OT - Changing My Sign-off

Old August 1st 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - Changing My Sign-off

"Bobcat" wrote in message
On Jul 31, 6:07 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Since my "Hugs" seems to have been co-opted, I figure I'd change my sig.
Suggestions anyone?
CatNipped

Tail swipes? That's how our cats express affection when they go past
our legs. It's oh so casual. As they stroll by, they arc their tails
sideways so that they make contact with our ankles. A cute way of
saying "You're all mine."

That's cute too!

You know, this is getting interesting, especially give the, um,
"conversations" I've been having lately. Cats have many different modes of
body language meaning very different things from love to pleasure to disdain
and insult)! For instance, my "flip me the tail" when they want to insult
me. I'm thinking my signature could possibly do the same! ;

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Old August 2nd 08, 12:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Since my "Hugs" seems to have been co-opted, I figure I'd change my
sig. Suggestions anyone?

Here's one suggestion: keep using your favourite .sig like you've always
done, and don't allow yourself to be buffetted by the whims of others. Its
your sig. So what if another uses it? It does't stop being yours. They don't
damage the word, they don't take anything away from you by using it, and
besides, you aren't the first to use it either. If you like it, use it, if
you don't, then stop. But don't stop using it just because someone else came
along and started using it too.

Heck, I stole my sig from somewhere a long time ago, too. If someone else
starts using it, well, good on them. Just shows what a good sig it is, and
what good taste I had to use it first :-)

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old August 2nd 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"Yowie" wrote in message

...I stole my sig from somewhere a long time ago, too. If
someone else starts using it, well, good on them. Just shows
what a good sig it is, and what good taste I had to use it
first :-)

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off,
how many pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream
doesn't have bones.

I've paddled my canoe upstream. And a wheel has fallen off. (I've
got a 2-wheel trolley for the portages around locks and some
waterfalls). I don't have a doghouse (although I'm often in it!),
but I would imagine that the number of pancakes that could fit in
to it would depend on many variables - such as whether a dog is
still inside, and eating the pancakes! I also take issue with the
statement that ice-cream doesn't have bones. In the UK, soft
ice-cream as dispensed from the travelling vans used to be made
from a mix of water and a powdered substance that was 90% beef
fat. Given the method of recovery of said animal product,
"rendering", I wouldn't be at all surprised if ice cream does
have bones included.

However, said content of beef fat has been changed, probably
since "mad cow disease" came to light. I understand that the
majority constituent now is vegetable oil.

--
MatSav
(No .sig - thinking on it)

Old August 2nd 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Yowie wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message

Since my "Hugs" seems to have been co-opted, I figure I'd change my
sig. Suggestions anyone?

Here's one suggestion: keep using your favourite .sig like you've always
done, and don't allow yourself to be buffetted by the whims of others. Its
your sig. So what if another uses it? It does't stop being yours. They don't
damage the word, they don't take anything away from you by using it, and
besides, you aren't the first to use it either. If you like it, use it, if
you don't, then stop. But don't stop using it just because someone else came
along and started using it too.

I agree! I'll probably be criticized for saying so, but that seems a
rather trivial reason for changing a preferred signature. Who CARES (or
in my case even NOTICES) if two people sign off on messages the same
way? Since each message indicates the person who wrote it, I seldom
bother to sign mine at all. (That doesn't seem to confuse anyone about
who wrote it, when they reply.)