Breakfast - A Battle of Wills

Old August 11th 12, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Breakfast - A Battle of Wills

On 8/10/2012 4:23 PM, Bastette wrote:
dgk wrote:

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 02:04:25 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

nik Simpson wrote:

On 8/9/2012 2:10 PM, dgk wrote:

Hmm. Maybe I should try feeding my brood -- ah, whatever is in your
bowl. What's in the bowl that Libby likes so much?

Just Special K, fresh blackberries & milk, but she makes the same effort
if I have ice cream in there at dinner time. I end up holding the bowl
over my head while trying to get a spoonful, which is tricky to say the
least ;-)

That will only guarantee that you'll spill some, and then she'll catch it.

Yes, that's how it works in my house. I'm sitting in the comfy chair
with a nice bowl of ice cream and the brood starts circling for the
kill. One starts climbing up my arm while another gets on the back of
the chair reaching for the bowl when I raise it to escape cat#1. Oh
yes, they are tricky. Finally the only way to have some ice cream is
to distract them by dropping some on the floor. HA! I've outsmarted
them.

I guess I'm just a meanie. When I'm going to eat food that Roxy wants
(chicken, the occasional salmon dinner, a bowl of cereal as a snack), I
shut her in one of the other rooms with some treats for the duration of
my dinner. When I'm done, I go let her out. I always find her ensconsed
in some corner of the room or under the desk, waiting patiently but
comfortably.

You're not a meanie! She gets treats while you have your food

I don't need to do this with Licky - he's not that much of a beggar. Even
when he does want a taste of my food, he always keeps a respectful distance
from me. He's not like Roxy, who's not at all afraid to get in close -
climbing all over me and shoving her nose in my ear, sniffing loudly.

Persia rarely ever begs for people food. But she has *stolen* it.
Heheh. She once snagged a hamburger right off the bun. It was my
fault. I set the plate on the coffee table. I realized I needed a
napkin. Of course I should have picked the plate up. I grabbed a
napkin, Persia snagged the burger. LOL There was nothing left on the
plate but a bun and some potato chips. It's a good thing I grilled four
hamburgers

Jill