Neighbor's cat walking in circles

Old February 27th 14, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Neighbor's cat walking in circles

Gizmo was walking around in circles and falling down so we took him to
the vet.

Diagnosis is either inner ear infection or some kind of lesion on the
brain; it's unlikely to be a stroke since he's only 7 or 8. He has
something called Megaesophogus which is very rare in cats and mostly
occurs in dogs, and that is apparently secondary to some other
underlying conditions but the vet does not think it is related to this
circling behavior.

After a few days on antibiotics and cortisone he appears somewhat
better but he is due for a follow-up visit in a few days and we're
hopeful that he will continue to improve.

Purrs are welcome.
Old February 27th 14, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/27/2014 11:16 AM, dgk wrote:

Gizmo was walking around in circles and falling down so we took him to
the vet.

Diagnosis is either inner ear infection or some kind of lesion on the
brain; it's unlikely to be a stroke since he's only 7 or 8. He has
something called Megaesophogus which is very rare in cats and mostly
occurs in dogs, and that is apparently secondary to some other
underlying conditions but the vet does not think it is related to this
circling behavior.

After a few days on antibiotics and cortisone he appears somewhat
better but he is due for a follow-up visit in a few days and we're
hopeful that he will continue to improve.

Purrs are welcome.

Purrs on the way for Gizmo. Hopefully an ear infection.

Jill
Old February 27th 14, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

dgk wrote:

Gizmo was walking around in circles and falling down so we took him to
the vet.

Diagnosis is either inner ear infection or some kind of lesion on the
brain; it's unlikely to be a stroke since he's only 7 or 8. He has
something called Megaesophogus which is very rare in cats and mostly
occurs in dogs, and that is apparently secondary to some other
underlying conditions but the vet does not think it is related to this
circling behavior.

After a few days on antibiotics and cortisone he appears somewhat
better but he is due for a follow-up visit in a few days and we're
hopeful that he will continue to improve.

Purrs are welcome.

Purrs on the way! It's really great that you took care of your neighbor's
cat like that.

--
Joyce

He spent one-third of the time telling me about the musical he was writing about raccoons, one-third of the time talking about C++, and one-third of the time demonstrating the plot of Othello using the salt and pepper shakers.
-- A Treasury of the World's Worst Online Dating Stories

Old February 28th 14, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 2/27/2014 11:16 AM, dgk wrote:
After a few days on antibiotics and cortisone he appears somewhat
better but he is due for a follow-up visit in a few days and we're
hopeful that he will continue to improve.

Purrs are welcome.

Many purrs for Gizmo! that must be strange to see. I hope it isn't
anything serious.

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl
Old February 28th 14, 02:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 2/27/2014 11:16 AM, dgk wrote:

Gizmo was walking around in circles and falling down so we took him to
the vet.

Diagnosis is either inner ear infection or some kind of lesion on the
brain; it's unlikely to be a stroke since he's only 7 or 8. He has
something called Megaesophogus which is very rare in cats and mostly
occurs in dogs, and that is apparently secondary to some other
underlying conditions but the vet does not think it is related to this
circling behavior.

After a few days on antibiotics and cortisone he appears somewhat
better but he is due for a follow-up visit in a few days and we're
hopeful that he will continue to improve.

Purrs are welcome.

Lots of purrs on the way.
Old March 31st 14, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla=^..^=

Loving purrs being sent for Gizmo and for your worried minds.
Kyla

"Matthew"

purrs being sent
"dgk"

Old March 31st 14, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 17:33:31 -0700, "Kyla=^..^="
wrote:

[...]

Gizmo is apparently always going to walk with his head tilted somewhat
towards the left but at least he isn't falling over or walking in
circles. He spends his time eithe sleeping or attacking one of the
other cats, so he's pretty much back to normal.
Old March 31st 14, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/31/2014 9:45 AM, dgk wrote:
Gizmo is apparently always going to walk with his head tilted somewhat
towards the left but at least he isn't falling over or walking in
circles. He spends his time eithe sleeping or attacking one of the
other cats, so he's pretty much back to normal.

Glad to hear he's back to normal. Thank you for the update.

Jill

I have a new neighbor YAY Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 0 June 27th 11 08:03 PM
I have a new neighbor Shiral Cat anecdotes 3 September 29th 07 05:01 AM
My neighbor Karen Cat anecdotes 8 July 25th 06 01:57 AM
My Neighbor's Dog Ate My Cat Flying _Naked_People Cat rescue 6 September 11th 03 07:56 AM
My Neighbor's Dog Ate My Cat Flying _Naked_People Cat rescue 4 September 8th 03 09:34 PM