progress with Sam

Old December 2nd 04, 09:05 PM
Ann

Default progress with Sam

Thursday night I held Sam for the first time. He wasn't real happy but did
relax a bit. Since then I have tried to hold him every day or so. We are
leaving the cage open all the time now. Last night he was playing in and
around the cat condo I put in the room. It is about 3 feet away from his
cage. He would climb into the top of his cage and jump down to get into the
bottom on the condo. I was playing with the mylar toy around the condo and
he was having a wonderful time.He is spending less time near the cage, ( the
cage is his security if a noise or fast movement scares him he runs and lays
inside it.) Every little change is so exciting. Each day he is acting more
like a kitten that doesn't have a care in the world and not a scared stray.

Ann

Old December 2nd 04, 11:05 PM
jmcquown

Ann wrote:
Thursday night I held Sam for the first time. He wasn't real happy
but did relax a bit. Since then I have tried to hold him every day or
so. We are leaving the cage open all the time now. Last night he was
playing in and around the cat condo I put in the room. It is about 3
feet away from his cage. He would climb into the top of his cage and
jump down to get into the bottom on the condo. I was playing with the
mylar toy around the condo and he was having a wonderful time.He is
spending less time near the cage, ( the cage is his security if a
noise or fast movement scares him he runs and lays inside it.) Every
little change is so exciting. Each day he is acting more like a
kitten that doesn't have a care in the world and not a scared stray.

Ann

Awwww How nice Sam is starting to settle in and know he's loved and
wanted. Toys! Betcha he didn't expect that. Just wait until he discovers
paper bags and boxes.

Jill

Old December 3rd 04, 12:19 AM
Yoj

"Ann" wrote in message
[...]

This is good news!

Joy

Old December 3rd 04, 02:32 AM
Ann

He really loves to be petted. I have to keep reminding myself that he was
born outside and we are the first people he has had much contact with. In
some ways he is like every other kitten now. He is getting braver each day.
He does know about playing in boxes boxes.
Ann
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..

Old December 3rd 04, 04:40 AM
Marina

Ann wrote:

Thursday night I held Sam for the first time. He wasn't real happy but did
relax a bit. Since then I have tried to hold him every day or so. We are
leaving the cage open all the time now. Last night he was playing in and
around the cat condo I put in the room. It is about 3 feet away from his
cage. He would climb into the top of his cage and jump down to get into the
bottom on the condo. I was playing with the mylar toy around the condo and
he was having a wonderful time.He is spending less time near the cage, ( the
cage is his security if a noise or fast movement scares him he runs and lays
inside it.) Every little change is so exciting. Each day he is acting more
like a kitten that doesn't have a care in the world and not a scared stray.

Aww, how nice. You are making great progress with Sam.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old December 4th 04, 04:07 PM
Adrian

Ann wrote:
Thursday night I held Sam for the first time. He wasn't real happy
but did relax a bit. Since then I have tried to hold him every day or
so. We are leaving the cage open all the time now. Last night he was
playing in and around the cat condo I put in the room. It is about 3
feet away from his cage. He would climb into the top of his cage and
jump down to get into the bottom on the condo. I was playing with the
mylar toy around the condo and he was having a wonderful time.He is
spending less time near the cage, ( the cage is his security if a
noise or fast movement scares him he runs and lays inside it.) Every
little change is so exciting. Each day he is acting more like a
kitten that doesn't have a care in the world and not a scared stray.

Ann

Congratulations! I think you'll soon have a little love bug. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Progress! Singh Cat anecdotes 81 October 20th 04 04:57 PM
Cats in the Pants (Snowball the Ragdoll's progress) OOPS! M Gordon Douglas Cat anecdotes 8 October 15th 03 09:00 PM
Tucker's Progress Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 3 September 2nd 03 12:05 PM