Delicate question re kneading

Old January 11th 10, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

Default Delicate question re kneading

Boyfriend has always kneaded when he gets on my knee, it seems essential to
him before he can settle down.
However, in the past few months his demeanour has changed whilst he's doing
it. His ears went slightly back and a strange far-away look came into his
eyes which were slightly slitted. I began to think it might be sexual.

Now when he kneads he presses his nether regions down into my lap and by the
motion of his hips...well, my question is - do cats masturbate?

Tweed

Old January 11th 10, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Boyfriend has always kneaded when he gets on my knee, it seems essential
to him before he can settle down.
However, in the past few months his demeanour has changed whilst he's
doing it. His ears went slightly back and a strange far-away look came
into his eyes which were slightly slitted. I began to think it might be
sexual.

Now when he kneads he presses his nether regions down into my lap and by
the motion of his hips...well, my question is - do cats masturbate?

Tweed

Sounds like he might be "humping" (what ill-mannered male dogs sometimes do
to your leg)... in a neutered tom, it's a way of expressing dominance. I
have a 16-year-old NT that humps blankets before settling down. He also
tends to bite/hold the blanket in his teeth while doing so.

Old January 11th 10, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

his behavoir when added up seems to be security driven, since kfc has gone
on he is demanding of you and displaying tom like actions, since he is
snipped we know that isn't it, since you feed him well and vet him his
general health isn't it so i am only left with he is insecure ... not sure
what you can do about it, but i think if it were me i might have a consult
with a behavoirist, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

Old January 11th 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
Boyfriend has always kneaded when he gets on my knee, it seems essential to
him before he can settle down.
However, in the past few months his demeanour has changed whilst he's doing
it. His ears went slightly back and a strange far-away look came into his
eyes which were slightly slitted. I began to think it might be sexual.

Now when he kneads he presses his nether regions down into my lap and by the
motion of his hips...well, my question is - do cats masturbate?

Tweed

IMHO neutering takes away the ability but not the urge.

He loves you. Best wishes. MLB

Old January 11th 10, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Boyfriend has always kneaded when he gets on my knee, it seems essential
to him before he can settle down.
However, in the past few months his demeanour has changed whilst he's
doing it. His ears went slightly back and a strange far-away look came
into his eyes which were slightly slitted. I began to think it might be
sexual.

Now when he kneads he presses his nether regions down into my lap and by
the motion of his hips...well, my question is - do cats masturbate?

Tweed

Sounds like he might be "humping" (what ill-mannered male dogs sometimes
do to your leg)... in a neutered tom, it's a way of expressing dominance.
I have a 16-year-old NT that humps blankets before settling down. He also
tends to bite/hold the blanket in his teeth while doing so.

So what should I do? Should I push him off my lap when he does it - I don't
want him to establish any sort of dominance (but this sounds strange as he
isn't a dominant sort of cat) or just let him do it?
If I push him off he'll never get any lap time as he does it every time now.
If he humped blankets that would be OK, when he humps my lap, not sure.
Not because I am prudish, but I wonder why he's started to do it, moved on
from kneading to this.
Tweed

Tweed

Old January 11th 10, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

Christina Websell wrote:
Boyfriend has always kneaded when he gets on my knee, it seems essential to
him before he can settle down.
However, in the past few months his demeanour has changed whilst he's doing
it. His ears went slightly back and a strange far-away look came into his
eyes which were slightly slitted. I began to think it might be sexual.

Now when he kneads he presses his nether regions down into my lap and by the
motion of his hips...well, my question is - do cats masturbate?

Tweed

I don't think they do, exactly - female cats are only sexually
responsive when in heat, and neutered male cats aren't sexually
responsive at all.

But some cats do seem to keep some of the actions involved in sex after
neutering, and use them as a way to relate to people, or other cats.
female cats stick their backsides up in the air, and so on.

There's a possibility that the neutering might not have been 100%, but
it's very unlikely and anyway you would surely have noticed before now
if Boyfriend was still getting sexual urges due to high hormone levels.

--
Cheryl
Old January 11th 10, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Jan 11, 12:28*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Boyfriend has always kneaded when he gets on my knee, it seems essential to
him before he can settle down.
However, in the past few months his demeanour has changed whilst he's doing
it. *His ears went slightly back and a strange far-away look came into his
eyes which were slightly slitted. *I began to think it might be sexual.

Now when he kneads he presses his nether regions down into my lap and by the
motion of his hips...well, my question is - do cats masturbate?

Stosh has done this since the first week we had him. He was beaten on
before we rescued him, and I really think his issue is less dominance
and more security, or lack thereof. He's very much an alpha he-cat, at
least on the surface. He spooks easily though, and if something upsets
the balance he establishes for himself he can get very agitated. Stosh
will take the blanket in his mouth, and his ears are slightly pinned
back; his expression looks more like hard concentration to me. He will
either stamp his back paws on me, or push his tuchas into my gut, but
these behaviors I see when he wrestles with Brandy. He doesn't try to
get kinky with Mama. Well, he did, shortly before he was neutered, but
the ill-mannered horny humping stopped after that.

Stosh does not do this with Louie; but then he doesn't headbutt me,
and that's his morning ritual with my husband. Stosh also responds if
I tell him to get off the shelf or stop rolling around in the sheets
when we make the bed. For Louie, he doesn't listen.

Blessed be,
Baha
Old January 11th 10, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

wrote:
Boyfriend has always kneaded when he gets on my knee, it seems essential to
him before he can settle down.

But I like to think Boyfie loves his Mama, like Stosh loves me!

Blessed be,
Baha
Old January 11th 10, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep[_4_]

[...]

Not sure. With any of ours, if they do that, we can "force" them to lie
(lay?)down by flopping them over on their side & giving them skritchins....
sometimes I can flip them over onto their backs and I cuddle them like a
baby, rubbing their belly and tickling their toes, telling them that they
have "cute widdle pinkie toesies and a cute widdle pinkie nosie" or whatever
fits the specific cat. Either way, it lets them know that *I* am the boss,
and they either take it and settle down or squirm away to go lay down
nearby, to come back to me later (sans "humping").

Old January 11th 10, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

wrote:
Boyfriend has always kneaded when he gets on my knee, it seems essential
him before he can settle down.

But I like to think Boyfie loves his Mama, like Stosh loves me!

Blessed be,
Baha
------
Yes, he loves me, I love him but I'd prefer him not to, er, pleasure himself
on my knee.
So what to do?
Knock him off when he does it, or what? Seems harsh as I spent years
getting him brave enough to get on my knee at all.
Tweed