What is you're favourite breed of cat?

Old December 5th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

Default What is you're favourite breed of cat?

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 19:34:25 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

snip
In other words: I have learned that my favorite color and also the length
of fur is whatever cat I have at the time. They are all beautiful, glorious
creatures. Most important, they are loving, special companions.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

yep, that's what I was getting at when I replied to the OP. My
favorite is whichever one is with me at the moment. And, I've never
had to go out and look for a cat - they've always just shown up and
announced they were moving in.

As an aside, we recently had a visit from representatives of the
corporation which owns this apartment complex. One of the first things
he said to me concerned the cats. Officially this is a 'no pet'
complex, so that was first.

My reply was, yes, but if you check my folder you'll see my cats were
grandfathered in when the complex was bought from the original owners.
after checking said file he came back with, yes but your agreement was
for two cats (LB and Sammy). How many do you have now?

5, and no I'm not getting rid of any.

He went away to think about that for a while, and came back with
"according to city ordinances, the maximum number of pets is three"

So, I was off to visit the city offices to get the facts. He was
partially right, I was over the city limit, but I could have up to
five if they were neutered. (Actually, you can have five, but a city
inspector is supposed to come and to see their living conditions. If
neutered it's a one time visit which costs $50. Intact, they figure
you're breeding them, and it's an annual inspection and you need an
animal handlers license.)

I didn't go into all the details, just came back and told the
representative that while he was right about me being over the limit,
I could easily rectify my cats with the city, and if he wanted to push
it I'd hand in notice and move. (I've actually handed in written
notice a couple times and had one new owner and one new manager come
back and tell me I can stay and keep everyone.)

Strangely, I never heard anything else from him. I suppose it might
have something to do with the reason he was visiting from California -
to fire the then current manager because if the number of vacancies.
I'm used to it now, though, having lived here through three owners and
several managers. Each time, the new person raises the question, and
each time I tell them I'll move rather than give any of them up. I've
been here over ten years (several years longer than the next tenant),
always paying rent on time, and they always decide they'd rather have
me and the cats than take a chance on a new tenant.

--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old December 5th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

My favorite breed of cat is whatever breed happens to be curled up on my
lap at the time

Dan
Old December 5th 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

[...]

One of my biggest fears is getting into a financial bind and not be able to
meet my mortgage payment. Not because *I* might be homeless, but because my
cats might be. It must be almost impossible to find a place to live that
will accept 5 cats - and, like you, I couldn't give up any one of them so
we'd all be living under a bridge somewhere together.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 5th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Dec 4, 9:39*am, "Pat" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote

| I've always loved solid black cats, though I've never had one!
I They're always so sleek and shiny -- like little mini-jaguars.

Hey, Sherry... I've got a mini-jaguar for you. I meant to give him to you in
trade for Billy and Lily. And Lily wishes I had not forgotten to do this.
Now that the price of gas has come down, I can afford to meet you in
Tulsa....

You're scaring me. :-)

Sherry
Old December 5th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Duffy and Holly together: *http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

[...]

Who are they kidding? Tenants like you are *highly* desired by
landlords. If they're
smart, they'll turn a blind eye to the number of cats you have rather
than take the
risk the next tenant might be a party hound deadbeat. Anyway, numbers
are just moot. A
responsible pet owner with five cats is better than an *irresponsible*
owner with just one or two.
Sherry
Old December 5th 08, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Dec 5, 7:23*am, Sherry wrote:

Who are they kidding? Tenants like you are *highly* desired by
landlords. If they're
smart, they'll turn a blind eye to the number of cats you have rather
than take the
risk the next tenant might be a party hound deadbeat. *Anyway, numbers
are just moot. A
responsible pet owner with five cats is better than an *irresponsible*
owner with just one or two.

