Poor Francis: Poor Me

Old July 26th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Poor Francis: Poor Me

Purrs for both of you to heal quickly with no complications.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

"wafflycat" wrote in message
Poor Francis. He has turned into a man-eater. Specifically he's a
meowmie-eater.

Poor cat. I've just had him to the vet on an emergency visit. Francis has
been fine, but noticed this afternoon, he was walking with his tail *down*
and he would not let anyone near his tail to investigate. Looked like a
broken tail. I rang the vet, described Francis's symptoms. Vet agreed
either a possible broken tail or an abscess.

So I bundled one upset and sore cat into a carrier & took him off to the
vet. Francis cried on the trip there, poor boy. The vet was Mr Kennedy,
who is a very good, caring vet. In the exam room, I held the end of
Francis with the teeth, Mr Kennedy examined to sore end.

To be fair to Francis, and to Mr Kennedy - Mr K was trying to be as gentle
as he could be but unfortunately Francis did not appreciate this *at all*
Francis gave due warning: several times, long and loud. Hissing, spitting,
growling, it all came long & loud. Alas, when he'd had enough, it was my
hand he chewed down on. And boy, can Francis chew down hard. So I have
several deep bite marks in my right hand. These have been washed
thoroughly and had much alcohol on and in them, so I'm hoping there's
nothing nasty going to fester. My hand is a tad swollen though.

Francis now has a tail with a large bald patch on it and has had an
injection of long-lasting antibiotic and painkiller.

He's looking a bit perkier already.

Old July 27th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wafflycat wrote:

Poor Francis. He has turned into a man-eater. Specifically he's a
meowmie-eater.

Poor cat. I've just had him to the vet on an emergency visit. Francis has
been fine, but noticed this afternoon, he was walking with his tail *down*
and he would not let anyone near his tail to investigate. Looked like a
broken tail. I rang the vet, described Francis's symptoms. Vet agreed either
a possible broken tail or an abscess.

[snip, for space only]

...unfortunately Francis did not appreciate this *at all*
Francis gave due warning: several times, long and loud. Hissing, spitting,
growling, it all came long & loud. Alas, when he'd had enough, it was my
hand he chewed down on. And boy, can Francis chew down hard. So I have
several deep bite marks in my right hand. These have been washed thoroughly
and had much alcohol on and in them, so I'm hoping there's nothing nasty
going to fester. My hand is a tad swollen though.

Poor Francis! I hope his tail owie clears up soon. If the antibiotics
don't do the trick, what's next? X-rays, I guess? Purrs for his tail.
I wonder what happened - was it pecked by a chicken beak, perhaps? Is
he a henpecked kitty?

And purrs for you, too, and your sore hand! I know that you know what
to do if it starts to look infected, but I hope you won't have to.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 27th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

wafflycat wrote:

He's looking a bit perkier already.

In self-defense, maybe? Purrs coming for Francis' hind end and for your
hand.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old July 27th 08, 09:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

wrote in message

Poor Francis! I hope his tail owie clears up soon. If the antibiotics
don't do the trick, what's next? X-rays, I guess? Purrs for his tail.
I wonder what happened - was it pecked by a chicken beak, perhaps? Is
he a henpecked kitty?

No, not hen. It's a definite deep bite

And purrs for you, too, and your sore hand! I know that you know what
to do if it starts to look infected, but I hope you won't have to.

Aye. It's sore this morning, but it's a soreness from a deep bruising I
feel. It's not hot and aching with infection. But I am keeping a close eye
on it.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 27th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

Aye. It's sore this morning, but it's a soreness from a deep bruising I
feel. It's not hot and aching with infection. But I am keeping a close eye
on it.

Ah well... it has developed an infection. So I've cleaned it and drained it
and will be off to the doc in the morning.

Old July 27th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"wafflycat" wrote in message

Aye. It's sore this morning, but it's a soreness from a deep bruising I
feel. It's not hot and aching with infection. But I am keeping a close
eye on it.

Ah well... it has developed an infection. So I've cleaned it and drained
it and will be off to the doc in the morning.

Ouch. Healing purrs for both of you coming up.

Tweed

Old July 27th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"wafflycat" wrote in message

Aye. It's sore this morning, but it's a soreness from a deep bruising I
feel. It's not hot and aching with infection. But I am keeping a close
eye on it.

Ah well... it has developed an infection. So I've cleaned it and drained
it and will be off to the doc in the morning.

Ouch. Healing purrs for both of you coming up.

Tweed

Ta. As Francis's tail has much reduced in inflammation & nastiness, perhaps
I should phone the vet and ask him for the same jab he gave Francis
yesterday ;-)

Old July 28th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda[_3_]

wafflycat wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"wafflycat" wrote in message

Aye. It's sore this morning, but it's a soreness from a deep
bruising I feel. It's not hot and aching with infection. But I am
keeping a close eye on it.

Ah well... it has developed an infection. So I've cleaned it and
drained it and will be off to the doc in the morning.

Ouch. Healing purrs for both of you coming up.

Tweed

Ta. As Francis's tail has much reduced in inflammation & nastiness,
perhaps I should phone the vet and ask him for the same jab he gave
Francis yesterday ;-)

No, don't do that! He will lift your tail.

Hope both of you feel better soon,

Rhonda

Old July 28th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wafflycat wrote:

Aye. It's sore this morning, but it's a soreness from a deep bruising I
feel. It's not hot and aching with infection. But I am keeping a close eye
on it.

Ah well... it has developed an infection. So I've cleaned it and drained it
and will be off to the doc in the morning.

Oh, sorry to hear that. Hope it gets better soon.

Purrs,

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 28th 08, 10:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:

Aye. It's sore this morning, but it's a soreness from a deep bruising I
feel. It's not hot and aching with infection. But I am keeping a close
eye
on it.

Ah well... it has developed an infection. So I've cleaned it and drained
it
and will be off to the doc in the morning.

Oh, sorry to hear that. Hope it gets better soon.

Purrs,

Got back from the human-TED. Had a tetanus jab and got a week's supply of
antibiotic.

funny pictu that poor poor kitty Nadia N. Cat anecdotes 11 June 1st 08 06:17 AM
Poor Imp Mischief Cat anecdotes 2 February 12th 08 10:48 PM
Poor Dan ... Mary Cat health & behaviour 6 July 11th 05 04:45 PM
Poor, poor Buster Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 17 September 11th 04 11:33 PM
Poor Francis dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 4 December 1st 03 04:01 AM