Dual Head-Butts

Old August 11th 12, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Dual Head-Butts

I'm cat sitting for my neighbor, as you know. I went over a while ago
to feed them and scoop the box. Here's what happened.

Schwartzie and Fedders met me in the kitchen. I dished up the FF and
the kibble. Schwartzie sat on a chair by the kitchen counter. He
looked at the food dishes. He looked at me. He meowed at me. Fedders
sat on the kitchen table. He looked at me. He meowed at me. Next
thing I knew, they started head-butting me from each side. Tag team!

They were purring in stereo, too. I’ve never heard Schwartzie purr before.

They didn’t want food, they wanted attention. I hugged them both, and
we exchanged head butts. I scratched their backs and talked to them.
They were ecstatic! I’ve cat sitted for these guys a lot but I've never
seen them so affectionate. Usually they only care that I'm the one who
gives them food. It was sweet!

Jill
Old August 11th 12, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

That's lovely! It must help make up for some of the aggravation.

Joy

Old August 12th 12, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

I'm cat sitting for my neighbor, as you know. I went over a while ago
to feed them and scoop the box. Here's what happened.

Schwartzie and Fedders met me in the kitchen. I dished up the FF and
the kibble. Schwartzie sat on a chair by the kitchen counter. He
looked at the food dishes. He looked at me. He meowed at me. Fedders
sat on the kitchen table. He looked at me. He meowed at me. Next
thing I knew, they started head-butting me from each side. Tag team!

They were purring in stereo, too. I?ve never heard Schwartzie purr before.

They didn?t want food, they wanted attention. I hugged them both, and
we exchanged head butts. I scratched their backs and talked to them.
They were ecstatic! I?ve cat sitted for these guys a lot but I've never
seen them so affectionate. Usually they only care that I'm the one who
gives them food. It was sweet!

They were lonely! And now that you've been established as a trusted
provider of food, you're ready to begin your training to be a provider
of petting, scratching and head butting. (Next semester: advanced
predatory games.)

Congratulations! They sound like sweet kitties.

--
Joyce

What business is it of the state how consenting adults choose to pair
off, share expenses and eventually stop having sex with each other?
-- Bill Maher
Old August 12th 12, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

They're getting to know you. :-)
--
Adrian
Old August 12th 12, 03:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/12/2012 9:45 AM, Adrian wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Schwartzie and Fedders met me in the kitchen. I dished up the FF and the
kibble. Schwartzie sat on a chair by the kitchen counter. He looked at
the food dishes. He looked at me. He meowed at me. Fedders sat on the
kitchen table. He looked at me. He meowed at me. Next thing I knew,
they started head-butting me from each side. Tag team!

They were purring in stereo, too. I’ve never heard Schwartzie purr before.

They didn’t want food, they wanted attention. I hugged them both, and we
exchanged head butts. I scratched their backs and talked to them. They
were ecstatic! I’ve cat sitted for these guys a lot but I've never seen
them so affectionate. Usually they only care that I'm the one who gives
them food. It was sweet!

Jill

They're getting to know you. :-)

They should know me by now. I've been cat-sitting for them since 2008.
They were just extra friendly yesterday. And it was very sweet.

Jill
Old August 12th 12, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

They sound like such sweet boys. They must be missing the attention of
their live in slave.

Butts BfloPolska Cat anecdotes 8 January 28th 10 07:05 PM
dual zoomies Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 4 December 18th 07 05:53 AM
[OT] TdF butts ... Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 13 July 8th 05 01:01 AM
Get Your Head Out Of Your Butts biggerbadderbarry Cat health & behaviour 6 June 21st 05 07:36 AM
Butts Lots42 The Library Avenger Cat anecdotes 4 March 8th 04 05:31 PM