When my mum was buying her flat she owned up that she would be looking
after my brothers cat for a few months and what did the "no pets"
clause mean? As I suspect we are talking about someone who was
proposing to buy the flat outright there and then, they explained the
clause was so if say someone had some lvicious dogs and let them run
wild they could do something about it and an indoor only cat was
welcome (as my mother didn't like cats and and had only agreed to do
it as a favour I don't know how pleased she was about that! In the
end, she liked having the cat, Schrodinger around as he was "good
company" but after Ron took him back she wouldn't have another one as
it was too much of a responsibilty)

Our landlord allowed us one cat under our original tenancy agreement
as we had a garden and when we moved we were able to argue to take the
cat with us (even through Speedy Joe was MIA but we thought one cat
would be nice- okay we ended up with 2!). Since then although we
break the rules with 2 and they could argue that the original cat we
were allowed to move in with us must be RB by now- they've never said
anything apart from sundry housing officials saying "Nice Cats" when
they come round. Then again as Sherry says we're almost never behind
with our rent (When Dave was in hospital we did because I was so
distracted I forgot to pay it but as soon as they contacted me we
sorted it out and they were fine when I called to explain and said it
was now up to date), we don;t complain about our neighbours nor us
them etc So surely Steve your landlord knows by now that it is far
better to tolerate your cats as you are a responsible slave than evict
you and risk getting someone in who doesn't pay their rent with all
the hassle that will entail to get rid of them or someone who wrecks
the joint. Rules as far as I am concerned are made to be bent by
common sense!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 5th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

wrote in message
I have 2 Tabby Cats Taffeta and Pipsqueak. So I am rather partial to
Tabbies.

With regard to other breeds I like the short haired varieties I am to
too keen on long haired cats. Let me know what you think.

Tabbylover
http://justbyjulies-cats.blogspot.com/

I love them all, but I have to admit to a partiality for Meezers, Calicos,
and talkers. I keep saying that someday some Meezer will show up on the
doorstep, even though the accommodations are full up right now.

Pam S.

Old December 5th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"CatNipped" wrote in message

One of my biggest fears is getting into a financial bind and not be able
to meet my mortgage payment. Not because *I* might be homeless, but
because my cats might be. It must be almost impossible to find a place to
live that will accept 5 cats - and, like you, I couldn't give up any one
of them so we'd all be living under a bridge somewhere together.

That's the reason we bought the house. At the time we had 5 cats and knew
that we were over our limit. We're still over our limit and one of our
neighbors makes veiled threats on occasion. Then I point out that my cats
can go outside only in their kitty jail and that they aren't bothering
anyone. His wife tells him to shut up and we're fine again.

Pam S

Old December 6th 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"CatNipped" wrote in message

One of my biggest fears is getting into a financial bind and not be able
to meet my mortgage payment. Not because *I* might be homeless, but
because my cats might be. It must be almost impossible to find a place
to live that will accept 5 cats - and, like you, I couldn't give up any
one of them so we'd all be living under a bridge somewhere together.

That's the reason we bought the house. At the time we had 5 cats and knew
that we were over our limit. We're still over our limit and one of our
neighbors makes veiled threats on occasion. Then I point out that my cats
can go outside only in their kitty jail and that they aren't bothering
anyone. His wife tells him to shut up and we're fine again.

Pam S

Really! I don't understand why some people have objections to cats - kids
usually do more damage to property than cats do. And indoor cats have no
effect on neighbors whatsoever!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 6th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article ,
"CatNipped" wrote:

Really! I don't understand why some people have objections to cats - kids
usually do more damage to property than cats do. And indoor cats have no
effect on neighbors whatsoever!

Some folks do have genuine allergies. As for the others, "The Cat Who
Walks by His Lone" in Kipling's _Just_ _So_ _Stories_ may help to
explain at least some of them.

Baird

--
Bumper sticker: "If you can't operate your turn signal,
what makes you think you can drive the rest of the car?"

Favourite pictures Marina Cat anecdotes 3 October 9th 07 09:44 PM
My favourite cat things.... Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 30 February 17th 07 09:21 PM
Favourite toys Kate Cat anecdotes 10 July 22nd 05 02:38 PM
A new 'favourite spot' Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 5 July 21st 05 03:23 PM
Who are your favourite catpersons? Bobcat Cat anecdotes 13 September 18th 04 10:56 AM