Member of the jury? (*not* OT)

Old January 9th 10, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Member of the jury? (*not* OT)

Meet Sal Esposito, summoned for jury duty. The jury commissioner denied a
request for exemption of service.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

MaryL

Old January 9th 10, 08:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MaryL wrote:

Meet Sal Esposito, summoned for jury duty. The jury commissioner
denied a request for exemption of service.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

Only in Massachusetts. The state bureaucracy is the most disorganized
and dysfunctional I've ever seen.

And you only get called to jury duty once every 3 years? Actually, I
don't think I was ever called. Here in California, I'm called every
single year, like clockwork.

I love the Roxy/Caliban style kitty!

Joyce

--
What I look forward to, is continued immaturity, followed by death.
-- Dave Barry
Old January 9th 10, 10:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article ,
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

Meet Sal Esposito, summoned for jury duty. The jury commissioner denied a
request for exemption of service.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

Ya gotta love red tape!

Baird

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is. -Yogi Berra
Old January 9th 10, 11:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

MaryL wrote:
Meet Sal Esposito, summoned for jury duty. The jury commissioner denied
a request for exemption of service.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

MaryL

Thanks for giving me a good laugh.

Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old January 9th 10, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Native

wrote in message
MaryL wrote:

Meet Sal Esposito, summoned for jury duty. The jury commissioner
denied a request for exemption of service.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

Only in Massachusetts. The state bureaucracy is the most disorganized
and dysfunctional I've ever seen.

What else would you expect from the home of Barney Frank?

snipped

Old January 9th 10, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joe Dee

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 23:10:46 -0500, MaryL wrote
(in article ):

Meet Sal Esposito, summoned for jury duty. The jury commissioner denied a
request for exemption of service.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

MaryL

Good old Easta Bost'
I remember it well.

--
Ketzl's Dad

Old January 9th 10, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

. ..
Meet Sal Esposito, summoned for jury duty. The jury commissioner denied a
request for exemption of service.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

MaryL

That's too funny! A woman I work with has been called to Jury Duty and
she'll be thrilled to hear about this! LOL

Jill

Old January 9th 10, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

. ..
Meet Sal Esposito, summoned for jury duty. The jury commissioner denied a
request for exemption of service.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

MaryL

I posted this "information" to two newsgroups. One of the clever members of
the other NG suggested that Sal should gain exemption by enrolling as a
student. She also posted a link to this site to illustrate a cat that
really did earn a diploma (online diploma mill, of course):
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32420644

MaryL

Old January 9th 10, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

MaryL wrote:

. ..
Meet Sal Esposito, summoned for jury duty. The jury commissioner
denied a request for exemption of service.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

MaryL

I posted this "information" to two newsgroups. One of the clever
members of the other NG suggested that Sal should gain exemption by
enrolling as a student. She also posted a link to this site to
illustrate a cat that really did earn a diploma (online diploma mill, of
course): http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32420644

MaryL

Surely Sal is under 18 years old, therefore I would have thought
ineligible for jury service. That would certainly be the case in the UK.

Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old January 9th 10, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
MaryL wrote:

. ..
Meet Sal Esposito, summoned for jury duty. The jury commissioner denied
a request for exemption of service.
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

MaryL

I posted this "information" to two newsgroups. One of the clever members
of the other NG suggested that Sal should gain exemption by enrolling as
a student. She also posted a link to this site to illustrate a cat that
really did earn a diploma (online diploma mill, of course):
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32420644

MaryL

Surely Sal is under 18 years old, therefore I would have thought
ineligible for jury service. That would certainly be the case in the UK.

Cats leave pawprints on your heart

It should be a disqualification here, too. Of course, if logic applied
(which it apparently did not), being a feline instead of homo sapiens should
also disqualify Sal.

MaryL

Hung Jury Julie and Sam Cat anecdotes 10 December 18th 06 02:47 AM
Purrs for a Jury, please Julie and Sam Cat anecdotes 42 December 17th 06 08:25 PM
Very OT - Jury duty, day 8 Dan M Cat anecdotes 11 April 24th 06 12:48 AM
Jury Duty Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 6 December 14th 05 10:56 PM
Jury Duty Yoj Cat anecdotes 0 December 13th 05 07:34 AM