the latest on Floki

Old August 25th 19, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

Default the latest on Floki

Floki's latest trick is climbing up the kitchen cabinets using the
drawer handles as a ladder. He doesn't get up on the countertops
thankfully, but he's worked out that he can see what I'm doing if he
stands on the lowest handle and grabs onto the top one with his front
paws. I think I'm going to have to persuade him out of the habit though,
as he's getting quite big now and I suspect the drawer handles won't
hold up in the long run.
He's really at least nine-tenths of a cat now, not a kitten any more.
Old August 25th 19, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/25/2019 10:28 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
Floki's latest trick is climbing up the kitchen cabinets using the
drawer handles as a ladder. He doesn't get up on the countertops
thankfully, but he's worked out that he can see what I'm doing if he
stands on the lowest handle and grabs onto the top one with his front
paws. I think I'm going to have to persuade him out of the habit though,
as he's getting quite big now and I suspect the drawer handles won't
hold up in the long run.
He's really at least nine-tenths of a cat now, not a kitten any more.

Oh dear! I feel (fear?) for you. I'm fortunate in that Buffy (who is a
rather heavy cat) is not a climber. I'd have to be concerned about her
hurting herself if she could get up on the counter while I'm chopping
vegetables or anywhere near the stove when I'm cooking. She tends to
stay out of the kitchen, which is a good thing.

Hopefully you can persuade Floki not to keep climbing and messing up the
the drawer handles.

I've never had a kitten but it sounds like you're entering the "teenage"
stage. Good luck!

Jill

Old August 27th 19, 01:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2019-08-27 8:47 a.m., Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
Helen Wheels wrote:
Floki's latest trick is climbing up the kitchen cabinets using the
drawer handles as a ladder. He doesn't get up on the countertops
thankfully, but he's worked out that he can see what I'm doing if he
stands on the lowest handle and grabs onto the top one with his front
paws. I think I'm going to have to persuade him out of the habit though,
as he's getting quite big now and I suspect the drawer handles won't
hold up in the long run.
He's really at least nine-tenths of a cat now, not a kitten any more.

He's obviously cleverly working things out and what he can do to get where
he wants. Still, you've got to love that last one tenth kitten.

It was a great relief for the humans when Mandy (RB) finally realized
she was too big to do kittenish things like climbing the drapes and (NOT
a favourite), leaping halfway up the back of a human, and then climbing
up to the shoulder so she could see what the human was doing. Or had
been doing, before the distraction of having a half-grown cat climb up
their back, claws and all.

--
Cheryl
Old August 28th 19, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

On 25/08/2019 11:25 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I hope he'll grow out of that particular climbing habit, but he does
tend to climb more than jump. He might not need to climb the drawers by
the time he finishes growing as he can almost reach the countertop with
his back paws on the floor already. But he seems to be learning slowly
that my food is not really that interesting to him as I don't eat meat
myself.
Old August 28th 19, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

On 27/08/2019 7:17 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In ,
Helen wrote:
Floki's latest trick is climbing up the kitchen cabinets using the
drawer handles as a ladder. He doesn't get up on the countertops
thankfully, but he's worked out that he can see what I'm doing if he
stands on the lowest handle and grabs onto the top one with his front
paws. I think I'm going to have to persuade him out of the habit though,
as he's getting quite big now and I suspect the drawer handles won't
hold up in the long run.
He's really at least nine-tenths of a cat now, not a kitten any more.

He's obviously cleverly working things out and what he can do to get where
he wants. Still, you've got to love that last one tenth kitten.

Judith

Always! I think he's still coping with the long term effects of the
snake bite, which makes his back legs a bit weaker than they would have
been otherwise. He may always be a climber rather than a jumper.

Floki is getting very grabby Helen Wheels Cat anecdotes 2 July 4th 19 05:20 PM
KFC latest Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 19 February 1st 09 02:53 AM
Latest on KFC Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 21 June 22nd 08 03:14 AM
The latest fad wafflycat Cat anecdotes 9 November 30th 05 01:42 AM
B & C - Latest! Bev Cat anecdotes 8 October 9th 04 06:25 PM