Some progress (OT)

Old October 16th 05, 10:13 PM
Pat

Default Some progress (OT)

I've spent the best part of two days working on cleaning my kitchen,
starting with washing dishes, pots and pans, and in another two days at this
pace, I'll have done them all (including the ones I use in the meantime) and
be able to start on the counters. That job looks like it will take about a
day and a half. Then I can start on the floor. I figure 2-3 days there (just
in the kitchen). Once the floor is clear and clean, I'll spend a week or so
doing the cupboards and fridge, and wash the windows. Then the kitchen will
be done, and I'll only have spent a little over two weeks on the whole room.

The best part is that clearing the dishes freed up a little more space in
other parts of the house

Now if only I don't run out of energy before I get the rest of the house
done, I'll have cause for celebration before the year is over.

Old October 16th 05, 10:15 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 16:13:03 -0500, "Pat"
yodeled:

I've spent the best part of two days working on cleaning my kitchen,
starting with washing dishes, pots and pans, and in another two days at this
pace, I'll have done them all (including the ones I use in the meantime) and
be able to start on the counters. That job looks like it will take about a
day and a half. Then I can start on the floor. I figure 2-3 days there (just
in the kitchen). Once the floor is clear and clean, I'll spend a week or so
doing the cupboards and fridge, and wash the windows. Then the kitchen will
be done, and I'll only have spent a little over two weeks on the whole room.

The best part is that clearing the dishes freed up a little more space in
other parts of the house

Now if only I don't run out of energy before I get the rest of the house
done, I'll have cause for celebration before the year is over.

You are doing great! Bravo!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old October 16th 05, 10:24 PM
Christina Websell

"Pat" wrote in message
I've spent the best part of two days working on cleaning my kitchen,
starting with washing dishes, pots and pans, and in another two days at
this pace, I'll have done them all (including the ones I use in the
meantime) and be able to start on the counters. That job looks like it
will take about a day and a half. Then I can start on the floor. I figure
2-3 days there (just in the kitchen). Once the floor is clear and clean,
I'll spend a week or so doing the cupboards and fridge, and wash the
windows. Then the kitchen will be done, and I'll only have spent a little
over two weeks on the whole room.

The best part is that clearing the dishes freed up a little more space in
other parts of the house

Now if only I don't run out of energy before I get the rest of the house
done, I'll have cause for celebration before the year is over.

Wow! Well done, Pat. I jet-washed my block-paving drive and path
yesterday. It seemed such a big job I've put it off for three years. And
it was a big job, took 3 hours to do the paving and then I had to jet wash
the lower half of my (white) house after all the muck was thrown up. It's
all done now and it looks great.
I bet you feel the same sense of achievement that I feel.

Tweed

Old October 16th 05, 10:39 PM
Shiral

Good for you, Pat! Keep up the momentum!

Melissa

Old October 16th 05, 10:50 PM
Pat

"Christina Websell" wrote

I bet you feel the same sense of achievement that I feel.

It's pretty hard to feel a sense of accomplishment when almost half your
kitchenware is waiting to be washed, and when the rest of the room is such a
mess that having the dishes etc. all clean hardly shows up in the overall
picture, when you look at the room. But it's at least good to know I did
what I did. The sense of accomplishment is still at least a week away. At
that time there will be a noticeable difference when looking at the room

Old October 16th 05, 11:01 PM
Christina Websell

"Pat" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote

I bet you feel the same sense of achievement that I feel.

It's pretty hard to feel a sense of accomplishment when almost half your
kitchenware is waiting to be washed, and when the rest of the room is such
a mess that having the dishes etc. all clean hardly shows up in the
overall picture, when you look at the room. But it's at least good to know
I did what I did. The sense of accomplishment is still at least a week
away. At that time there will be a noticeable difference when looking at
the room

I think you are being a bit too hard on yourself. You have made a start and
a week or so ago you were too discouraged even to do this. So, whether you
agree or not, I think you did good, and it's an achievement. So
there....raspberry noise ;-)

Tweed

Old October 16th 05, 11:24 PM
Pat

"Christina Websell" wrote

I think you are being a bit too hard on yourself. You have made a start
and a week or so ago you were too discouraged even to do this. So,
whether you agree or not, I think you did good, and it's an achievement.
So there....raspberry noise ;-)

It's usually at about this stage that I give up the effort as hopeless. How
would you feel after two solid days of dishwashing, and you're almost half
finished with *just* the dishes, which is about 10% of the job of cleaning
the whole room. It takes me an entire day to scrub the top of the stove
alone. I hate that day because it means I can't do any cooking, not even a
pot of tea or warming up leftovers. The top of the stove has to soak in the
bathtub overnight before I can even start on it. And although my freezer
won't keep food frozen, it still accumulates frost. Gallons of it. Within a
month it has a chunk of ice built up that's bigger than any loaf of bread
you've ever seen. I just don't get it....

..

Old October 17th 05, 12:57 AM
Pamela Shirk

"Pat" wrote in message
I've spent the best part of two days working on cleaning my kitchen,
starting with washing dishes, pots and pans, and in another two days at
this pace, I'll have done them all (including the ones I use in the
meantime) and be able to start on the counters. That job looks like it
will take about a day and a half. Then I can start on the floor. I figure
2-3 days there (just in the kitchen). Once the floor is clear and clean,
I'll spend a week or so doing the cupboards and fridge, and wash the
windows. Then the kitchen will be done, and I'll only have spent a little
over two weeks on the whole room.

You GO girl. You'll make it. Just one dish at a time. One picked up item,
one swipe across the counter, and so forth. If I keep telling myself that,
maybe I'll believe it too.

Pam S.

Old October 17th 05, 01:37 AM
meee

"Pat" wrote in message
[...]

Go for it pat!!! I'm so happy for you, sounds like you are doing really
well. please don't push yourself too much tough, ore else you'll wear out
and be back to square one. and make sure you are getting enough sleep

Old October 17th 05, 01:39 AM
meee

--

"Pat" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote

[...]

.

with your fridge pat, have you thought of getting the seals replaced? it
will improve efficiency and antiu frosting too.