Relapse/bad news

Old November 10th 09, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FirstHit

Default Relapse/bad news update

On Nov 9, 6:16*pm, "Kelly Greene" wrote:
"dgk" wrote in message

Oh, I just hate reading this but thanks for posting anyway. Sometimes
you wonder if you waited too long to put them out of their misery but
whatever is going on with this cat is just too much. At least you
won't have that internal debate. Purrs however it goes.

I had a good cry and we took her. We knew it was the right thing. She seemed
to be in a daze, unaware of what was going on. *Her rear legs were
stiffening, getting paralyzed. *They treated her with total respect and I
know tonight she's in a better place. Her suffering is over. *I think my
husband and I both knew there was no hope for her some time back, but wanted
her to have a chance. *But from the end of one's life came life for two
more.

We went over to look at the cats and kittens in the adoption section. My
heart broke for them. We adopted two little girl kitties. *One is a 6 wk old
brown tabby Main Coon fuzzy type, just weaned, and the other a gray mottled
with white 4 month old American Shorthair kitty. *The little one is Phaedra
and the larger Zephyr. Zephyr is a total lap cat. Phaedra is too young yet
to seek much attention and just wants to run around and play with her toys
and "attack" Zephyr. Zephyr uses the poor little thing like a toy but little
Phaedra loves it. *What a pair. :-)

Phaedra finally fell asleep in the laundry I was about to wash, so I left
her there. I can do the laundry tomorrow. Zephyr, her little "play toy"
sleeping, was going back and forth from my husband to myself... from one lap
to another. *She finally settled down on one of the chairs near my desk and
is grooming her beautiful coat. *:-)

Sorry things didn't turn out better, but you did your best and went
all out for the poor kitty, and you can be happy about what you did
for her. It will all be worth it when you meet again.

Adopting the two kitties was a wonderful thing. I wish the kitties
many years of health. You and the kitties deserve that!

FirstHit
Old November 10th 09, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

Default Relapse/bad news

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

I don't think she was checked for that since it doesn't cause tight

curling
to one side and loss of balance. The curling to one side is her main

issue.

Ventral flexion of the neck is one of the clinical signs of
hyperthyroidism.
Your cat is displaying several clinical signs of hyperthyroidism. If I
were
you I'd order a T-4 test. Its only $40.

She was twisted to the left in a tight curl and could only move in a curled
direction. After she suffered a seizure (she may have had several that
night) and lost control of her bladder and bowels, went into a daze and
could no longer swallow, we had her mercifully euthanized. Enough was
enough already. She's not suffering anymore.

Had it been a thyroid problem, the Pred' would not have made the difference
it did the fist two times.

Old November 10th 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"FirstHit" wrote in message

Adopting the two kitties was a wonderful thing. I wish the kitties
many years of health. You and the kitties deserve that!

FirstHit

We're leaving for the vet in a few minutes for a complete exam, have fecals
run ... whatever. These little girls, one nearing the end of her "time" at
the shelter, will be much loved and get the best care we can afford for
them.

Old November 10th 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message

"FirstHit" wrote in message
On Nov 9, 12:58 am, "Kelly Greene" wrote:

She's still very bad. There's been no improvement at all. I'll call the
vet tomorrow and see what she recommends now. This whole thing is

getting
extremely depressing for us. This past month has been the worst we've

had
in years. Like us humans, not all cats born are destined to live long
healthy lives. I think it's time we let her go....... :*(

Sorry to hear. I can imagine how depressing this is.

FirstHit

We're waiting for the vet to call us back but that's really futile. We

plan
to take her to the shelter in a nearby town this afternoon that humanely
puts them to sleep. She's losing control of her bladder now. She appeared

have a seizure last night and it's clear she's in utter misery and most
likely pain. To prolong the inevitable would be cruel, both to her and

us.

I'm sorry I didn't read your post before I replied.

In light of the latest developments, I think you're giving her the
greatest
gift of all.

My condolences,

Phil

Thank you...... I still get teary eyed....... :*(

Old November 11th 09, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
I am very sorry Kelly

Thank you Matthew, it was a very emotionally painful experience to see her
fail despite our efforts. :*(

Old November 11th 09, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"Noon Cat Nick" wrote in message
Kelly Greene wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message

When humans die, they make a will
To leave their homes, and all they
Have to those they love.

I too would make a will, if I could write.
To some poor, wistful, lonely stray
I'd leave my happy home,
My dish, my cozy bed, my cushioned chair, my toy,
The well-loved lap,
The gently stroking hand,
The loving voice,
The place I made in someone's heart,
The love, that at the last
Could help me to a peaceful, painless end
Held in loving arms.

If I should die,
Oh! Do not say:
"No more a pet I'll have
To grieve me by its loss."
Seek out some lonely, unloved cat
And give my place to him.
This is my legacy,
The love I leave behind,
'Tis all I have to give.

--Margaret Trowton

~~~~~~~~
Respectful brevity snip.

Thank you Noon, your post was very moving. I truly appreciate it. I'm
taking Lucky's loss harder than I should. :*(

Old November 11th 09, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Patty Jo

Default Relapse/bad news update/Kelly

This has always comforted me in these kinds of situations. I hope it
will also bring peace and closure to you:
LETTER FROM LUCKY

http://www.wtv-zone.com/nywoman/PAGES/PAGE30.html

Old November 11th 09, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"Patty Jo" wrote in message
This has always comforted me in these kinds of situations. I hope it
will also bring peace and closure to you:
LETTER FROM LUCKY

http://www.wtv-zone.com/nywoman/PAGES/PAGE30.html

That was lovely, thank you.