Puschel 27.10.2008

Old October 28th 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Default Puschel 27.10.2008

Our Puschel started her journey to the bridge on 27.10.2008. Our old
lady with an ego, which was bigger than our house.

Some of you certainly remember my post of June 2007, when I reported,
that our Puschel returned home after beeing away for 6 years. We were
worried, that she wouldn't get used to the rest of the gang and that
she might live for the rest of her life in our guestroom. Well, all
our worries vanished like mist in the sun. Quite soon she took over
the house and ruled over the other cats and, of course, us. With her
enormous voice she hissed and growled everything away that came into
her path. Our other persians learned quite fast: Hey, we have to be
careful not to come into her way! The only one, who wasn't hissed away
was She. We always had the feeling, that Puschel remembered her from
her earlier life with us.

Puschel got used to call us at any day- or nighttime. Therefor she
alway found the spot with the best accoustic. When we answered her,
she would stop for a while.

Begin of July this year our Puschel suddenly suffered from ataxy. We
thought, she would not survive because together with heavy disturbance
of equilibrium came a missing swallowing reflex:-( TED gave her
cortisone and vitamin B and after 3 days she could eat and drink
again. The cortisone reduced the swelling of her brain so she could
walk again, almost without falling after each step.

All of us were quite surprised how well she recovered. Once a day a
little cortison-pill, which was no problem because madame liked it in
chocolate. Every 3 weeks she got a vitamin B shot because she didn't
like the pills - even not in chocolate.

Since her illness Puschel was very close to us and even slept with us
in bed. To the other cats she became milder and only hissed, when
someone dared to come to close.

Last thursday she must have had another stroke:'( All efforts of the
vet (ours had a day off that day) were without avail. She stopped
eating, only went to her litterbox and to drink - nothing mo'( On
friday we visited our vet without Puschel to have his oppinion. He
suggested that we come back with Puschel so she could have a higher
dose of cortison and vitamin B. He said that we should wait with our
final decission until monday. He remembered us of the fact, that
Puschel recovered from the first stroke so nicely. But then he said,
that he would visit us at home on monday to help her to the bridge if
necessary.

It hurt to see our Puschel that helpless. On saturday evening the glow
in her eyes faded and we knew that she had given up. And because she
was such a delicate little cat, she had no reserve to survive a few
days without food.

This morning we called our vet and at 11:00 he helped our sweet little
Puschel to her last big adventure. She was about 16 years old.

We went into our garden to find her final resting place. In a corner
of our garden we have a group of 6 Rhododendrons. On one of them there
was a single white blossom! End of October! Now we knew, where
Puschel's resting place had to be.

Again the world has lost a little sunshine:'( Misses Puschlowski, you
enriched our lives and you will be unforgotten forever. The last 4
month with you were despite your illness exceptionally wonderful.

In Love your humans
Inge & Volker

P.S.Here we have Puschel's stories and pictures.
http://www.gwsystems.com/inge/katzen/regenbogen/unsere/e_puschelt.shtml
Please scoll down the page and use the text-links.

--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old October 28th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David

"Inge Grotjahn" wrote in message
[...]

I am very sorry. You have done that brave thing that so many of us who love
our feline friends must do.

Puschel sounds like she was a wonderful feline being!

David

Old October 28th 08, 07:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

(((((((Inge & Volker)))))))

I'm so sorry!

Joy

Old October 28th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

Again the world has lost a little sunshine:'( Misses Puschlowski, you
enriched our lives and you will be unforgotten forever. The last 4 month
with you were despite your illness exceptionally wonderful.

In Love your humans
Inge & Volker

I am so very sorry, Inge. Puschel sounds like a wonderful kitty lady, and
I'm sure she will be warmly greeted at the Rainbow Bridge.

We are sending our purrs for your hearts to heal.

Dan
Old October 28th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

I am so sorry for for the loss of your precious Puschel
She had a wonderful life with you and it is so sad when a beloved
kitty goes to The Bridge.
Bless your poor broken hearts.
(((((((((((Inge)))))))) and family.
Love
Kyla

"Inge Grotjahn" ...

Old October 28th 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Inge Grotjahn wrote:
[...]

",,,Rise up slowly, Angel..." It
s hard to let you go. Sincere condolences. MLB
Old October 28th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

I"m so so sorry, Inge & Volker. Its so hard to lose any friend, especailly
one that has such a large ersonality and big part of your heart.

Hugs & purrs,

Yowie

[...]

If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old October 28th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Inge Grotjahn wrote:
Our Puschel started her journey to the bridge on 27.10.2008. Our old
lady with an ego, which was bigger than our house.

I'm so very sorry to hear of Puschel's passing.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Pusch

Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 28th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

[...]

This made me cry. I will light a candle for her.

Tweed
sniffling