BCT after surgery

Old August 5th 12, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default BCT after surgery

Hi guys. Purrs to all in need and just checking in to see what's what
and tell you a silly story.

I had a spinal fusion a week ago Friday so my mom has been here helping
take care of me and my cats. A few days ago I couldn't find Bonnie
anywhere! I hadn't seen her since I'd gotten out of bed for the day,
around 1pm and my mom had left to go do some things. So normally the
cats will sleep all day and it didn't cause concern. But after the pet
sitter came to clean the litter boxes, still no Bonnie so I was really
worried. Checked all hiding spots, checked rooms and closets with
closed doors, no Bonnie. Shook bag of temptations, no Bonnie. That one
was definitely odd.

A couple of hours later, still trying to remain calm but convinced in my
mind that somehow she'd gotten out of the house I was crying and
frantic, my mom was so upset wondering if she'd somehow let Bonnie slip
outside but positive that she hadn't, I was then convinced I was never
going to see Bonnie again. I made up flyers, posted on my local missing
pets Yahoo group, and was just about to go hang up the flyers outside
(my back was soooooooooooo sore at this point and no amount of my mom
telling me to sit down so I wouldn't injure my back would make me stop
my frantic search for her) and out walks Bonnie from down the hall.

BCT are made even worse when you're on a medication cocktail that has a
potential side effect of having strange and unusual thoughts. But I
really was convinced I'd never be able to find her.

Be well all!
Old August 5th 12, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Sarsi does this all the time- only a few weeks ago I came back from the shops and fed the cats- Bonnie as befits a gannet was at the bowl before I even got the pouchie out the box but no sign of Sarsi so I went looking for her- not on the windowsills, not on the duvet, not in any of her usual hidey holes that I know of so concerned she might have got out I opened the front door- no Sarsi to be seen. I checked the bedroom again- no sign of her so I came out and said to Dave "I can't find Sarsi anywhere! I'm worried she got out when I went to the shops!"

His reply "She's standing behind you she followed you out of the bedroom"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 5th 12, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cheryl, I'm so glad to see this message and happy that Bonnie is safe.
There was one occasion, years ago, when I was afraid that I had lost Holly.
I wandered throughout the house calling her name and opened
everything--every door, every cabinet, looked under beds and furniture, etc.
No Holly. Then I happened to turn around, and there was Holly right behind
me. She had been quietly following me and probably wondered why I kept
calling her name when she was "right there."

How are you feeling? I have been thinking about you and hoping that we
would hear that your surgery has been a resounding success. When will you
start therapy? I assume you will have to go through a healing process
first.

MaryL

Old August 6th 12, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 8/5/2012 5:53 PM, MaryL wrote:

How are you feeling? I have been thinking about you and hoping that we
would hear that your surgery has been a resounding success. When will
you start therapy? I assume you will have to go through a healing
process first.

Hi Mary. It's been a tough week. Mostly just trying to adjust to what
I can do, what hurts too much, and what needs to be called into my
surgeon to see if meds can be adjusted or added to. I have mostly just
wanted to stay in bed, take my pain meds and go back to sleep but that
isn't going to help my back, plus after a couple of days I just needed
to move a little. At first I could only walk with the walker, the my
mom gave me a spare cane she had in her car. The incision wound has
healed just so amazingly! I think I get the stitches out on Wednesday.
One of my feet still feels like it belongs to someone else (no feeling)
but I'm starting to be able to wiggle my toes. Almost my entire leg was
paralyzed from the swelling in my spine causing the lack of being able
to use that leg. I could walk short distances but I could tell my gait
was probably funny to see. It isn't a hunched over walk because of the
spinal fusion which keeps my spine straight. It was more of a wide
legged gait. At just over a week from surgery I'm feeling so much better
and sent mom home. I'm no longer watching the clock for my next pain
med but I'm still taking it the 4 times a day prescribed. A cocktail of
Oxy, Soma and Gabapentin. Whoa, what that does to your head! I think
I'll be ok and I'm finally starting to think the surgery was the right idea.

Thanks for asking!
Old August 6th 12, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Cheryl" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

That was definitely a championship BCT. I'm glad it had a happy ending. I
hope the search didn't cause a setback in your healing.

Joy

Old August 6th 12, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 8/5/2012 7:55 PM, Joy wrote:
That was definitely a championship BCT. I'm glad it had a happy ending. I
hope the search didn't cause a setback in your healing

Thanks Joy. The good thing about the burning pain was that I found out
that icing it and getting a good night's sleep (crying hysterically
really makes you sleep well when it is all well in the end!) I woke up
the next morning feeling better than I had all week! I think the
walking and even controlled bending was the best thing for my back at
that point to start the process of getting it back into shape.

Old August 6th 12, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Cheryl" wrote in message
. com...
On 8/5/2012 7:55 PM, Joy wrote:
That was definitely a championship BCT. I'm glad it had a happy ending.
hope the search didn't cause a setback in your healing

Thanks Joy. The good thing about the burning pain was that I found out
that icing it and getting a good night's sleep (crying hysterically really
makes you sleep well when it is all well in the end!) I woke up the next
morning feeling better than I had all week! I think the walking and even
controlled bending was the best thing for my back at that point to start
the process of getting it back into shape.

So she really had your welfare at heart! ;-)

I'm glad to hear that.

Joy

Old August 6th 12, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Cheryl wrote:
[...]

Definitely a BCT! Why do they make their slaves suffer like that?
--
Adrian
Old August 7th 12, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

Oh. Poor you. I've had a lot of operations but thats one I wouldn't want.
May you recover quickly.
Tweed

Old August 7th 12, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 8/6/2012 6:56 PM, Adrian wrote:
Cheryl wrote:
[...]

She had to have heard me calling, and I even upset Scarlett, Rhett and
Shamrock with my crying and calling for her. My mom was commenting
about how it looked like they were also looking for her.

My cat needs surgery :( kawasakizx636 Cat health & behaviour 0 July 25th 10 06:08 AM
Surgery Ginger-lyn[_2_] Cat anecdotes 21 May 21st 08 03:28 AM
[OT] Surgery Ginger-lyn[_2_] Cat anecdotes 15 May 1st 08 10:48 PM
Surgery Cat health & behaviour 2 December 17th 05 09:27 PM
Surgery Cat health & behaviour 4 December 16th 05 01:12 AM