Supervision explained

Old February 22nd 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Default Supervision explained

Some of you may have noticed that my sig line varies between "closely
supervised by Mistletoe" and just "supervised by Mistletoe". There is a
sometimes painful difference.

My computer table is laid out (left-to-right) with monitor/keyboard,
telephone, blank spot, processor mid-tower, printer. Over the blank
spot is a swing-arm desk lamp with a radiant heat bulb in it. Under the
lamp is a stack of (a) doubled-up fake sheepskin and (b) a bath sheet
folded in eighths. The stack measures about 1.5 inches thick and is
quite soft.

It is not possible for me to go to the computer table without Mistletoe
tagging along. Should I dare to place anything (like work) on her pad,
the most plaintive cries are inflicted upon me (Pop, that's MY spot).

"Supervised" means that Missy is in her spot under the heat lamp
snoozing peacefully or just lounging. "Closely supervised" means that
Missy has decided that she hasn't been paid the appropriate amount of
attention and has climbed up on my left arm and laid (or is it lain?)
down leaning up against my chest. The painful part of the difference is
that when she climbs up, she puts out the claws and hangs on. Not so
bad in the winter when I can always throw on a sweatshirt, but in the
summer when a Tshirt is the normal attire, yeow!

I'm sure the supervision rule has been written down somewhere but I
don't know where.

Sam, back to being supervised by Mistletoe
Old February 22nd 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

sam wrote:
I'm sure the supervision rule has been written down somewhere but I
don't know where.

Sam, back to being supervised by Mistletoe

ah, that explains it. i knew she had her own spot on your desk, but i
wasn't aware that she needed to supervise you more cloely at times. *smile*

Old February 22nd 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"sam" wrote in message
[...]

Ah, but see, those claws in your arm is the secret... somewhere there is a
contract, signed with your blood, that gives her discretionary supervisory
authority over you. Be afraid, Sam, be very afraid! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped