Progress!

Old October 16th 04, 03:04 PM
Singh

Default Progress!

Well, Odessa and I are starting to communicate. And what a little
potty-mouth! A girl right after Mama's heart!

"Good morning, sweetheart. Is that my little Odessa looking so pretty in
the closet?"
"HISSSSSSS!!!"
"Won't you come out for Mama?"
"HISSSSSSS!!!"
"What a pretty girl Odessa is. Won't you model your lovely fur coat for
me?"
"HISSSSSSS!!!"

I did get to reach under the desk (where she was sitting a moment,
rather than behind the desk where she's been hiding) and touch her butt,
give her a tiny pet before she ran behind the desk, where she remains.
She's going to take work, this little princess, but Mama's not giving up
on her. The poor thing has been through so much and so many homes and no
one seems to want her. Well I do, damn it. She was perfectly nice in the
shop, but then she's used to that place. She must still be scared out of
her mind in all this newness.

In the meantime, does anyone know a website where i can get all the good
Russian cusswords so I'll know what she's saying? :-P

Blessed be,
Baha

Old October 16th 04, 03:56 PM
Susan M

Awww - I'm sure she'll be a love bug in no time ... the poor thing has had
such a confusing time before finding her One True Home. I'm very excited
for you and can't wait to read more progress updates!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old October 16th 04, 04:24 PM
Christina Websell

Potty-mouth!! I love that phrase. Awwww, she's just still scared like you
say.
I confidently predict that in two weeks - probably less - she will be acting
just like she did in the shelter.
I won't direct you to a website so you know what she's saying - it's best
that you don't ;-)
It's such a pity that we can't explain to them that it's all for their own
benefit in the end.

Tweed

Old October 16th 04, 05:24 PM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:04:45 -0400, Singh wrote:

[...]

Welcome furbaby! Can you play some soft music for her? Maybe that will
relax her. Best wishes to all. MLB