Purrparing for the Jellicle Ball

Old September 10th 19, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

Default Purrparing for the Jellicle Ball

[Francesca send a big grin to Prince, then grabs Benni by the tail and pulls her towards the piles of tent material.]

Come her, little thing. We dropped these bundles right where we need the tents to be. These were invented by the late Cleopatra and built by the late Amelia. See this little green lever? Just step on it, then stand back.

[Benni goes over and stands on the green lever but nothing happens. Francesca sighs, then walks over and puts her paw on the lever as well. The tent unfurls, integral poles interlock, and in a matter of seconds a complete tents stands where the bundle of fabric had been before.]

I guess we need to fatten you up a bit! I'll take care of the rest of these; why don't you go play a while? [She thinks to herself, if Benni runs around and plays enough maybe she won't get in the way.

[Francesca then presses the green levers on the other 2 automated tents as well. Benni runs around looking for things to play with. She sees Prince and does a double take.]

Benni: Hihi! I heard Daisy-chan call you Prince. Is you a goggie? I haf a goggie in my howse, but her isn't nearly as big as you.
Old September 11th 19, 03:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Dan Mahoney wrote:

[...]

Prince grins back at the (to him) tiny female 4foot. "Yes, I am a
doggie. Wanna go fur a ride?"

Prince lays on the ground so Benni can climb up then makes sure Benni
is stable and has snagged Prince's collar and harness before he winks
at Francesca and takes Benni for a spin.

They take off to see what else is here, Prince careful that low hanging
branches don't sweep Benni off his back. They stop along a trail for a
bit as a mommie and daddy duck escort a brood across to the waterway
then find a patch of blueberries along with a raccoon harvesting some.
Prince snags a few then moves on and finds a little puddle full of
tadpoles. Benni gets excited so he stops and lets her fish for a bit
with paws. She's not actually trying to catch any, but she has fun
until a green snake comes up and spooks her. It's a harmless sort but
Benni doesn't know that!

She jumps back on Prince's back and he wanders on, seeing fields of
flowers. He hears a little rumble quite close and looks at Benni.
She's a little bashful. It was her tummy. His joins in that he is
hungry too and they head back.
Old September 11th 19, 06:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_3_]

On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 7:24:57 AM UTC-7, Dan Mahoney wrote:
[ Sammy Redcat, Ranger, Francesca the Fierce, and Benni the Tiny 'port to Big Cedar Lodge - specifically to the Big Cats Cabin. Big Cats Cabin is located on a private cove, not visible from the main lodge but the main lodge is easily accessible to kitty guests. The spa, restaurants, and other facilities of the resort are also fully available, but the guests on Big Cats Cabin can enjoy total privacy if desired. They inspect the building and the grounds, and they are definitely pleased. They step back into the teleport and disappear.

Around half an hour later the familiar shimmer if teleporter passage appears, and Sammy and Ranger come roaring out of the 'porter at the wheel of a former airport luggage tractor, now hooked to trailers full of cooking gear, table settings, and all sort of other essentials. Ranger takes a shaky step (he's not used to Sammy's aggressive driving style) then starts unloading supplies.

Minutes later the silence is disturbed by a shimmering teleporter window appearing in the sky, with a large Sikorsky cargo helicopter appearing. Fancesca pilots the chopper, with Benni hanging on to her seat with all of her claws embedded in the seat and her fur fluffed out. Benni doesn't think any more of Francesca's flying style than Ranger does of Sammy's driving. The chopper has several large fabric-wrapped bundles suspended below. Franny winches the bundles down, then flies the chopper over to clearing in the forest, lands and shuts down the engines..

Once they arrive at the lodge, Francesca and Benni start untieing the bundles, which prove to be large tents. They get all of the tent parts laid out, then decide to wait until there are several big strong kitties or doggies to help get the tents set up.]

P2nya teleports in to the Cove, with most of the inventory of the Boutique:
Hihi guyz, purrleeze set up two tents for me, I'll put up the Mayle an Feemayle sines, an then put in the racks and kounterzz. I'll fill them awl full of itemz fur hykink an the Jellical Ball. She soon is at work doing just that!

