Jellicle Ball 2014: The Ball begins

Old October 8th 14, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Default Jellicle Ball 2014: The Ball begins

Kitties and doggies step from teleporters into the glen in the heart of Cat Valley, part of California's Yosemite Park. The orchestra, led by Hercule Lenoir, plays a soft melody to help keep everybody relaxed and comfortable. The sky overhead is mostly clear, though a few tendrils of mist can be seen. The ground is also just slightly misty. The newly risen moon can be seen partially through the pine trees ringing the valley.

Wild animals emerge from the forest and mingle with the cats and dogs. Deer, squirrels, raccoons, foxes, beavers, mountain lions, and a few bears sniff the feline and canine guests, and offer nudges and snuffles of friendship.. Even the snakes slithering out of the forest appear eager to befriend their visitors.

As everybody settles into comfortable positions on the many levels of the amphitheater, Hercule brings the orchestra to a stop. Everybody's focus shifts towards the stage. The mist that is light and feathery around the rows of seats is growing heavier on the stage, and seems to be forming into clumps and knots. These dark clusters of mist start to writhe and wriggle, and dance around each other on stage. A haunting melody, played on flutes and strings, seems to emanate from the stage. The dark forms dance in time with the music, mesmerizing the watchers.

As the dance progress, the rising moon finally rises completely above the trees, and shafts of moonlight fall upon the stage. The dark clumps of mist resolve into very large cats, some nearly 7 feet tall, dancing smoothly with each other. As they become clear, half of the cats leap off the stage and dash up the aisles between the seating areas, leaping over and gamboling with the cats and other animals they find relaxing there. All of the dancers whirl gracefully and smoothly, purring loudly while dancing.

Movement can be see at the back of the amphitheater. From the left a dark figure wearing a hooded black cloak climbs the stairs and starts walking slowly towards the center of the stage. From the right a figure wearing a hooded bright red cloak does likewise, and a figure wearing a silver hooded cape comes forward from the center of the back of the stage. The 3 figures all head towards center stage, and as they advance the giant dancers dance smoothly around them.

When the 3 figures reach center stage they draw back their hoods. From left to right they are revealed to be Morgana, Priestess of the Second World, Mau, High Priestess of the Temple of Bast, and Aed, Priest of the Second World. The three join hands and start to chant, the chant harmonizing with the ethereal music. When the chant reaches its peak, the three at center stage drops their hands, turn to face the assembled animals, and clap their paws.. At the sound of the clap, the dancers all turn to mist and dissipate. The haunting music of the flutes and strings slowly dissipates as well.

Mau: All those present at this Jellicle Ball, welcome!

Morgana: We have all gathered here to remember those of our families who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge ahead of us.

Aed: We have gathered so that we may jointly remember the wonders that they brought to our lives, and to celebrate the love that we have all shared with them and with each other.

Mau: Everybody, feline and otherwise, please join us in contemplating those who we miss.

[The entire assemblage becomes silent, as heads are seen nodding, and as many smiles as tears can be seen on the faces of those present.]

Mau, Morgana, and Aed in unison: Everybody, welcome to the Jellicle Ball of 2014. Let us remember our loved ones! And may Bast smile upon us this evening.
Old October 8th 14, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Fangu, Mau, Morgana, an Aed fur dat bootiful openin to dis yeer'z Jellicle Ball. On behaf uv RPCC, I welkumz efurrywun. I iz espeshully glad to welkum da aminalz uv Yosemite National Park and uv Cat Valley, most uv hoo haz nevver bin to a Jellicle Ball befur. Dey is kindly allowin ussez to use dere home fur da Ball dis yeer, an on furry short notiss, and we fangkz dem fur dat.

Sum uv yoo mite not know abowt da Jellicle Ball. It is when we gatherz to rememfur owrown luvved wunz dat haz leeved dis whirled in the past yeer. We gatherz wif mixed emoshunz, happee to be togedder, but sad bekuz we missez doze hoo iz no longer wif ussez. An yet, we knowz we will see dem agin bekuz dey iz waitin fur ussez at da Rainbow Bridge, whare we will also go wun day.

Dis yeer, I will also be takin sum time to fingk abowt aminalz hoo haz got lostid or stolded frum dere wuntwoohomez. Efurry day, dere iz noo reportz uv dis. Deze aminalz may nevver see dere hoominz agin, an we may nevver know dere fate. I invitez awl uv yoo to joyn me in wishin dat dey are well an happee, wharever dey iz.

Now I will deskribe the rest uv owr planned eventz. In a fyoo momintz, Azad will onner ussez by reedin da namez uv dis yeer'z Jellicle onnereez. Dis iz da most impurrtint part uv owrown serrymoniez heer. Followin dat, Pit2nya will reed ussez a pome. Den enneeone hoo wud like is welkum to kum to da stage an giv a tribyoot to ennee uv dis yeer'z onnereez. (We uzually put eech tribyoot in itz own thred.) If yoo giv a tribyoot to somewun hoo wuz not on da list, dere name will be added an inkloodid in da final kallin uv namez at da end uv da Ball. Yoo kan stay in da amfitheater an lissen to tribyoots, but yoo kan also go to da bankwit area, whare yoo kan hav sumfing to eet an vizzit wif frenz. Dere are speekerz dere so yoo kan still heer da tribyoots. Dere will also be an area fur mewzik an dancin. Later on, if Bast seez fit, we will be abul to breefly see da Rainbow Bridge in the sky, wif sum uv owrown luvved onez lukkin down at ussez. Doze kitteez hoo knowz da werdz iz welkum to sing Cat Anjil wif ussez.

After dat, Azad will onner ussez wuntz mor, wif da final Callin uv da Namez.. Dat will konklood da offishul partz uv da Jellicle Ball, but pleez rememfur dat kitteez an doze dat we sharez dis nite wif are not kunfined by da limitz uv time like hoominz are. Da Jellicle Ball kan go on fur sum time, mor dan whut hoominz fingk uv az one nite, an we kan return to ennee part uv da Ball dat we wantz. Befur yoo leevz, pleez sine da Gest Buk, which will be in a sepurrit thred.

Wifowt furder ado, we will now lissen to Azad an da Callin uv da Namez.
Old October 9th 14, 09:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 12:35:38 PM UTC-7, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
[...]

Misty listens in respectful silence as each name is called. In spite of some clouds the Jellicle Moon shines bright and misty soaks it all in. "Every Full Moon renews my spirit." Wondering around the Ball Misty notices that the Welcoming Sign seems to be missing. Closing her Golden-Yellow Eyes, thinks of what she wants to appear, then waves a paw. A sign starts to materialize out of moonlight and air. "WELCOME TO THE 19TH ANNUAL JELLICLE BALL" each letter formed in Moon Glow rope, and the sign fringed on both ends in buckskin. For added authenticity, she make the entry way in the form of a covered wagon, from which the sign is suspended. "Ah just right". Misty continues making her rounds to greet those cats she knows and some she does not.

Misty, Mistress of the Night
Old October 9th 14, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance and/or Rebecca

Nice werk, Misty!

Rebecca
Old October 9th 14, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

On 10/9/14 1:14 PM, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
Nice werk, Misty!

Rebecca

Indeed! That is VERY nice work, Misty. Thanks!

Amelia