Cat Frozen To Fence Saved By Woman, Grandkids

Old January 17th 05, 06:14 PM
Gennie

Default Cat Frozen To Fence Saved By Woman, Grandkids

http://www.nbc4.tv/irresistible/4088731/detail.html

Cat Frozen To Fence Saved By Woman, Grandkids

POSTED: 8:24 am PST January 17, 2005
FORT WORTH, Texas -- Here is proof that cats really have nine lives.

One cold morning while in the backyard of a Nebraska homeowner Ruth
Bogenreif, a cat was taking a drink out of a heated bird bath.
Something apparently startled the cat and she jumped, wet paws and all,
onto a chain link fence.

(Images: Frozen Cat Has Nine Lives)

In freezing temperatures, the cats small feet froze instantly to the
metal.
"He was hanging with his paws froze to the fence. His head, the back
of his neck, was in the water," said Bogenreif.
Using warm water, Bogenreif and her grandchildren freed the cat from
the metal and then turned it over to the local shelter.
"She's not walking well on her right leg, we're assuming muscle
paralysis at this point. Hopefully she'll be getting better as the
swelling goes down," said Pam Wiese with the Humane Society.
Copyright 2005 by NBC4.tv. All rights reserved.

Old January 17th 05, 06:25 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

Poor kitty =/

This has to fall in the category of "news of the weird," too.

On 2005-01-17, Gennie penned:

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 17th 05, 06:37 PM
Gabey8

Poor little kitty!

Or I hope I can say, LUCKY little kitty. First of all, there were some
humans on hand to help her out of her predicament. Second, this story is
sure to prompt calls to the shelter from people asking to adopt the cat.
Or, if she was a lost cat, I hope they'll get a call from the cat's owners
who've seen her on the news and want to reclaim her from the shelter.

I also hope that anyone who calls the shelter, in the hopes of adopting
this cat, decides to adopt another one instead if they aren't able to
adopt the cat from the news story. If that happens, EVERYBODY wins.

Donna, with cat shelters on the brain as the process moves forward for my
adoption of two kitties from the local animal refuge

Old January 17th 05, 08:30 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Gennie at
wrote on 1/17/05 11:14AM:

[...]

Poor poor kitty!! I wonder what town this was in. Poor baby. I hope it
recovers.

Old January 17th 05, 10:52 PM
Karen

here is a link with an extensive video:

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/1352961.html

oups.com...

Old February 11th 08, 07:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
annabogenreif

this happened in omaha. i was the one that got freed the cat from the
fence. all of the local stations covered it.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutpets.com/group/r...ats.anecdotes/
More information at http://www.talkaboutpets.com/faq.html

Old February 12th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Feb 11, 1:42*am, "annabogenreif" wrote:
this happened in omaha. i was the one that got freed the cat from the
fence. all of the local stations covered it.

--
Message posted usinghttp://www.talkaboutpets.com/group/rec.pets.cats.anecdotes/
More information athttp://www.talkaboutpets.com/faq.html

Thank you for saving the little guy. Any word on how he is doing?

Pam S. grateful for the good people