Pet2nya, Grand Pooh-Bah and Proprietress.

Old September 11th 19, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

[Benni jumps down from Prince's back, and give him a kiss on the nose. She then runs off toward the dock.

Sammy and Ranger busy themselves setting up the tents for the Boutique, and move Pi2nya's products in, arranging them under her direction.

As they finish up they hear little paws running up from the dock area. Benni is running as fast as she can, and screeches to halt between Prince's front paws.]

Benni: It's a - it's a - it's a monster!

[Sammy wanders down towards the dock, and Prince follows with Benni walking between his front paws. Sure enough, a long black thing is emerging from the water. As Sammy gets close, the "thing" removes his dive mask.]

Sammy: Jocko! How are you doing my friend? It's been a long time.

Jocko: It sure has! Things are going good for me. I think I just saw a little kitty go running off. Did I scare her?

Sammy: Benni, Prince, this is Jocko the Diving Cat. He's a good friend.

Jocko: Hi, Benni and Prince. Here, let me get this suit off.

[Jocko runs a paw down the front of his wetsuit. It splits in half on both the front and back sides, basically falling off him.]

Sammy: Wow, that's cool! I'f never seen a suit that worked like that! How does it do that, with the front and back sides working together?

Jocko: I don't really know. It was invented by Amelia. I asked her about it, and she said something that sounded like "quantum entanglement" but couldn't explain in a way I could understand. All I know is that it works great, and it makes getting in and out of the wetsuit a lot easier.
Old September 19th 19, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven[_3_]

On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 9:54:53 AM UTC-4, Dan Mahoney wrote:
Grrrrr! Mine dum hooman didn't type what I dictated. Jellicle Ball is OCTOBER 13. It's in October. Like always.

Frencesca the Irritated

Dat almos' made me punnish Uncl Bill. I thotted we mist da bawl.

--
Squeakytoy, for her Hous
Old September 20th 19, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

[A white Mercedes 600 pulls into the cat's only parking lot, and a black Persian assists slender Siamese from the car. The Persian leads the Siamese towards the area with the tents. The Persian spots the Boutique tents and whispers to the Persian. They make their way over to the boutique.]

'Allo, allo! What a lovely place. I remember you, you're Pi2nya, are you not? I don't know whether you remember us - I am Darius, uncle of the late Mme. Anais, and this is my wink, Maria. We hafen't attended a Ball in a long time, so we made a point of coming this year. How are you doing, mine dear?"
Old September 26th 19, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pit2nya[_3_]

On Friday, September 20, 2019 at 8:07:21 AM UTC-7, Dan Mahoney wrote:
[A white Mercedes 600 pulls into the cat's only parking lot, and a black Persian assists slender Siamese from the car. The Persian leads the Siamese towards the area with the tents. The Persian spots the Boutique tents and whispers to the Persian. They make their way over to the boutique.]

'Allo, allo! What a lovely place. I remember you, you're Pi2nya, are you not? I don't know whether you remember us - I am Darius, uncle of the late Mme. Anais, and this is my wink, Maria. We hafen't attended a Ball in a long time, so we made a point of coming this year. How are you doing, mine dear?"

I yam doink well, fur mine age. Ahh yess, Lufferly Mme Anais!
I offin think ov hur. and hur paw. You say late??? O my,I yam soo-sooo sorry
to hear dat. Will we be honoring hur in the Calling ov the Names this year?

Pit2nya
Old September 28th 19, 10:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 6:54:53 AM UTC-7, Dan Mahoney wrote:
Grrrrr! Mine dum hooman didn't type what I dictated. Jellicle Ball is OCTOBER 13. It's in October. Like always.

Frencesca the Irritated

Frencesca, thanks for the update. Bobcat and I moved to a new location. Can you imagine he shut me OUT of the COMPUTER ROOM ?!? (But NOW I can sleep on his NEW Bed -- MEOW!!) I may need to work some of my FELINE wiles on him on the 13th, which should not be too hard as the Moon will be Full.

I'll see you then.

Misty