An injured kitty outside

Old March 29th 10, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_4_]

Default An injured kitty outside

Around dusk today there was a mostly white kitty about 100' from the front
door. I was walking over to it for a closer look, and it started -
literally - hopping away from me. I was able to get close enough to see that
it has orange blotches and is not using the rear left leg.

I tried following the kitty and it stayed just ahead of me. Finally I had to
give up.

Ever since then I've been sick at heart. I was in the middle of watching a
movie with Dave when I went out, and I can't finish the movie. I started
loving on the cats in the house, one by one. How fortunate they are, that
they are not in danger from whatever or whoever harmed that orange and white
kitty outside.

How fragile is the web of life. How can some people be so numb to the
suffering of helpless animals. How sad I am that I cannot care for this
injured one.

Old March 29th 10, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kelly Greene[_2_]

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
How fortunate they are, that
they are not in danger from whatever or whoever harmed that orange and
white
kitty outside.

And yet millions of cat owners allow their cats to roam freely outside every
day. There they fall prey to all manner of predators and accidents with
motor vehicles.

Old March 29th 10, 12:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Pat wrote:
[...]

That must be rotten for you, I feel sad too.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old March 29th 10, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
[...]

I do hope it will be found and cared for soon.
Why do you think it is that cats are dumped near you? Do you have a
reputation of caring for them? I suppose that is yes.
Here am I, waiting for a stray to come along so I can adopt a needy cat as a
friend for Boyfie, but zilch. No-one comes. Yet.
He's quite happy atm to be an only cat but I have a vacancy since KFC. I
can afford 2 cats, to feed and vet treat if either had a severe illness or
accident but not more.
Strays are rare in my neck of the woods but one will arrive here eventually,
like both my two did (although KFC was not genuine - she was p*ss*d off with
the home she had. and just moved out.) but Boyfie was a very lost boy.
Tweed