage for now. I want to catch him unawares, but so far, he's
been
nothing *but* aware. How does that little bugger know??

Scent. Cats noses are so much better than ours. I know I can't smell
Advantage. And I've put it on my skin and it doesn't burn. But once
I treat one victim, I can't catch the other two for days.

Jo

Old July 27th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Jofirey" wrote in message

Scent. Cats noses are so much better than ours. I know I can't smell
Advantage. And I've put it on my skin and it doesn't burn. But once I
treat one victim, I can't catch the other two for days.

Jo

Why not put two cats in a bathroom before you treat the third cat? It would
then be easier to "locate" them.

MaryL

Old July 27th 08, 04:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

. ..

"Jofirey" wrote in message

Scent. Cats noses are so much better than ours. I know I can't
smell Advantage. And I've put it on my skin and it doesn't burn.
But once I treat one victim, I can't catch the other two for days.

Jo

Why not put two cats in a bathroom before you treat the third cat?
It would then be easier to "locate" them.

MaryL

I can know exactly where mine are, but if they are committed to a game
of 'can't catch me' I really can't.

Jo

Old July 27th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

I put a flea collar on Woodgie since I've let her go outside for a while
occasionally It doesn't seem to bother her....

^..^ Kathy and Woodgie

Old July 28th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kathy wrote:

I put a flea collar on Woodgie since I've let her go outside for a while
occasionally It doesn't seem to bother her....

I finally got close enough to grab him last night, and quickly put
the stuff on him - it was all ready to go for when I caught him. I swear
it all took about 15 seconds, but as of this afternoon, he still clearly
has not forgiven me. He will not let me get near him and he looks at me
as though I'm about to do something terrible to him. Poor scaredy Licky!
He'll get over it eventually, but in the meantime, I feel bad for him.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 31st 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

I finally got close enough to grab him last night, and quickly put
the stuff on him - it was all ready to go for when I caught him. I swear
it all took about 15 seconds, but as of this afternoon, he still clearly
has not forgiven me. He will not let me get near him and he looks at me
as though I'm about to do something terrible to him. Poor scaredy Licky!
He'll get over it eventually, but in the meantime, I feel bad for him.

I hope you didn't get scratched.
Licky will forgive you, eventually.
Cats are known to carrry grudges...LOL.
Try giving him a treat...that 'might' work.
Hug
Kyla

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 31st 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:

I hope you didn't get scratched.

Actually, although Licky is afraid of people, and is often scared
enough even of me to dive under my bed if I look at him wrong, he is
a *perfect gentleman*, and never lashes out in fear. He's really a
very sweet cat. (Now, if you *play* with him, that's another matter.
Watch out for those claws! He takes predation very seriously.)

Licky will forgive you, eventually.

He has! Last night I had a snuggly, purry Licky-boy curled up with
me while I was at the computer. All is well.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 2nd 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`[_2_]

bastXXXette
Kyla =^. .^=` wrote:

I hope you didn't get scratched.

Actually, although Licky is afraid of people, and is often scared
enough even of me to dive under my bed if I look at him wrong, he is
a *perfect gentleman*, and never lashes out in fear. He's really a
very sweet cat. (Now, if you *play* with him, that's another matter.
Watch out for those claws! He takes predation very seriously.)

I hear that..I have to manicure mine twice a month, but still have scars.

Licky will forgive you, eventually.

He has! Last night I had a snuggly, purry Licky-boy curled up with
me while I was at the computer. All is well.

Awwww That is good to hear
Hug
Kyla

--
Joyce ^..^

Licky goes to TED [email protected] Cat anecdotes 26 February 11th 08 10:08 PM
Ping Licky Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 5 March 18th 06 10:26 PM
PING: Licky Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 1 March 10th 06 02:52 PM
Licky-Loo! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 4 February 26th 06 03:22 PM
Licky: stoned before the fact [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 January 7th 06 12:55 AM